175 visa withdrawl query

Old Apr 27th 2012, 1:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Damson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond repute
Default 175 visa withdrawl query

We have a 175 visa which expires in Jan 2014. I understand that the 175 will be removed from 1 July 2012. Does anyone know if this will affect renewal of our 175 post expiry of the visa (we hope to move over next year) or do the rules of our original 175 restrictions still apply? Cheers
Old Apr 27th 2012, 2:12 pm

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 175 visa withdrawl query

Originally Posted by Damson
We have a 175 visa which expires in Jan 2014. I understand that the 175 will be removed from 1 July 2012. Does anyone know if this will affect renewal of our 175 post expiry of the visa (we hope to move over next year) or do the rules of our original 175 restrictions still apply? Cheers
You have a 175. It's not going to change to a 189 when the changes come in. That's for new applicants. If you don't move before it expires, you'll need to get an RRV.

(BTW, you only posted three hours ago in the other thread - give people a chance to reply!)
Old Apr 27th 2012, 5:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Damson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, cheers for that. I'm so used to rules changing that I always get nervous when they make any announcements. Nice to know that the rules for us won't change.

Ref my re-posting, I changed my mind as to where to post the thread as I thought afterwards it might get buried in a sticky. I haven't posted in this section for a bit.

Cheers again
Old Apr 27th 2012, 5:32 pm

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, cheers for that. I'm so used to rules changing that I always get nervous when they make any announcements. Nice to know that the rules for us won't change.

Ref my re-posting, I changed my mind as to where to post the thread as I thought afterwards it might get buried in a sticky. I haven't posted in this section for a bit.

Cheers again
No worries. I think we all get a bit nervous when DIAC start changing goalposts!
Old Apr 28th 2012, 5:10 am
BE Enthusiast

peaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nice

a big NO!!! to your question.

The past is past my friend.. it will not affect your VISA.. the new changes are for the new applicants after 1st july..

so don't worry... you will be fine.

Cheers,
PB