Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

176 Family Sponsored to 176 State Sponsored

176 Family Sponsored to 176 State Sponsored

Old Sep 13th 2009, 5:10 pm
Just Joined

shalini80 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 176 Family Sponsored to 176 State Sponsored

i have a couple of questions and request some expert guidance.

1. i understand that i can convert "175" to "176 State Sponsored" after i apply.
but can i also convert "176 Family Sponsored" to "176 State Sponsored" when i am granted State Sponsorship after i have applied to DIAC?

2. can i apply for 176 family sponsored after i have applied for state sponsorship and before i get the SS result.? or should i apply for State sponsorship after applying for "176 Family Sponsored" to DIAC.

thanks in advance
Shalini
Old Sep 13th 2009, 10:59 pm
Forum Regular

Pharaoh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 176 Family Sponsored to 176 State Sponsored

Originally Posted by shalini80
i have a couple of questions and request some expert guidance.

1. i understand that i can convert "175" to "176 State Sponsored" after i apply.
but can i also convert "176 Family Sponsored" to "176 State Sponsored" when i am granted State Sponsorship after i have applied to DIAC?

Yes, you can. I applied for 176 family sponsored then converted to 176 SS after I got the state approval

2. can i apply for 176 family sponsored after i have applied for state sponsorship and before i get the SS result.? or should i apply for State sponsorship after applying for "176 Family Sponsored" to DIAC.

I think both are possible, but you should inform DIAC with the change.

thanks in advance
Shalini
Answers are in red.
Cheers,
Old Sep 15th 2009, 3:02 pm
Just Joined

Pharaoh, thanks a lot for your answer.

regarding the 1st point, i am happy to know that it is possible.

with respect to 2nd point, i have a further query.
incase i apply for State Sponsorship first and before getting the SS result, i apply for 176 Family Sponsored to DIAC, do i need to inform the State, that i have applied for PR to DIAC.
i intend to do so, because, i understand that State sponsorship application before applying to DIAC gets higher priority.

thanks
Shalini
Old Sep 15th 2009, 4:10 pm
Forum Regular

Pharaoh is an unknown quantity at this point

Pharaoh, thanks a lot for your answer.

regarding the 1st point, i am happy to know that it is possible.

with respect to 2nd point, i have a further query.
incase i apply for State Sponsorship first and before getting the SS result, i apply for 176 Family Sponsored to DIAC, do i need to inform the State, that i have applied for PR to DIAC.
i intend to do so, because, i understand that State sponsorship application before applying to DIAC gets higher priority.

thanks
Shalini
Why on earth do you want to complicate your case?
I remember that I read in other thread that someone has been refused by ACT because they found that he applied for multiple states, although he applied for the other states after he applied for ACT.

I'm not sure if it's the same case here, but you should be very careful with you decisions. I'm afraid they may consider it as dishonesty.

If you already lodged your Application to DIAC, you should give your application details and the TRN to the state when applying for their sponsorship. But, I believe that they give priority to applicants who haven't applied to DIAC.

When I applied to ACT sponsorship, they asked me to give reasons for why I need to change for state sponsorship. I answered very honestly and I granted my sponsorship as well as my VISA.

Last edited by Pharaoh; Sep 15th 2009 at 4:13 pm.
Old Sep 16th 2009, 4:34 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pharaoh
Why on earth do you want to complicate your case?
I remember that I read in other thread that someone has been refused by ACT because they found that he applied for multiple states, although he applied for the other states after he applied for ACT.

I'm not sure if it's the same case here, but you should be very careful with you decisions. I'm afraid they may consider it as dishonesty.

If you already lodged your Application to DIAC, you should give your application details and the TRN to the state when applying for their sponsorship. But, I believe that they give priority to applicants who haven't applied to DIAC.

When I applied to ACT sponsorship, they asked me to give reasons for why I need to change for state sponsorship. I answered very honestly and I granted my sponsorship as well as my VISA.
i do not plan to apply to multiple states, i am only interested in Victoria state as i have a number of close relatives there.

my only intention is to apply for SS first and then DIAC so that i can get the priority.
so my simple question is if after applying for SS, i immediately apply to DIAC, do i still get the priority?

thanks
Old Sep 16th 2009, 7:20 pm
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

i do not plan to apply to multiple states, i am only interested in Victoria state as i have a number of close relatives there.

my only intention is to apply for SS first and then DIAC so that i can get the priority.
so my simple question is if after applying for SS, i immediately apply to DIAC, do i still get the priority?

thanks
You will only get priority processing when you have the SS. You would only put another (non SS) application in as insurance - the SS not passing. If age is an issue (close to 45) then you would lodge a 175 or 176 (family) in case you went past the age. A friend got there SS but was initially told they could not have there visa as the SS was lodged when he was 45, a call to the CO stating that they applied with a 175 when he was 44.

Cooler
Old Nov 7th 2009, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

whtzau is on a distinguished road

dear all,

I am subcalss 175 CSL applicants. I was wondering if my application would get higher priority once my SS approvedd. Thanks.
Old Nov 8th 2009, 11:14 am
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by whtzau
dear all,

I am subcalss 175 CSL applicants. I was wondering if my application would get higher priority once my SS approvedd. Thanks.
Family sponsored?

Cooler
Old Nov 8th 2009, 1:57 pm
Forum Regular

whtzau is on a distinguished road

Hi , I would like to apply for WA SS.

steve
Old Nov 8th 2009, 2:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by whtzau
Hi , I would like to apply for WA SS.

steve
If you have already got 120 points I would not bother with a state sponsorship for the small difference (weeks) it would mean to processing times. State sponsorships can take months anyway and there is all the paperwork, plus the inflexibility. If you can get a 175, then it is easier and you are better off in the end.