163 visa once sponsorship granted

Old Jun 18th 2006, 12:15 pm
Just Joined

lesleyf has a brilliant futurelesleyf has a brilliant futurelesleyf has a brilliant futurelesleyf has a brilliant futurelesleyf has a brilliant futurelesleyf has a brilliant future
Default 163 visa once sponsorship granted

Hi can any one tell me how long it took for the 163 visa once lodged with an oz agent and state sponsorship granted , to come through and any info on police and medicals? Are they busy at the moment or is it quite straight forward once sponsorship granted.This is for Western Australia thanks
Old Jun 18th 2006, 12:21 pm

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 163 visa once sponsorship granted

Originally Posted by lesleyf
Hi can any one tell me how long it took for the 163 visa once lodged with an oz agent and state sponsorship granted , to come through and any info on police and medicals? Are they busy at the moment or is it quite straight forward once sponsorship granted.This is for Western Australia thanks
Hi there,

It took us a month to get our state sponsorship and then a further six months to get the visa - this was WA. We front loaded our PCCs and meds, but this was par for the course with other families (one family got their visa granted in 41 days!!).

We used an Agent (based in Brisbane - hindsight is a wonderful thing!). There's a big thread on here about the 163 - have you seen it?

Good luck with the application. What business do you run now and what do you want to do once you get there?

Anything we can do to help - just holler!

Jules x
Old Jun 19th 2006, 7:39 am
Aussie Citizen

Location: Iz Tralia (as said by my 3-yr-old son)... and LOVING it..!!
Rogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to all
Default Re: 163 visa once sponsorship granted

Originally Posted by julesandco
one family got their visa granted in 41 days!!
G'day... we confess to being the 41-day family
We used the "the squeaky wheel gets the oil" approach.... they gave us the visa quickly so they could have some peace..!!

As Jules said, there's a HUGE thread on here about the 163 visa. Pick Jules's brains - she's a mine of information on all aspects of the move.

Good luck with it all.

Rogue & co