176 family sponsored visa...HELP

Old May 2nd 2011, 8:36 pm

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New points system and the million $ question

Originally Posted by monkeyboy3
Thanks.......out of interest do you think that would work if I managed to secure a job back as a telecoms field engineer for 12 months it might not be the same role as my apprenticeship but would be closely related maybe just working in businesses rather than residential?
I'm not sure. Is there no chance that your current role could be considered to be closely related?
Old May 2nd 2011, 8:39 pm
Banned

monkeyboy3 will become famous soon enoughmonkeyboy3 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by mrsgreenstar76
I'm not sure. Is there no chance that your current role could be considered to be closely related?
Unfortunately. not...... its still within telecoms but I am now office based, I wish you could just trade passports LOL
Old May 2nd 2011, 8:40 pm

mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately. not...... its still within telecoms but I am now office based, I wish you could just trade passports LOL
LOL Yeah, that'd be easier!
Old May 2nd 2011, 9:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 176 family sponsored visa...HELP

Yeah but I am young, fully trained and have 5 out of last 10 years experience......without sounding big headed I could do that job with my eyes closed and walk into that role in Australia you dont forget that stuff......I only left the role to progress in the UK
They have to draw a line somewhere and have easy to follow and enforce rules. How does DIAC know that you can do the job with your eyes closed, how can they have a rule that says 12 out of 24 months unless the applicant can do the job with their eyes closed ....

As well as the "forgetting skills" argument, there is another one around whether somebody is likely to stay in the occupation or not. If somebody has been out of their occupation for 12 months then it could be because they have decided to have a career change, take early retirement, raise a family. it isn't just about whetehr you can do the job, whether you *will* do the job also matters. This way DIAC improves the odds of skilled migrants providing the skills that are in shortage.
Old May 2nd 2011, 9:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

See I dont view it as a reasonable requirement at all, I have worked in the role for 5 out of the last 10 years, trained by trade in it and you dont forget that stuff you learn, I only left to progress my career.
They cannot monitor every immigrant to check they are working in the nominated occupation, so this is the only practical solution.

If people are working in the nominated occupation before they apply, then they are more likely to work in the nominated occupation when they arrive. It isn't fool proof by any means, but it increases the odds.

It sounds like you have moved onto something else now, it might be more senior, but if you are unable to emigrate on the strength of the current role, then it sounds like it something that Australia does not require.

To the original question, I also cannnot see the 12 out of 24 months requirement being removed.
Old May 3rd 2011, 7:38 am
Banned

monkeyboy3 will become famous soon enoughmonkeyboy3 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
They cannot monitor every immigrant to check they are working in the nominated occupation, so this is the only practical solution.

If people are working in the nominated occupation before they apply, then they are more likely to work in the nominated occupation when they arrive. It isn't fool proof by any means, but it increases the odds.

It sounds like you have moved onto something else now, it might be more senior, but if you are unable to emigrate on the strength of the current role, then it sounds like it something that Australia does not require.

To the original question, I also cannnot see the 12 out of 24 months requirement being removed.
Hi,

Yeah I have moved onto a more senior role and there is jobs for it is OZ but just cant secure a business sponsor and its not on the SOL list......thinking of taking a back step and returning to the field for 12 months
Old May 3rd 2011, 7:51 am
Banned

They have to draw a line somewhere and have easy to follow and enforce rules. How does DIAC know that you can do the job with your eyes closed, how can they have a rule that says 12 out of 24 months unless the applicant can do the job with their eyes closed ....

As well as the "forgetting skills" argument, there is another one around whether somebody is likely to stay in the occupation or not. If somebody has been out of their occupation for 12 months then it could be because they have decided to have a career change, take early retirement, raise a family. it isn't just about whetehr you can do the job, whether you *will* do the job also matters. This way DIAC improves the odds of skilled migrants providing the skills that are in shortage.
I hear you and agree but also feel that maybe they should take it on a case by case basis i.e I am young, last worked in the role in 2008, and I did complete a 3 year apprenticeship not just the average Jo 6 weeks training kind of thing.

