hi

ASCO CODE : 2231-79 C,C++
ACS RECEIVED : MAY 2008
175 FILED : JUNE 2008
CO APPNTD : MARCH 2009
MEDICALS DONE ON: APRIL 2009
YEARS OF EXP : 5
IELTS :6, 6, 6, 8 OVERALL 6.5

I HAVE NOT RECEIVED ANY INFORMATION FROM CO AND FROM MY AGENT. RECENTLY I HAVE CHANGED MY REGISTERED MARA AGENT.

MY NEW AGENT SAYING THAT MY CASE WILL BE FINALISED IN MID OF 2010 SO HE IS ASKING TO CHANGE TO 176 SO THAT I MAY GET IT WITHIN 2 MONTHS.

I SAID TO CHANGE TO 176 AND WISH TO MIGRATE TO NSW AS MY FRIEND IS THERE. NOW MY NEW AGENT IS PROCESSING MY CASE

MY QUESTION IS

1) WHETHER 175 WILL BE PROCESSED PARALLEL TO 176 OR 175 WILL
BE DISCONTINUED?

2) 176 WILL CLASH 175?

2) IF I GET 175 FIRST IS IT POSSIBLE TO CANCEL 176

3) ALREADY CO, MEDICALS HAS BEEN FINALISED. FOR 176
WHETHER NEW CO WILL BE APPOINTED?

IM CONCERNED ABOUT THE TIME FRAME. I DONT KNOW WHETHER IM GNG IN THE RIGHT WAY?

EXPERT GUYS EXPECTING A GOOD REPLY

THANKS IN ADVANCE

regards
vijay
Old Sep 9th 2009, 11:59 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 175 or 176?

Originally Posted by vijay_tk
hi

I HAVE NOT RECEIVED ANY INFORMATION FROM CO AND FROM MY AGENT. RECENTLY I HAVE CHANGED MY REGISTERED MARA AGENT.

MY NEW AGENT SAYING THAT MY CASE WILL BE FINALISED IN MID OF 2010 SO HE IS ASKING TO CHANGE TO 176 SO THAT I MAY GET IT WITHIN 2 MONTHS.

I SAID TO CHANGE TO 176 AND WISH TO MIGRATE TO NSW AS MY FRIEND IS THERE. NOW MY NEW AGENT IS PROCESSING MY CASE

MY QUESTION IS

BE DISCONTINUED?

2) 176 WILL CLASH 175?

THANKS IN ADVANCE

regards
vijay
These are questions you should be asking your agent. You are paying a fee for his/her advice, so I would think the agent would know.

Anyway, to answer your questions, the 176 application will override the 175. So, your 175 will be changed to 176. However, in order for you to be granted NSW state sponsorship you require an IELTS of at least 7 in each band. You have not achieved that, so your state sponsorship application wil not be approved and your 175 will carry on. Surely your agent would have told you that?
Old Sep 10th 2009, 1:55 am
BE Enthusiast

eurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to all
Default Re: 175 or 176?

Originally Posted by vijay_tk
hi

MY QUESTION IS

BE DISCONTINUED?

2) 176 WILL CLASH 175?

THANKS IN ADVANCE

regards
vijay
Hi Vijay,

First of all.. all caps looks like shouting a message, and that is not necessary in forums at all.

From the fact that you got a CO appointed in March 2009, and that your application got processed this year, I tend to believe that you have a MODL assessment for C,C++, and therefore are on the CSL.

CSL applications are still being processed, but indeed slower than state sponsorships. You have a CO, your meds are finalized, it seems to me that your application is in its final stage and decision may come sooner than expected.

As Dorothy said, to get NSW state sponsorship you need at least a score of 7 for each band. Also, NSW does not sponsor 2231-79 (C,C++) but the occupation 2231-15 (C,C++) according to their selection criteria. If they are unwilling to sponsor you for 2231-79, you need to obtain a new skills assessment and lodge a new application as:
  • You cannot change the ASCO code on an application unless you made a mistake at time of lodging (meaning you have a difference between the ACS assigned ASCO code on the assessment letter and the nominated code on your application at time of lodgement)
  • you cannot attach a sponsorship with a different ASCO code than you nominated to your application.

If they are willing to sponsor you for your current ASCO-code, there there are no changes to the visa application itself. It is possible to attach a state sponsorship to a 175 application, which results of it being handled as a 176 application (note: there have been cases reported where still a 175 visa was issued). There are no DIAC fees for this. There is no case of 'parallel processing' as it is the same (main) visa class, and only one visa will be issued.

And indeed, as Dorothy said, your agent should fill you in on the exact details. Above information is given to the best of my knowledge, but I am not a migration agent.

Cheers,
Sylvia