176 postponed till 2012!!

Old Sep 29th 2009, 7:01 am
Forum Regular

JMC1678 is on a distinguished road
Default 176 postponed till 2012!!

Did anybody receive an email from Victoria this morning stating that anybody not on CSL will have to wait until 2012 to get their visa? I'm just about to have my medical done this morning and after 2 years of having the goalposts moved, not to mention lots of expense, I thought there was finally light at the end of the tunnel. Can anybody please tell me that I have got this wrong please?

John
Old Sep 29th 2009, 7:10 am
Forum Regular

sunitram is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 176 postponed till 2012!!

Originally Posted by JMC1678
Did anybody receive an email from Victoria this morning stating that anybody not on CSL will have to wait until 2012 to get their visa? I'm just about to have my medical done this morning and after 2 years of having the goalposts moved, not to mention lots of expense, I thought there was finally light at the end of the tunnel. Can anybody please tell me that I have got this wrong please?

John
Perhaps that notice isn't about SS, but about the overall migration processing priority. DIAC says an applicant with state sponsorship but his/her occupation isn't on CSL, then the priority is 5th.
Old Sep 29th 2009, 7:21 am
excited!

SuperC has a spectacular aura aboutSuperC has a spectacular aura aboutSuperC has a spectacular aura about

Hi John

Here's the link to the DIAC update from 23rd Sept
http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener.../whats-new.htm
Old Sep 29th 2009, 7:23 am
ajt
Forum Regular

ajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really nice

John
Hi John
regret to say that you havent got it wrong.
As per the latest release from DIAC you have to wait until 2012 if you are not on the CSL..
but dont loose heart...with DIAC , fortunes keep changing.
Old Sep 29th 2009, 7:23 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sunitram
Perhaps that notice isn't about SS, but about the overall migration processing priority. DIAC says an applicant with state sponsorship but his/her occupation isn't on CSL, then the priority is 5th.
Well, here's the message in its entirity -

News Alert from Victoria’s Skilled and Business Migration Program
This is to notify you that the Australian Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) has set new priority processing arrangements for certain Skilled Migration visas. The current priority processing Direction commenced on 23 September 2009.

The Direction applies to applications in the pipeline that have not been finalised, and to applications lodged with DIAC on or after 23 September 2009.

If your nominated occupation is not on the Critical Skills List (CSL) and you have applied for and are successful in obtaining Victorian Government sponsorship before the end of 2009, DIAC has stated that it is unlikely that your visa will be finalised before the end of 2012.

Victoria will however continue to process State sponsorships based on our skills in demand list -
Liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au/skills-in-demand. This means your application will be given priority once the higher priority groups are finalised in accordance with the Ministerial Direction. Without an occupation on the CSL, or sponsorship by an employer, State Government or family member resident in Australia, your application will not be processed until after 2012.

For specific information about processing times under the new priority processing Direction please refer to DIAC’s General Skilled Migration Client Service Charter webpage at: http://www.immi.gov.au/about/charter.../visas/8.0.htm.

Further information and FAQs on the priority processing Direction can be found on DIAC’s ‘What’s New? Recent Changes in General Skilled Migration’ webpage at: http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener.../whats-new.htm.

Kind regards,

Skilled and Business Migration Program
Workforce Victoria
Department of Innovation, Industry and Regional Development
GPO Box 4509, Melbourne, Victoria 3000
LiveInVictoria.vic.gov.au |www.employment.vic.gov.au
Old Sep 29th 2009, 7:24 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ajt
Hi John
regret to say that you havent got it wrong.
As per the latest release from DIAC you have to wait until 2012 if you are not on the CSL..
but dont loose heart...with DIAC , fortunes keep changing.
Yes, for the worst unfortunately.
Old Sep 29th 2009, 7:31 am
Forum Regular

sunitram is on a distinguished road

Well, here's the message in its entirity -

News Alert from Victoria’s Skilled and Business Migration Program
This is to notify you that the Australian Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) has set new priority processing arrangements for certain Skilled Migration visas. The current priority processing Direction commenced on 23 September 2009.

The Direction applies to applications in the pipeline that have not been finalised, and to applications lodged with DIAC on or after 23 September 2009.

If your nominated occupation is not on the Critical Skills List (CSL) and you have applied for and are successful in obtaining Victorian Government sponsorship before the end of 2009, DIAC has stated that it is unlikely that your visa will be finalised before the end of 2012.

Victoria will however continue to process State sponsorships based on our skills in demand list -
Liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au/skills-in-demand. This means your application will be given priority once the higher priority groups are finalised in accordance with the Ministerial Direction. Without an occupation on the CSL, or sponsorship by an employer, State Government or family member resident in Australia, your application will not be processed until after 2012.

For specific information about processing times under the new priority processing Direction please refer to DIAC’s General Skilled Migration Client Service Charter webpage at: http://www.immi.gov.au/about/charter.../visas/8.0.htm.

Further information and FAQs on the priority processing Direction can be found on DIAC’s ‘What’s New? Recent Changes in General Skilled Migration’ webpage at: http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener.../whats-new.htm.

Kind regards,

Skilled and Business Migration Program
Workforce Victoria
Department of Innovation, Industry and Regional Development
GPO Box 4509, Melbourne, Victoria 3000
LiveInVictoria.vic.gov.au |www.employment.vic.gov.au
Yes John. This is what I'm saying. You will have Victoria sponsorship without any delaying but there will be a long time gap between your getting a sponsorship and a final visa grant because of the DIAC's processing order which is changed Sep. 23rd, like others mentioned. Don't worry too much 'cause you aren't the worst case.. mine ..... I just started loosing a hope. but....
Old Sep 29th 2009, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

VickyMel is an unknown quantity at this point

John
It is also discussed in this thread
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=632120
Timescales seem a bit uncertain still at the moment and people are suggesting there may be more clarity in a few weeks.
It even affects people who's applications are currently being processed.