175 changed to 176?

Old Aug 5th 2010, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

Pinny is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up 175 changed to 176?

Hi
I wonder if anyone can help me.

I applied for 175 visa in Nov 2008.

I received state sponsorship in March this year.

Does this mean that i will be looked at as a March 2010 176 applicant or a Nov 2008 175 applicant?

Or does it just mean that they will look at my application as a 176 Nov 2008 applicant?

Thanks
Pinny
Old Aug 6th 2010, 3:53 am
Forum Regular

seban123 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 175 changed to 176?

Depends on whether you accepted the 176. Raise a PLE to clarify further.

Originally Posted by Pinny
Hi
I wonder if anyone can help me.

I applied for 175 visa in Nov 2008.

I received state sponsorship in March this year.

Does this mean that i will be looked at as a March 2010 176 applicant or a Nov 2008 175 applicant?

Or does it just mean that they will look at my application as a 176 Nov 2008 applicant?

Thanks
Pinny
Old Aug 6th 2010, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

Pinny is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by seban123
Depends on whether you accepted the 176. Raise a PLE to clarify further.
Hi

We accepted the 176 & what's a PLE?

Cheers
Pinny
Old Aug 7th 2010, 10:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

wookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nice

Hi

Cheers
Pinny
/i found out today, there are ment to be new rules which coming in place, which will prevent people converting from 175 - 176.

in furture this could only be down by relodging the application
Old Aug 8th 2010, 3:09 am
RMA; Aussie Career Coach

Susan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud of

Hi

Cheers
Pinny
Hi Pinny

Seban was referring to a "Post Lodgement Enquiry" form:
http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/forms/gsm/post.htm

It's the generic form DIAC asks that visa applicants use to submit any questions they have after they've lodged a General Skilled Migration visa application.

Best regards
Susan
Old Aug 8th 2010, 4:15 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wookiee06
/i found out today, there are ment to be new rules which coming in place, which will prevent people converting from 175 - 176.

in furture this could only be down by relodging the application
Could you please post the source of this info as it is going to cause concern to a lot of people reading it.

Thanks
Old Aug 8th 2010, 4:25 am
RMA; Aussie Career Coach

Susan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Could you please post the source of this info as it is going to cause concern to a lot of people reading it.

Thanks
Hi Pollyanna

Wookieee might have been referring to the information DIAC published re the 14 July changes. Links to both documents are at the end of this post.

"Applicants with a nominated occupation that is not on the SOL – Schedule 3 in effect at 1 July 2010 can only move into a higher priority group by lodging a new application with an employer sponsorship or a state or territory government nomination in an occupation specified under a state migration plan. Alternatively, applicants can only nominate a different occupation that is on the SOL – Schedule 3 by lodging a new application.

It is not possible to change a nominated occupation or to change to an employer sponsored or state nominated visa category, unless a new application is lodged. A new application would require the payment of a new Visa Application Charge."

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...-july-2010.pdf
http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...ssing-faqs.pdf

Best regards
Susan

Last edited by Susan Wareham McGrath; Aug 8th 2010 at 4:28 am.
Old Aug 8th 2010, 4:46 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Susan Wareham McGrath
Hi Pollyanna

Wookieee might have been referring to the information DIAC published re the 14 July changes. Links to both documents are at the end of this post.

"Applicants with a nominated occupation that is not on the SOL – Schedule 3 in effect at 1 July 2010 can only move into a higher priority group by lodging a new application with an employer sponsorship or a state or territory government nomination in an occupation specified under a state migration plan. Alternatively, applicants can only nominate a different occupation that is on the SOL – Schedule 3 by lodging a new application.

It is not possible to change a nominated occupation or to change to an employer sponsored or state nominated visa category, unless a new application is lodged. A new application would require the payment of a new Visa Application Charge."

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...-july-2010.pdf
http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...ssing-faqs.pdf

Best regards
Susan
Thanks Susan - stops people panicking and searching for the info

(and pm-ing me when I don't know either!)