175 vs 885

Old Nov 23rd 2012, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

outward_Bound is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 175 vs 885

Hi,

I've been following the Visa allocation website for what seems like ages. I'm a priority 5, 175 offshore applicant.

It seems that DIAC is processing the 885 - onshore skilled independent visas at a much faster rate than the 175 - offshore option.

Does anyone know if DIAC intend to process all the 885 visas before moving onto 175 or will they process up until a certain date?

For example, It seems unfair to me that someone who is onshore and applied in 2010 should be processed before someone who applied offshore in 2008...considering they are both priority 5 applicants
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 12:49 pm

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 175 vs 885

Originally Posted by outward_Bound
Hi,

I've been following the Visa allocation website for what seems like ages. I'm a priority 5, 175 offshore applicant.

It seems that DIAC is processing the 885 - onshore skilled independent visas at a much faster rate than the 175 - offshore option.

Does anyone know if DIAC intend to process all the 885 visas before moving onto 175 or will they process up until a certain date?

For example, It seems unfair to me that someone who is onshore and applied in 2010 should be processed before someone who applied offshore in 2008...considering they are both priority 5 applicants
487, 885 & 886 in the P5 group were started before the offshore subclasses. As far as I'm aware, they're processing them concurrently. There's not much you can do but wait. At least the independent subclasses will be dealt with before family sponsored, so you have an edge there.