176 Family sponsorship...

Old Feb 6th 2011, 11:28 pm
Just Joined

mperei02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 176 Family sponsorship...

First thing...I commented on sponsering family to Australia not in context to visa 176...there is nothing illegal to convert visa once you are in a particualr country, that is if you have the money to travel first. its NOT A FRAUD, if it was visa will and would not be granted. People who have money travel and if like a place apply to stay there...NOTHING illegal in that. Take a hike no need to respond...

Originally Posted by Dorothy
How do you figure? There is no bridging visa from a tourist visa to a 176 family sponsored visa. The 176 is an offshore visa and can only be granted offshore...Therefore, no bridging to it.

What you are suggesting is called visa fraud. Obtaining a visitor's visa with the intention of staying permanently is at the very least dishonest. What would you have people say when questioned at the airport? "What is your purpose for coming to Australia?" Do you suggest they say "As a tourist" which is a lie or "I'm planning to stay here and be sponsored for another visa" which is not the purpose of a tourist visa.

And seeing how this is British Expats, the majority of posters here do not need to be "invited" to come to Australia, nor do they need a visitor's visa.

It annoys the hell out of me to see posters come on here with their ideas of how to cheat the system. It takes many of us years of hard work to be able to emigrate the legal way and to have people suggest committing fraud is ok just makes my blood boil.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 3:03 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mperei02
First thing...I commented on sponsering family to Australia not in context to visa 176...there is nothing illegal to convert visa once you are in a particualr country, that is if you have the money to travel first. its NOT A FRAUD, if it was visa will and would not be granted. People who have money travel and if like a place apply to stay there...NOTHING illegal in that. Take a hike no need to respond...
Than answer my question about what you say at the immigration desk at the airport when asked the purpose of your visit. And what family sponsored visa exactly is it you advocate bridging to?
Old Feb 7th 2011, 5:29 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

You suggested getting a Tourist Visa, lying to Immigration when you arrive and then getting a Bridging Visa to stay permanently. Illegal. Please refrain from telling someone to take a hike because you don't like their response.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 11:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Hampshire - soon to be somewhere between Brissie and Gold Coast!!!
MrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Dorothy
How do you figure? There is no bridging visa from a tourist visa to a 176 family sponsored visa. The 176 is an offshore visa and can only be granted offshore...Therefore, no bridging to it.

What you are suggesting is called visa fraud. Obtaining a visitor's visa with the intention of staying permanently is at the very least dishonest. What would you have people say when questioned at the airport? "What is your purpose for coming to Australia?" Do you suggest they say "As a tourist" which is a lie or "I'm planning to stay here and be sponsored for another visa" which is not the purpose of a tourist visa.

And seeing how this is British Expats, the majority of posters here do not need to be "invited" to come to Australia, nor do they need a visitor's visa.

It annoys the hell out of me to see posters come on here with their ideas of how to cheat the system. It takes many of us years of hard work to be able to emigrate the legal way and to have people suggest committing fraud is ok just makes my blood boil.
Agree with you on this one Dorothy! I am happy to wait (albeit impatiently ) knowing that I am doing it all the right way. I cannot bear it when people try to work the system and do it fraudulantly! Makes me mad too! It's people like that who lengthen the process!
Old Feb 7th 2011, 3:39 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guys...one way to is if you have single relative to sponser, is to first invite them to Aus on tourist visa...hopefully no further stay clause is not stamped on the visa.

Once they are in Aus then apply for their sposorship...they automatically go on bridiging visa...in the menatime use you account for paying for their needs...including food,travelling and clothing - Idea is show that they are dependend on you for every thing.

I have done it the same way...

Manny
I sometimes have this overwhelming urge to tell DIAC about some of the abuse of the system that comes to light in posts on here.........

And yes, it is abuse. No wonder so many visitors now get "No further stay" stamps on arrival.

Encouraging visa fraud is against the rules of the forum. If you wish to stay a member please don't do it again.
Old Feb 8th 2011, 7:43 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I sometimes have this overwhelming urge to tell DIAC about some of the abuse of the system that comes to light in posts on here.........

And yes, it is abuse. No wonder so many visitors now get "No further stay" stamps on arrival.

Encouraging visa fraud is against the rules of the forum. If you wish to stay a member please don't do it again.
Let's hope DIAC still read the forum.
Old Feb 8th 2011, 11:04 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Let's hope DIAC still read the forum.
I am assured they do......
Old Feb 8th 2011, 3:51 pm
Forum Regular

bikeframed will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Pollyana
If people are wondering why Pollyana doesn't do this, the site's Privacy Statement precludes moderators from releasing your personally-identifiable data without your permission.

However, in this particular case it might not be too hard for DIAC to figure out who the user in question is as, in other threads, they have revealed information about themselves that could easily be cross-referenced. Using this same information, a quick internet search even gives a potential address and phone number...all in all not very smart if you publicly plan to commit fraud.
Old Feb 8th 2011, 8:37 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Impressive to see a Social Worker trying to scam the system.

Save DIAC some searching... that would be Manny, the Adelaide based social worker, who arrived in Australia around September/October last year.

Last edited by iamthecreaturefromuranus; Feb 8th 2011 at 8:40 pm.
Old Feb 10th 2011, 3:48 am
Forum Regular

manumani is just really nicemanumani is just really nicemanumani is just really nicemanumani is just really nicemanumani is just really nicemanumani is just really nicemanumani is just really nicemanumani is just really nice

I've been waiting patiently since Aug 09, when I filed my family sponsored 176. I am in category 3. Its my understanding that right now, DIAC is working on Jan 09 applications. So, hopefully in the next 6 months or so, it will be my turn.