Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

176 visa holder which of the 2 years have to live in state

176 visa holder which of the 2 years have to live in state

Old Dec 1st 2010, 6:49 am
Premium Member

armandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nice
Default Re: 176 visa holder which of the 2 years have to live in state

Originally Posted by Messenger
This is part of the reply by DIAC for 176 visa case(toolmaker) that we have found in google.
Please see below :

Assessment against Skilled- Sponsored (Subclass 176)
Part 176 of Schedule 2 to the Migration Regulations sets out criteria to be met for the grant of a subclass 176 visa and specifically subclause 176.211 requires that:
Either:
(a) the applicant has been employed in a skilled occupation for at least 12 months in the period of 24 months ending immediately before the day on which the application was made; or
(b) both of the following:
(i) the applicant satisfied the 2 year study requirement in the period of 6 months ending immediately before the day on which the application was made;
(ii) each degree, diploma or trade qualification used to satisfy the 2 year study requirement is closely related to the applicant’s nominated skilled occupation.

I think this makes it clear.
Absolutely wrong. You need to brush up your English comprehension and vocabulary. The 176.211 subclass is all about being eligible for 176 visa and has nothing to do with the moral obligations intended after the grant.

Please be sure of what you posting when giving advice/suggestions as the folks seeking advice are in genuine need of the same.

If you are unsure, let the senior members do their job. They are here not because they ought to be, but to help others.

armandra!
Old Dec 1st 2010, 6:54 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

There will be a case officer who will visit you every 6 months to check it
and if you want your case to be strong than you require to meet these obligations.
It is quite obvious that you can do whatever you want in the period of your stay in australia but it will effect the future entension of your visa.
Absolutely untrue. There is no case officer who visits you every 6 months; in fact you are sent a survey to complete every 6 months, but are under no obligation to do so. On a 176 visa as soon as it is granted you are a Permanent Resident and nothing is going to affect the "future extension of your visa" except staying out of the country past it's 5 year renewal date. On a PR visa you are PERMANENT RESIDENTS from the day you first land.

You really need to stop posting garbage.
Old Dec 1st 2010, 7:22 am
Forum Regular

Messenger is just really niceMessenger is just really niceMessenger is just really niceMessenger is just really niceMessenger is just really niceMessenger is just really niceMessenger is just really niceMessenger is just really nice

Well ,Well , Well
Amanda, Dorothy,
Instead of criticizing,if possible being a senior member, would you please contact some registered migration agent and help airlineguy1980 with his problem.
I have a humble request,"Please stop abuse".
God bless you all.
Old Dec 1st 2010, 10:45 am
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by airlineguy1980
I don't see even any where first 2 years even the obligation is atleast 2 years in the state so at the end of the five years if I lived in sponsoring state I m good for extension. Correct me I m wrong.based on this only I started the application
Check out the exact wording of the state you are applying to. for example Victoria starts the 2 years from the date YOU ( I assume this means the primary applicant) move to the state permanently.

SA states a commitment to at least 2 years working and living in the state but does not explicitly state the first 2 years.

haven't checked any others but even DIAC only states 2 years but doesn't explicitly state the FIRST 2 years.
Old Dec 1st 2010, 10:55 am

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Well ,Well , Well
Amanda, Dorothy,
Instead of criticizing,if possible being a senior member, would you please contact some registered migration agent and help airlineguy1980 with his problem.
God bless you all.
There is nothing in their posts that would constitute abuse, so I am a little concerned that you are jumping to that description. They are trying to advise the OP, so you might want to consider your words before leaping to conclusions that it is "abuse" just because you dislike the advice.
Old Dec 1st 2010, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

musmanasghar is just really nicemusmanasghar is just really nicemusmanasghar is just really nicemusmanasghar is just really nicemusmanasghar is just really nicemusmanasghar is just really nicemusmanasghar is just really nicemusmanasghar is just really nicemusmanasghar is just really nicemusmanasghar is just really nicemusmanasghar is just really nice

Well ,Well , Well
Amanda, Dorothy,
God bless you all.
IMO Armandra and DOROTHY, both of them are right and there posts have valid facts and figures...
Its not rocket science my friend, both of your posts are irrelevant and misleading. please admit that. each and every one of us are here to help and learn. some times when i made mistakes then seniors correct me.
Nobody is abusing you, i must say try to get things as positive.

On the other hand OP has got best possible guidance from other members. and I know he will appreciate this.
If he will need more then i am sure he will contact SOME REGISTERED MIGRATION AGENT.

Cheers
Old Dec 1st 2010, 11:31 am
Shafaqat Ali

shafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ROMFT_WO2RN
Check out the exact wording of the state you are applying to. for example Victoria starts the 2 years from the date YOU ( I assume this means the primary applicant) move to the state permanently.

SA states a commitment to at least 2 years working and living in the state but does not explicitly state the first 2 years.

haven't checked any others but even DIAC only states 2 years but doesn't explicitly state the FIRST 2 years.
i think 2 years after commencement of job.
if an applicants visit and want to come back then this restriction is not for him.
If he gets a job then he has to live in the sponsoring state for 2 years onward.
Old Dec 1st 2010, 11:46 am

adeel.zafar is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by airlineguy1980
ok i know there were hot arguments on this i just need some real life experiance.ok lets say i got my 176 pr visa but my family living in that state as per condition.due to my work commitments i m going in and out.but my family settled in sponsoring state.i intend to leave my current job and finish my obligation at the end of the five year term.can it be done or anybody have done it.
for some pictorial idea
visa validated on 2011 june
family live there for 2 years until 2013 june
the primary visa holder which is me working overseas joins them
from june 2013, so at the end of 5 years i have lived in the state for 3 years
i have my own situation i m trying to keep the moral obligation to the state.so if any one have done like this or heard about it let me know

I think what you are tying to do is moral and legal... 176 obligations just state that you agree to "remain in the State or Territory for a period of at least two years". This is just what I read from reading the conditions... It does not say immediately after validation the visa or whenever...

Reference:

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...-applicant.htm
Old Dec 1st 2010, 3:48 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Well ,Well , Well
Amanda, Dorothy,
God bless you all.
If airlineguy1980 needs a migration agent's help he needs to contact one himself. No agent worth their salt will deal with an anonymous person from a forum claiming to pass information on to someone else. They will want to deal with the applicant himself.

Furthermore no-one is posting abuse, people are posting answers to the original question.

The original question has been answered with plenty of info and links. Thread closed to prevent it becoming yet another slanging match.