Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

175 visa apps (low risk country) Sep 07 - Apr 08.

175 visa apps (low risk country) Sep 07 - Apr 08.

Old Sep 4th 2008, 12:57 am
Forum Regular

jaq4chop will become famous soon enoughjaq4chop will become famous soon enough
Default 175 visa apps (low risk country) Sep 07 - Apr 08.

Hello everyone,

I was at a bit of a loose end last night & in a rather sad & obsessive manner I pulled some info from the beupdate website.

Using the 175 visa applications only (as that is the one we have applied for) from September 07 as it seemed a good place to start to April 08 (as that is when we applied) I extracted all the applicants.

Then I removed the following applicants as they were not relevant to the info I was trying to deduce. Those with visa granted, those that stated they were from a high risk country, those that had not updated with either a pre aknowledgement date or an acknowledgement date (if they had one or the other I kept them)

Both paper & online applications & modl & non modl are included.

What I was aiming to get to was how many applications were listed & how many had COs. Quite why I decided I wanted to know this I don't know but the result was quite cheerful.

201 applications listed.
59 have case officers
44 of the 201 are paper based (including us)
8 paper based have case officers.

Does anyone find this info useful / interesting? I am happy to update the results once a week & post them in this thread. Please let me know if you would like to see the info. Alternatively, please feel free to send mocking replies on how I should get out more often.

Cheers Jaq
Old Sep 4th 2008, 1:34 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 175 visa apps (low risk country) Sep 07 - Apr 08.

I checked my online status and the BE Update every day for months.....you've just taken it up another level....LOL
Beth x x
Old Sep 4th 2008, 1:46 am
Going nowhere slowly...

Tania T is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by jaq4chop
Hello everyone,

I was at a bit of a loose end last night & in a rather sad & obsessive manner I pulled some info from the beupdate website.

Using the 175 visa applications only (as that is the one we have applied for) from September 07 as it seemed a good place to start to April 08 (as that is when we applied) I extracted all the applicants.

Then I removed the following applicants as they were not relevant to the info I was trying to deduce. Those with visa granted, those that stated they were from a high risk country, those that had not updated with either a pre aknowledgement date or an acknowledgement date (if they had one or the other I kept them)

Both paper & online applications & modl & non modl are included.

What I was aiming to get to was how many applications were listed & how many had COs. Quite why I decided I wanted to know this I don't know but the result was quite cheerful.

201 applications listed.
59 have case officers
44 of the 201 are paper based (including us)
8 paper based have case officers.

Does anyone find this info useful / interesting? I am happy to update the results once a week & post them in this thread. Please let me know if you would like to see the info. Alternatively, please feel free to send mocking replies on how I should get out more often.

Cheers Jaq
Hi Jaq4chop, very interesting info. How did you go about getting all this info? We only lodged 21 July 08 so I would like to sit and do the same kind of thing. I'm very impatient with this whole process just want to get over there ASAP.

T
Old Sep 4th 2008, 1:49 am
Forum Regular

Hi,

go to www.beupdate.co.uk and add your details on there. you get a good idea of real time lines rather than the standard weekly immi e-mail.

beware it is sadly addictive.

cheers Jaq
Old Sep 4th 2008, 1:52 am
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jaq,

this is a great idea as long as the stats keep telling a good story! But certainly I'd be interested in seeing how the numbers tally up in the coming weeks.

cheers!

Therese
Old Sep 4th 2008, 1:53 am
Going nowhere slowly...

Originally Posted by jaq4chop
Hi,

go to www.beupdate.co.uk and add your details on there. you get a good idea of real time lines rather than the standard weekly immi e-mail.

beware it is sadly addictive.

cheers Jaq
Thanks I have just had a look at this site. Will add our details too. I am already addicted to this site and my hubby just laughs when he sees me in front of the PC. The weekly e-mail they send us say's they are still busy with 21 November 2007 it has not moved in almost 2 months. This just cannot be possible still. I see people receiving CO's and some granted Visa's with later dates lodged than 21 Nov 07.

I'm still very new to this whole thing so it's taking some time to figure everything out as I go along. Thanks for the help again.

