British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   175 online application - form 80? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/175-online-application-form-80-a-559321/)

jollyswagman Sep 3rd 2008 10:09 pm

175 online application - form 80?

Hi, i have submitted 175 online application and keep seeing threads about form 80, i cannot see anywhere on my checklist that mentioned needing this form, can anyone tell me if i need to submit it or not? A lot of the questions look like they were included in the online application?
Advice gratefully received!

fairwayskid Sep 3rd 2008 10:12 pm

Re: 175 online application - form 80?

Hey Jolly

Give it a miss for now. We did not have to fill it in and i have heard of a lot more that did not have to fill it in. If they want it filled in they will let you know later on.

Paddy

karensoutherden Sep 3rd 2008 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by fairwayskid (Post 6746042)
Hey Jolly

Give it a miss for now. We did not have to fill it in and i have heard of a lot more that did not have to fill it in. If they want it filled in they will let you know later on.

Paddy

i agree we did fill it in (well kind of)but was never asked for it so didn't submit
GOOD LUCK :thumbsup:
Karen

jollyswagman Sep 4th 2008 9:24 pm

Thank you for that, it has never been added to my checklist and i have had enough of form filling and information gathering to last me a lifetime! I am on with medicals and obtaining chest xray film from over 18years ago... (another £50) and sorting police checks, when will it end??:)

fairwayskid Sep 4th 2008 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by jollyswagman (Post 6749829)
Thank you for that, it has never been added to my checklist and i have had enough of form filling and information gathering to last me a lifetime! I am on with medicals and obtaining chest xray film from over 18years ago... (another £50) and sorting police checks, when will it end??:)

Know the feeling i burned my printer out:eek: printing out all the forms.
But remember it will be worth the hassle at the end:thumbsup:

Then the real fun begins;)

Paddy

jollyswagman Sep 4th 2008 9:37 pm

I remember when we started the vetassess applicaion and being envious of those who had submitted their application, i thought once it was in i could sit back and relax, in reality i keep checking status every day and it was only submitted 30/08/08 and i keep thinking of reasons why we may not get the visa.
All in all i can now see why the waiting is so horrible, you feel you need to be getting rid of things and de cluttering and part of you thinks what if i get rid of all this stuff and we don't get the visa!!
I am glad that we are all in the same boat as that makes it not so bad!!:);)

noofie Sep 4th 2008 10:05 pm

We didn't fill out the forms - applied online for our 175 visa back in February.

Have got a case officer this week and guessed what she requested - yep bloody Form 80:curse:

It's a flipping nightmare to fill out - even wants all places visited in the last 10years outside of Australia listed!!!!

I would hang on and see if they need it - of course if they do it delays things!!

Jackie
x

tristar Sep 5th 2008 5:39 am

by the way, how long did you get File number (FN) after online submission? Thank you very much.

jollyswagman Sep 5th 2008 9:37 pm

I guess i had better fill out form 80 then as we too are 175 applicants so iguess if you need them so will we!! Had a quick look at the form and i am cringing!! Just finished police and med forms so was thinking i could chill, could feel the tension leaving me!:rofl:
Thnaks for letting me know will get it sorted!!