175 online help needed - Family members?

Old Jan 31st 2009, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

Luke Brown has a brilliant futureLuke Brown has a brilliant futureLuke Brown has a brilliant futureLuke Brown has a brilliant futureLuke Brown has a brilliant futureLuke Brown has a brilliant future
Default 175 online help needed - Family members?

Ok here's the situation, not sure what I should enter on the form....

My mother left my father when I was quite young and remarried a few years later. For 5 years I lived with my mother, her new husband and his son.

My mother then passed away and since then (due to moving away from home and other not such nice reasons) I've not really seen or spoken to either my mothers second husband or his son. So that's over 10 years now!

Are they still my step family, or does my mothers death break that link? Do I need to put their details on the form? I don't really want to as I don't consider them family, and I also have no idea of his date of birth.

Also for a deceased person is the marital status their status at the time of death, ie married? Will they wonder who she was married to?

So far all I have entered is the details of my true father and my deceased mother.
Old Jan 31st 2009, 10:56 pm
Forum Regular

Luke Brown has a brilliant futureLuke Brown has a brilliant futureLuke Brown has a brilliant futureLuke Brown has a brilliant futureLuke Brown has a brilliant futureLuke Brown has a brilliant future
Default Re: 175 online help needed - Family members?

Anybody?

Thinking at the moment I should just stick him on the form and guess what year he was born in?
Old Feb 1st 2009, 6:40 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Luke Brown
Ok here's the situation, not sure what I should enter on the form....

My mother left my father when I was quite young and remarried a few years later. For 5 years I lived with my mother, her new husband and his son.

My mother then passed away and since then (due to moving away from home and other not such nice reasons) I've not really seen or spoken to either my mothers second husband or his son. So that's over 10 years now!

Are they still my step family, or does my mothers death break that link? Do I need to put their details on the form? I don't really want to as I don't consider them family, and I also have no idea of his date of birth.
Yes, still your step family. If you don't know his birthdate you can either put an approximation or "unknown".
Also for a deceased person is the marital status their status at the time of death, ie married? Will they wonder who she was married to?
Yes, your mother's marital status is "married". At the time of her death she was married, so that's the one.
So far all I have entered is the details of my true father and my deceased mother.
Answers in red.
Old Feb 1st 2009, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

Many thanks.

I know the date of his birthday just not the year he was born, but can probably guess it +/- 5 years.
Old Feb 1st 2009, 10:25 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks.

I know the date of his birthday just not the year he was born, but can probably guess it +/- 5 years.
That should be ok.
Old Feb 1st 2009, 4:50 pm
Forum Regular

yakka and Deb is an unknown quantity at this point

Many thanks.

I would emphasise the estimated date otherwise it may be deemed a false declaration...... Good luck
Old Feb 1st 2009, 5:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Luke

Under migration law the step-link is broken in that you are no longer the Step-child of your mother's second husband. This being the case he would no longer be your step-father and any of his children would no longer be considered your step siblings.

This is no big deal in a 175 application - whether you put them down or not but has big implications for remaining relative visas and parent visas.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
Old Feb 1st 2009, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Tony - I guessed it wouldn't make too much difference either way for a 175 so put them down anyway. I thought rather give too much rather than not enough!