I just find it frustrating that this is the case, and also the fact that you are not forced to work in your selected skill once you arrive for any period of time.
Old May 3rd 2011, 9:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I hear you and agree but also feel that maybe they should take it on a case by case basis i.e I am young, last worked in the role in 2008, and I did complete a 3 year apprenticeship not just the average Jo 6 weeks training kind of thing.

I just find it frustrating that this is the case, and also the fact that you are not forced to work in your selected skill once you arrive for any period of time.
How does taking it on a case by case help? They are after recruitment in specific areas they are not after people just because they are "young". If you are working in an area they wish to fill then you would qualify. What is special about your case?

It is not realistic to expect there to be different interpretation of the rules for different individuals. It would bring in far too much subjectivity, nothing would ever get finalised, there would be endless appeals. They need to have a structure to work to and this is the one that has been decided upon.

For similar reasons, it is impractical to check and force migrants to work in the nominated occupation. There would have to be an army of people employed to check on such a thing and another army to deal with "breaches" etc etc.

As I mentioned before, the way they can increase the chances that people work in the nominated occupation is to ensure that it is something they have worked in recently.

In fact you are almost a proof that there is good reasoning behind this rule and it is working; you do not have recent work experience in the occupation you propose to nominate and you have also indicated that you have progressed from it and would be unlikely to work in it.
Old May 3rd 2011, 9:46 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

If you want to move here on the skills you have, simply work for 12 months in that trade and then apply. A visa is not an entitlement, it's a privilege. We've all had to jump through the hoops that DIAC set us, we all consider ourselves special and some people, even with the right skills, still get refused. It's not supposed to be easy.
Old May 3rd 2011, 9:48 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Threads merged. Don't need two on the same subject.
Old May 3rd 2011, 12:12 pm
Banned

How does taking it on a case by case help? They are after recruitment in specific areas they are not after people just because they are "young". If you are working in an area they wish to fill then you would qualify. What is special about your case?

It is not realistic to expect there to be different interpretation of the rules for different individuals. It would bring in far too much subjectivity, nothing would ever get finalised, there would be endless appeals. They need to have a structure to work to and this is the one that has been decided upon.

For similar reasons, it is impractical to check and force migrants to work in the nominated occupation. There would have to be an army of people employed to check on such a thing and another army to deal with "breaches" etc etc.

As I mentioned before, the way they can increase the chances that people work in the nominated occupation is to ensure that it is something they have worked in recently.

In fact you are almost a proof that there is good reasoning behind this rule and it is working; you do not have recent work experience in the occupation you propose to nominate and you have also indicated that you have progressed from it and would be unlikely to work in it.
I can think of manys ways to describe you just now
Old May 3rd 2011, 12:17 pm

Why? Just because you dislike the answer? DIAC aren't going to change the rules because YOU don't like them. Either get the recent work experience or don't. That's your choice - not DIACs. Bermudashorts' answer is perfectly valid.
Old May 3rd 2011, 12:17 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

Yup, the words are helpful and realistic. Oh and factual.
Old May 3rd 2011, 8:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You have shown a lot of immaturity over this last day or so but that probably takes the biscuit. I have visions of you standing in the middle of a room bawling "I want, I want, I want".

The rules aren't wrong just because you don't qualify. The IELTs rules shouldn't be changed because you don't see why you should take it. In this life we can't always have what we want, it isn't always handed to us on a platter and if you want this you are going to have to work at it. Thinly veiled insults to members of BE who have done nothing but attempt to explain rationale to you, ain't going to help.
Old May 3rd 2011, 9:13 pm
Banned

You have shown a lot of immaturity over this last day or so but that probably takes the biscuit. I have visions of you standing in the middle of a room bawling "I want, I want, I want".

The rules aren't wrong just because you don't qualify. The IELTs rules shouldn't be changed because you don't see why you should take it. In this life we can't always have what we want, it isn't always handed to us on a platter and if you want this you are going to have to work at it. Thinly veiled insults to members of BE who have done nothing but attempt to explain rationale to you, ain't going to help.
Apologies on my part.......sorry if I caused offence and you are right these are the rules.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.