175 & not on CSL

Old Jun 11th 2009, 3:53 pm
Just stretching my clacks

Gillyboots is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 175 & not on CSL

Any ideas what the situation is when it was the CO who requested you get your medicals and Police Checks done? Surely that's different to mines (I front loaded - stupid I know). I mean, it's no fault of your own that the medicals or PCCs MAY expire before your visa is granted
Old Jun 11th 2009, 4:38 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by concretebob
One of my Ex-house mates had applied for a non-CSL 175 late last year, and like myself he had been on a 457 for over 3 years. Once the rules changed he was in the shit because his 457 was due to run out in around September, he wrote a few emails and just got the standard response of Tough Luck. Anyway he was going go ENS as a backup plan and then someone phoned him up asking a few questions about the 175 application then about a week later he got an email from a CO asking for PCC , X-rays and details of travel plans. He went of to USA for 3 weeks and got granted 175 about a month ago. I think his girlfriends father knew someone and they must have pulled his file. Jammy ******.
I know who ur talking about tee hee
Old Jun 11th 2009, 4:41 pm

Perthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Gillyboots
Any ideas what the situation is when it was the CO who requested you get your medicals and Police Checks done? Surely that's different to mines (I front loaded - stupid I know). I mean, it's no fault of your own that the medicals or PCCs MAY expire before your visa is granted
Hi Gillyboots

Yep - this happened to us - and they dont give a jot!

We were requested to get's meds and pcc's, all our document's were showing as "met" ... we'd sold our house and OH had given 3 months notice at work - then KABLAMO!! The day our last medical cleared the Minister announced that no more 175's would be processed at least for this financial year - it was a real kick in the guts I can tell you, and there are quite a few people that are still in this nightmare which I really feel for.

Anyway - we have been really lucky, (I thank my lucky stars every single day) we immediately applied for WA SSV, got accepted quickly and our visa was granted 3 days later. We have been on the visa rollercoaster for 18months, so we'd had a long wait, hang in there - it's worth all the blood sweat and tears.

Never ever give up on the dream.

Good luck with everything (everyone)

Perthfect
X

I guess that makes me a jammy c*** too !
Old Jun 16th 2009, 8:37 am

I got a my reply from DIAC this morning, and am posting it here, as promised. And as expected, they've given no information and simply refered me back to the weekly processing updates (which still don't give non-CSL'ers a timeframe, that was the point of the email! Grrrrrr ). So no new information guys, sorry.

Dear #######,

Thank you for your e-mail in relation to your visa application under Australia’s General Skilled Migration programme.

Your application is still awaiting allocation to a case officer. As previously advised, from 1 January 2009, the new Ministerial Direction gives priority processing to applications strictly in the following order:

1. employer sponsorship; then
2. State or Territory Sponsorship; then
3. an occupation on the Critical Skill List (CSL); then
4. Business Skills; then
5. an occupation on the MODL; and then
6. All other applications

Unfortunately, I am unable to provide you with a definitive timeframe for allocation of your application. However, you can be assured that the Department of Immigration and Citizenship staff will do all they can to ensure that your application is processed as quickly as possible. For information on current allocation dates of applications, please send a blank email to:[email protected] You will receive the information by auto reply. We update this information weekly. For any further enquiries about the application you have lodged please refer to our website using the following link http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/visa...fessionals.htm

Yours sincerely,
####
Department of Immigration and Citizenship
Old Jun 16th 2009, 8:47 am
Forum Regular

sooperlids is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the update Gilly. They are most helpful folks at the DIAC.

We are now going to attempt to get State Sponsorship & change to a 176. Need to think of some reasons why I want to move to a State I have only visited for 3 days. Going to try WA out of a choice between there SA & NT.

On the plus side our Agent isn't going to charge en extra.
Old Jun 16th 2009, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by sooperlids
Thanks for the update Gilly. They are most helpful folks at the DIAC.

We are now going to attempt to get State Sponsorship & change to a 176. Need to think of some reasons why I want to move to a State I have only visited for 3 days. Going to try WA out of a choice between there SA & NT.

On the plus side our Agent isn't going to charge en extra.
No worries Sooper, i'll keep everything crossed for you Keep us updated.

Unfortunately SS isn't an option for us, the only state list our occupations are on is ACT, and it has to be VIC for us. So, I chanced my luck and applied for a VIC off-list place, but was refused. My occupation was removed from the VIC list only a matter of days before I checked to see if SS was an option for us So, i'm stuck in the waiting room...

Good luck to everyone else
Old Jun 16th 2009, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

sooperlids is on a distinguished road

Thanks Gilly, WA wouldn't have been our 1st choice. In fact it would have been behind QLD, NWS & VIC. Have good friends in all those places but none in Western Australia. Lets hope after July they start on some of the non CSL 175's.