Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

175 online application question,Passport photo scan or no???

175 online application question,Passport photo scan or no???

Old Sep 18th 2008, 9:48 am
Account Closed

LeeLee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 175 online application question,Passport photo scan or no???

Bet people are sick of all these questions by now...Memewest where are you??

On the check list it asks for a passport photo...if i was sending all the info by post i would obviously just pop one in but as i'm doing it online, do i just scan a little photo in with the rest of the evidence? Obviously i've already scanned the bio page of my passport but it asks for a seperate photo just to clarify.

Lee
Old Sep 18th 2008, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

CharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant future
Default Re: 175 online application question,Passport photo scan or no???

Hi Lee

Yup, just put your iddy biddy passport photo on you huge big scanner and press go (trying to keep it straight).
Or do what OH & I did and just take one with your digi camera and resize it using Microsoft Photo Editor (much easier, cheaper and more fun).

They want it as a separate file. On the passport page when you look at the scanned version, it has the plastic cover / watermark thing all over it so I guess they just want a clean version.

Good Luck
Charlene
Old Sep 18th 2008, 11:36 am
Account Closed

LeeLee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CharleneG
Hi Lee

Yup, just put your iddy biddy passport photo on you huge big scanner and press go (trying to keep it straight).
Or do what OH & I did and just take one with your digi camera and resize it using Microsoft Photo Editor (much easier, cheaper and more fun).

They want it as a separate file. On the passport page when you look at the scanned version, it has the plastic cover / watermark thing all over it so I guess they just want a clean version.

Good Luck
Charlene
Many thanks charleneG!!
Old Sep 18th 2008, 1:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: A Small Village in Somerset.......out in the sticks
memewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of light

Doesn't there have to be 2 passport sized photo's sent??

We stuck them to a piece of plain paper and scanned them, 2 persons to each page. (4 of us) but am sure we did 2 pic's of each...

you may just want to check...
Old Sep 18th 2008, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

CharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant future

Meme

I'm just looking at the paperwork now and there's no mention of sending 2 with an online application, I assume they will just attach copies of the same photo to anything they need it for.

Charlene
Old Sep 18th 2008, 1:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

xzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by memewest
Doesn't there have to be 2 passport sized photo's sent??

We stuck them to a piece of plain paper and scanned them, 2 persons to each page. (4 of us) but am sure we did 2 pic's of each...

you may just want to check...
That's what I did. It did say 2 photo's when I applied all that time back in May, but *may* have changed now?!
Old Sep 18th 2008, 1:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

we were told to have 2, so i scanned one (only had one!) saved as passportphoto1 and attached it and then changed the name of the file to passportphoto2 and attached that as well. exactly the same photo and file but two names!
seems to have worked it says MET on our status
Old Sep 18th 2008, 1:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: A Small Village in Somerset.......out in the sticks
memewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of light

I thought it did xzibit....

So have been onto the IMMI website and it gives conflicting information....

Checking my status at the moment, when you click on the message next to the photo requirement it does say 'one photo'.

Yet if you check on the website under the document checklist for a 175 application it states that you need 2.

Seeing as when you get them done you have 4 anyway, doesn't it make sense to send them 2 on the safe side??