175 online uploading documents.

Old Dec 16th 2009, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

Pozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nice
Default 175 online uploading documents.

Sorry if this is a silly question or if I seem to keep asking the same things.

When I start my application I understand I need my skills assessment details before I lodge it.

Do I need the other required documents ready for uploading while I fill in the application or do I do this after I have lodged my application and paid my money?

Old Dec 16th 2009, 7:57 pm

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 175 online uploading documents.

Originally Posted by Pozz
Sorry if this is a silly question or if I seem to keep asking the same things.

When I start my application I understand I need my skills assessment details before I lodge it.

Do I need the other required documents ready for uploading while I fill in the application or do I do this after I have lodged my application and paid my money?

to lodge a valid application you need to have to be under 45 (i.e. passport), prove your English ability (eligible passport or IELTS test), have your skills assessed (letter from assessing authority) and pay the fee (credit card). I think that's that, the rest can be provided later. Later means, going by standard auto-acknowledgment email, 28 days for most things bar meds and police clearances. If anything is missing, CO will request it in a due course.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

Pozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nice

Thank you thats what I wanted to know.

I understand what is needed for the visa, it was more what I physically need to hand when I start to fill in application, and what will I be asked for by the co.

I dont want to get caught out trying to provide a document I wasnt expecting to be asked for.

So as it stands, once my skills assessment comes back from my professional body I can do the application and pay the fee, then I will be contacted for the other information and documents that require uploading at a later date.
Old Dec 17th 2009, 5:06 am
Forum Regular

Matrisha is a jewel in the roughMatrisha is a jewel in the roughMatrisha is a jewel in the roughMatrisha is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Pozz
Thank you thats what I wanted to know.

I understand what is needed for the visa, it was more what I physically need to hand when I start to fill in application, and what will I be asked for by the co.

I dont want to get caught out trying to provide a document I wasnt expecting to be asked for.

So as it stands, once my skills assessment comes back from my professional body I can do the application and pay the fee, then I will be contacted for the other information and documents that require uploading at a later date.
Basically you don't need to have any document at hand when filling and submitting your application.

After submitting, you can create a password (or keep the password you created if you saved your application), and the system will provide you with a link where to upload your documents (the link is https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/visas/a...N&group=travel).

Then you have at least 28 days to upload skills assessment, IELTS, passport and so on.
However, these 28 days seem to be only a rough guideline, I applied 15/10/09 and am still able to upload docs.
Nevertheless I would make sure to upload all the important docs within the 28 days timeframe.
Old Dec 17th 2009, 5:16 am

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Matrisha
Basically you don't need to have any document at hand when filling and submitting your application.
This is a tad misleading. Your skills assessment and IELTS results (if you are not a holder of UK/Ireland/US or NZ passport) have got to be dated prior to the date of the application, which means you have to have them at hand. Otherwise you can end up waiting for a year or so only to hear that your application is invalid.
Old Dec 17th 2009, 5:29 am
Forum Regular

Matrisha is a jewel in the roughMatrisha is a jewel in the roughMatrisha is a jewel in the roughMatrisha is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by newjersey
This is a tad misleading. Your skills assessment and IELTS results (if you are not a holder of UK/Ireland/US or NZ passport) have got to be dated prior to the date of the application, which means you have to have them at hand. Otherwise you can end up waiting for a year or so only to hear that your application is invalid.
Yes, sorry, actually I wanted to add (but forgot it ) that you still have to make sure that skills assessment and IELTS have of course to be valid at the time you're submitting the application.
With documents in this context I meant the scanned version somewhere on your hard disk or USB stick or somewehre else.
Old Dec 17th 2009, 5:30 am
Forum Regular

ThKmOZ has a spectacular aura aboutThKmOZ has a spectacular aura aboutThKmOZ has a spectacular aura about

Yes, you need skill assessment and IELTS before you lodge application.
Old Dec 17th 2009, 7:07 am
BE Enthusiast

jovipk is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by newjersey
This is a very important to remeber more specifically with IELTS, one of my friend has put the online application first and later submitted the IELTS, now he has to withdraw his application and ofcourse he could lose his fees(its upto the CO discretion to refund it or not) otherwise his application would be Rejected straight forward, what a blunder he did

So to new applicants be aware of this fact as DIAC is very rigid in their rules & regulations and would not accept any excuse.
Old Dec 17th 2009, 7:09 am
BE Enthusiast

jovipk is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ThKmOZ
Yes, you need skill assessment and IELTS before you lodge application.
Hi ThKmOZ,

U are very lucky that u get the CO within 3 months despite of HR country, by the way where do u belong from?

All the best!
Old Dec 17th 2009, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by jovipk
Hi ThKmOZ,

U are very lucky that u get the CO within 3 months despite of HR country, by the way where do u belong from?

All the best!
please do not hijack the thread.
Old Dec 17th 2009, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by Matrisha
Yes, sorry, actually I wanted to add (but forgot it ) that you still have to make sure that skills assessment and IELTS have of course to be valid at the time you're submitting the application.
With documents in this context I meant the scanned version somewhere on your hard disk or USB stick or somewehre else.
I myself forgot one very important item - one other thing that you need to have is 12 out of recent 24 months work experience as at application date, that being in an occupation on the SOL (any of, except if you also want to claim "specific work experience" points, in which case it must be 3 out of 4 years in the occupation you nominate), paid for, and you have to have been working no less than 20 hours per week. So the evidence would be an employer reference covering a said period of time, demonstrating what you did to match the occupation code and evidence of pay (payslips, bank statement linking you and your money to an employer, tax statements, etc.)
Old Dec 17th 2009, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you all

You have confirmed what I wanted to know.

My job is on CSL, and ive been qualified and working continuously for 13 years. I dont think I will have any trouble getting all the documents I need its only a possible wait of 6 months to get my skills results back thats stopping me applying now.

Worst case scenario is waiting untill next summer before I can apply

At least I have time to save my pennies.