176 Family sponsored visa

Old Apr 30th 2009, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

buchanan has a brilliant futurebuchanan has a brilliant futurebuchanan has a brilliant futurebuchanan has a brilliant futurebuchanan has a brilliant futurebuchanan has a brilliant futurebuchanan has a brilliant future
Default 176 Family sponsored visa

We are here on a 457 sponsored visa and want to apply for PR (we came out in Jan 09), my husband will not have 120 point for visa until Jan 2010 and to get these he will need to do IELTS and work in Aus for a year. My brother is a Permanent resident and I was wondering if it would be a better route to get him to sponsor me and my family, I have 105 points better than the 100 required. Does anyone have any experience of this visa, is it straightforward. It would be great to apply for this visa now and not have to wait until next year.
Old Apr 30th 2009, 10:34 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 176 Family sponsored visa

Originally Posted by buchanan
We are here on a 457 sponsored visa and want to apply for PR (we came out in Jan 09), my husband will not have 120 point for visa until Jan 2010 and to get these he will need to do IELTS and work in Aus for a year. My brother is a Permanent resident and I was wondering if it would be a better route to get him to sponsor me and my family, I have 105 points better than the 100 required. Does anyone have any experience of this visa, is it straightforward. It would be great to apply for this visa now and not have to wait until next year.
What is your husbands profession? If it's on the CSL and is unlikely to come off it, then it might be better to wait for your husband. If he is not CSL then you applying under a 176 will get you and your family into the queue now.
Old May 3rd 2009, 6:00 am
Forum Regular

buchanan has a brilliant futurebuchanan has a brilliant futurebuchanan has a brilliant futurebuchanan has a brilliant futurebuchanan has a brilliant futurebuchanan has a brilliant futurebuchanan has a brilliant future

We are both on the CSL as secondary school teachers, why do you feel it would be better to wait? It will cost us more money as we will need to have medicals again (5 of us) and my husband will need to do his IELTS
Old May 3rd 2009, 6:06 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by buchanan
We are both on the CSL as secondary school teachers, why do you feel it would be better to wait? It will cost us more money as we will need to have medicals again (5 of us) and my husband will need to do his IELTS
I was of course basing my suggestion only on what you had previously said.

CSL occupations are currently processed so much faster. A bog standard 175 and 176 family sponsored application is being estimated as taking up to three years these days. But if you are both CSL, I'd say go for it now.

It's probably best to speak to a registered migration consultant where you can discuss your full circumstances and they can provide you with the full range of best options.

Good luck.
Old May 3rd 2009, 6:52 am
Forum Regular

Ribbit is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
I am in the same boat - have applied for 457 Visa - sounds like CO is about to make her decision.

Also have 176 visa applied for - my brother is a citizen.

have been in contact with immigration - not looking likely to be able to change to a 176 state sponsorship as I treat dogs/cats.

But I guess my question is - will my points go up after I have worked for 1 year. Current points 100.

Or does one have to apply for a new visa to get these extra points?

My guess is that you can add the extra points - as my situation has changed. Well thats my hope.
Old May 3rd 2009, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

At present we only have 100 points for 175 visa, on 1st Jan next year my husband will have worked in Aus for 1 year giving another 10 points and if he does IELTS he will get another 10 if he passes. Can we apply for 175 now and add the extra points on later?