176 sponsored, or 457 employer sponsored

Old Jan 31st 2008, 3:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

xzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of light
Default 176 sponsored, or 457 employer sponsored

If you could go over on a sponsored 176 visa, would you consider a sponsored 457 employment visa? Would there be any advantages other than knowing you have a job to go to?

Is there any way of being sponsored and getting a permanent visa?

Just interested in people opinions.
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 12:12 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 176 sponsored, or 457 employer sponsored

Originally Posted by xzibit
If you could go over on a sponsored 176 visa, would you consider a sponsored 457 employment visa? Would there be any advantages other than knowing you have a job to go to?

Is there any way of being sponsored and getting a permanent visa?

Just interested in people opinions.

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/457_Visa_Restrictions
Old Feb 4th 2008, 8:51 am
BE Forum Addict

xzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks, I have seen that page, makes it seem negative.

So I presume a 457 isn't a good option then? Apart from having a job offer?
Old Feb 4th 2008, 1:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

I suppose what I am asking is, if you had the choice of going on a permanent 176 family sponsored visa, or a temporary 457 employer sponsored visa which would be preference. I have heard the 457 is processed much quicker, and you can apply for permanent residency after a while.

I just want to know whether it's worth contacting employers who are willing to sponsor or not.
Old Feb 7th 2008, 12:59 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by xzibit
I suppose what I am asking is, if you had the choice of going on a permanent 176 family sponsored visa, or a temporary 457 employer sponsored visa which would be preference.
176, in most cases.

I have heard the 457 is processed much quicker, and you can apply for permanent residency after a while.
You can apply but if you don't meet the requirements you will be refused.

And in the meantime there are a lot of restrictions. Refer to the link in post #2.
Old Feb 12th 2008, 8:00 pm
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to brage in but I am also hopefully applying on a 176 - my sister is a PR in NSW. Does she have to have a certain income level to sponsor me or is the fact that she is working enough? I know that I no longer need an assurance of support for a 176 but just wondering if anyone knows of any other pitfalls that might trip me up?