175 or 176 - Advice Needed

Old Nov 2nd 2010, 5:14 am
Forum Regular

oz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really nice
Default 175 or 176 - Advice Needed

Hi Friends,

I am all set to lodge a visa application. I have been granted sponsoship with VIC, but I qualify for 125 points even without it. I am now confused, since I know that the processing time (due to priority) is the advantage that I have with a 176 visa. But with a 175, I have the option of settling anywhere I want once my visa is approved.

Could you guys please tell me on what your opinions are? Is it better to go with a 175 or should I go with 176. Please advice.
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

RAVIIVAR is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 175 or 176 - Advice Needed

Originally Posted by oz_dreamz09
Hi Friends,

I am all set to lodge a visa application. I have been granted sponsoship with VIC, but I qualify for 125 points even without it. I am now confused, since I know that the processing time (due to priority) is the advantage that I have with a 176 visa. But with a 175, I have the option of settling anywhere I want once my visa is approved.

Could you guys please tell me on what your opinions are? Is it better to go with a 175 or should I go with 176. Please advice.
It really depend upon your plans . If you want to go asap please select 176 otherwise go for 175 as it is still better option as no control over by any state, you are free.
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 10:30 am
Just Joined

TroyLuca is an unknown quantity at this point

Its like RAVIIVAR said - you could be in Victoria in 6 months, and have to work there for two years, or you could go the 175 route and wait potentially 2 years to get your visa. (Times are speculative).

Congrats on getting your state sponsorship - how long did it take?
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

oz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really nice

I applied in May, before the suspension of applications, got it on Nov 1

Thanks for the input, I might take the sponsorship and go for a 176 :-)
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 11:25 am
BE Enthusiast

peaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nice
Cool Re: 175 or 176 - Advice Needed

SIMPLE..

it all depends on you my friend.. if you just want to get in to AUZ ASAP.. then take the 176 route..else take the 175 route..

either way you have pros & cons.

with 176 you get the VISA fast but you are bound to a state for two years.
with 175 you get the VISA slow but you are not bound to any state...

hope this clears your doubts..

cheers.
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 12:16 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Friend, I dont think Vic or Melbourne would be that bad that I cant stay there for even 2 years :-).. My intention is to move to MEL anyway