175 visa please help!!!

Old Apr 27th 2008, 1:01 pm
Forum Regular

zoeNpaul is just really nicezoeNpaul is just really nicezoeNpaul is just really nicezoeNpaul is just really nicezoeNpaul is just really nicezoeNpaul is just really nicezoeNpaul is just really nicezoeNpaul is just really nicezoeNpaul is just really nicezoeNpaul is just really nice
Default 175 visa please help!!!

Hi I am getting all confused now (which doesn't take much) as I think I have been given some duff info about the 175 visa.

I have been qualified as a midwife since September 07 working since December 07 (one of the lucky ones who got a job quite soon) I was told I by an agent I needed to work for 12 mts before we could apply for our visa, so we just put things on hold for a little while, anyway we had a look at other agents webs and spoke to another one who told us I only had to have worked for 6 mts.

Anyway I looked into it further and though I would apply myself so I have applied to have my skills assessed, anyway I have just been looking at the Visa website to apply on line and it says you have to work for 12 mts before applying for the 175 visa or have trained in OZ!!!!!

Can anyone else please clarify who is right here as I dont want to apply for our visa pay all the money and then be told we have wasted our money!!!!:curse:
Old Apr 27th 2008, 1:23 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 175 visa please help!!!

Go with what the DIAC site says. www.immi.gov.au
Old Apr 27th 2008, 1:27 pm
Forum Regular

zoeNpaul is just really nicezoeNpaul is just really nicezoeNpaul is just really nicezoeNpaul is just really nicezoeNpaul is just really nicezoeNpaul is just really nicezoeNpaul is just really nicezoeNpaul is just really nicezoeNpaul is just really nicezoeNpaul is just really nice

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Go with what the DIAC site says. www.immi.gov.au
I knew it was too good to be true, I am so gutted now we were getting our finances etc... into order as I know a few other midwives who have had there visa processed very quickly, god I am gutted now

Thanks x
Old Apr 27th 2008, 1:49 pm
Just Joined

cazzamia is a name known to allcazzamia is a name known to allcazzamia is a name known to allcazzamia is a name known to allcazzamia is a name known to allcazzamia is a name known to allcazzamia is a name known to allcazzamia is a name known to allcazzamia is a name known to allcazzamia is a name known to allcazzamia is a name known to all

Originally Posted by zoeNpaul
I knew it was too good to be true, I am so gutted now we were getting our finances etc... into order as I know a few other midwives who have had there visa processed very quickly, god I am gutted now

Thanks x
What's an extra six months wait in the scheme of things? That's no time at all and to be honest, you are much better off than other people who don't have a profession which allows them to apply for a visa with just 12 months work experience.

Calm down - six months will be gone before you even notice it! :-)

Cazz
x
Old Apr 27th 2008, 1:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by cazzamia
What's an extra six months wait in the scheme of things? That's no time at all and to be honest, you are much better off than other people who don't have a profession which allows them to apply for a visa with just 12 months work experience.

Calm down - six months will be gone before you even notice it! :-)

Cazz
x
Hi Thanks for that, I am just a bit p@*@*@*d, its not long at all reall is it
x
Old Apr 27th 2008, 1:58 pm
Just Joined

cazzamia is a name known to allcazzamia is a name known to allcazzamia is a name known to allcazzamia is a name known to allcazzamia is a name known to allcazzamia is a name known to allcazzamia is a name known to allcazzamia is a name known to allcazzamia is a name known to allcazzamia is a name known to allcazzamia is a name known to all

Originally Posted by zoeNpaul
Hi Thanks for that, I am just a bit p@*@*@*d, its not long at all reall is it
x
Nope! ....... Glad you see sense.

My OH qualified as a carpenter last year and has just started his first job. As his skill is on the SOL list we too only have 12 months to wait before we can apply - so fingers crossed. Just dreading all the darn paperwork, but hey ho, where there is a will, there is a way.

Cazz
xxx

Last edited by cazzamia; Apr 27th 2008 at 2:01 pm.
Old Apr 27th 2008, 2:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by cazzamia
Nah ....... Glad you see sense.

My OH qualified as a carpenter last year and has just started his first job. As his skill is on the SOL list we too only have 12 months to wait before we can apply - so fingers crossed. Just dreading all the darn paperwork, but hey ho, where there is a will, there is a way.

Cazz
xxx
Ill be counting down the days now till we can apply lol... only 8mts to go, I think Ill do all the paper work etc before hand and have it ready to go on the 10th dec (very sad I know), at least I can still have my skills assessed after 3 months so I am ok there, we are very lucky to be in such good positions am sure there are lots out there who would want our type of qualifications just to get out there. My Hubby is a joiner but he is 46 so we cant rely on his qualifications
x