Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

175 visas won't be processed until July 2010

175 visas won't be processed until July 2010

Old Sep 11th 2009, 11:40 pm
Forum Regular

paddyb157 will become famous soon enoughpaddyb157 will become famous soon enough
Unhappy 175 visas won't be processed until July 2010

Hey everyone, about 2 weeks ago i phoned the immigration and asked them about my PR visa (175). I have applied im March 2009 and from UK.

Anyway, i asked them approximately how long do they think it would take and they said that they won't be processing any PR visas until at least July 2010!!!

They said that this is due to the economy and that almost all other visas have priority over PR 175. I am a carpenter but that has been recently removed form the critical skills list like many other trades.

However, i just checked my visa status and it said that it had been "processed further". I very happy about this but still not sure if i will have to wait until July at least before i can go back to Oz.

Anyone else heard about any of this?

Thank you.
Old Sep 12th 2009, 3:34 am
Forum Regular

HoriFTC will become famous soon enoughHoriFTC will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 175 visas won't be processed until July 2010

Originally Posted by paddyb157
Hey everyone, about 2 weeks ago i phoned the immigration and asked them about my PR visa (175). I have applied im March 2009 and from UK.

Anyway, i asked them approximately how long do they think it would take and they said that they won't be processing any PR visas until at least July 2010!!!

They said that this is due to the economy and that almost all other visas have priority over PR 175. I am a carpenter but that has been recently removed form the critical skills list like many other trades.

However, i just checked my visa status and it said that it had been "processed further". I very happy about this but still not sure if i will have to wait until July at least before i can go back to Oz.

Thank you.
MODL and SOL applications won't be processed until July 2010. All others (ENS, SS, CSL) will be.
Old Sep 12th 2009, 6:39 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HoriFTC
MODL and SOL applications won't be processed until July 2010. All others (ENS, SS, CSL) will be.
All applications are SOL applications as this is the list u need to be on to qualify for a visa in the first instance...
Old Sep 12th 2009, 7:07 am
Forum Regular

HoriFTC will become famous soon enoughHoriFTC will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
All applications are SOL applications as this is the list u need to be on to qualify for a visa in the first instance...
Thats's true of course.

So all application, where the applicant's occupation is not on the CSL, or the application is not sponsored by an employer or a state/territory won't be processed until July 2010.

Is this correct so?
Old Sep 12th 2009, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

vsnb is an unknown quantity at this point

Moreover, they are going to prune CSL this October. I would say, none but sponsored ppl will be procesed before July 2010.
Old Sep 12th 2009, 8:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HoriFTC
Thats's true of course.

So all application, where the applicant's occupation is not on the CSL, or the application is not sponsored by an employer or a state/territory won't be processed until July 2010.

Is this correct so?
All the indications are that this could well be correct. I assume they won't even start processing until then so also depends where you are in the queue.
Old Sep 12th 2009, 8:57 am
BE Enthusiast

looky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nice

Originally Posted by paddyb157

Thank you.
If you are not on the CSL for 175 then all you can do is wait and for a long while or change to another higher priority visa.
Old Sep 12th 2009, 12:30 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Current processing update from ASPC here