Tania
Old Sep 4th 2008, 6:46 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Tania T
Thanks I have just had a look at this site. Will add our details too. I am already addicted to this site and my hubby just laughs when he sees me in front of the PC. The weekly e-mail they send us say's they are still busy with 21 November 2007 it has not moved in almost 2 months. This just cannot be possible still. I see people receiving CO's and some granted Visa's with later dates lodged than 21 Nov 07.

I'm still very new to this whole thing so it's taking some time to figure everything out as I go along. Thanks for the help again.

Tania
Hi Tania,

Welcome to the wonderful world of limbo land. The reason the weekly e-mail from diac dates are so depressing is the way they word it.

Basically it means that all applications received before that date have a case officer. Applications received after that date could be in any part of the process. When we first applied in April I checked the e mail every week and after it had moved 2 days in 3 months I was almost ready to throw it all in. Then in found British Expats & Poms in Oz & the beupdate websites & now at least I have other people in the same situation to chat & moan to.

You will find loads of really friendly & helpful people on these websites & heaps of useful advice.

Good luck

Jacqui
Old Sep 4th 2008, 7:19 am
Forum Regular

Chris N Lora will become famous soon enoughChris N Lora will become famous soon enough

Thanks a bunch!!!

I am addicted already and only seen it for 2 minutes lol
Old Sep 4th 2008, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Chris N Lora
Thanks a bunch!!!

It'll be your home page by the end of the week!!!!
Old Sep 4th 2008, 6:42 pm
Going nowhere slowly...

Originally Posted by Chris N Lora
Thanks a bunch!!!

Jacqui

Thanks for the info. Will chat to you again soon. I'll have to give myself some time away from the PC for a while. Say maybe a week or so, or I'll drive myself insane with the waiting. Good luck on your application.

Where in Oz are you planning on migrating to?

Cheers!! Enjoy your weekend

Tania
Old Sep 4th 2008, 7:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

maroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nice

I completely relate to the need to try to find patterns and make some sense out of all this but I do wonder about the many thousands of other applicants who don't use this website or BEUPDATE? Whether they be 175/6s or whichever country they come from, good old DIAC still has to wade through them. We're just a small subset of applicants on here.

If DIAC receives several thousand applications a day, and received something like 20,000 in August, I'm not sure how to use the BEUPDATE statistics in relation to these thousands of other unrecorded applications.

Know what I mean?

I used to look at the October paperbased applications and think hurrah! At this rate, me being a March applicant, I'll get my visa by Christmas. 2 months later the processing is still stuck in October. And then somebody who applied in APRIL gets a visa! So I'm left thinking much as I would like to find a pattern in all this, there probably isn't one.

Sorry to be devils advocate
Old Sep 4th 2008, 8:49 pm
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

What's this weekly e-mail people speak of??
Old Sep 4th 2008, 9:18 pm
Going nowhere slowly...

Originally Posted by RedT
Hi RedT

You send a blank e-mail to the following address : [email protected]

PROCESSING INFORMATION

A case officer will be appointed to assess the application as soon as possible, however, the ASPC receives a large number of applications and you will not be contacted immediately.

The amount of time taken to finalise applications can vary significantly, depending on individual circumstances and requirements. Delays which are beyond the control of
the ASPC may sometimes occur.

Information on processing is updated weekly and can be obtained by sending a blank email to: [email protected]

This is an automated service providing processing information only. Please do not send any other enquiry or information to this email address.

This was sent to us when we lodged our application.

Hope this helps.

Tania
Old Sep 4th 2008, 9:36 pm
Going nowhere slowly...

Originally Posted by RedT
Hi RedT,

You send a blank e-mail to the following address and then they will send you a notification to say where they are with the different applications ....

[email protected]

PROCESSING INFORMATION

A case officer will be appointed to assess the application as soon as possible, however, the ASPC receives a large number of applications and you will not be contacted immediately.

The amount of time taken to finalise applications can vary significantly, depending on individual circumstances and requirements. Delays which are beyond the control of
the ASPC may sometimes occur.

Information on processing is updated weekly and can be obtained by sending a blank email to: [email protected]

This is an automated service providing processing information only. Please do not send any other enquiry or information to this email address.

This was sent to us in an e-mail when we lodged our application.

Hope it helps.

Tania
Old Sep 4th 2008, 9:52 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Or you take a look at the sticky at the top of this page.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.