139 Visa questions

Old Aug 14th 2005, 6:43 pm
Just Joined

Alan and Loz is on a distinguished road
Default 139 Visa questions

If anyone can advise, or has been through the same......

1) I am applying for a 139 visa with my de-facto partner, should I include her children aged 16 & 13 as my dependants even though they are not emigrating with us? We are just about to get married - will this affect the paperwork regarding the children?

2) Do we need to submit the children's passport and birth certificates?

3) How do I best prove my relationship with my first cousin (who is the sponsor)? Do I need birth certificates; marriage/divorce papers?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old Aug 14th 2005, 8:05 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 139 Visa questions

Originally Posted by Alan and Loz

1) I am applying for a 139 visa with my de-facto partner, should I include her children aged 16 & 13 as my dependants even though they are not emigrating with us? We are just about to get married - will this affect the paperwork regarding the children?

3) How do I best prove my relationship with my first cousin (who is the sponsor)? Do I need birth certificates; marriage/divorce papers?

1. They are not included as applicants, however they need to be declared and do medicals (and the older one will probably need a police check).

Even if they are not migrating.

Unless you can persuade DIMIA this is 'unreasonable'. That will depend on circumstances, eg if you have no custody/access rights and can prove this.

2. Birth certs - yes, again unless there is a good reason why they are not available. Passports, probably not as they're not visa applicants.

3. Correct. And you'll need a lot of certificates to establish the 'chain' to a first cousin.

Don't waste time sorting out your application as the 139 visa may be closed to new applicants as early as November.

Jeremy
Old Aug 14th 2005, 8:08 pm
Forum Regular

jackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nice
Smile Re: 139 Visa questions

Originally Posted by Alan and Loz

Hi,
can't help you to much..but i am pretty sure you need to show how you are related..e.g your birth certificate and cousins and parents that are related..e.g if your cousins becauce your mum's are sisters you need there birth certificate...hope this is of some help..
Old Aug 14th 2005, 9:00 pm
Adelaide Bound

Seacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of light

Don't waste time sorting out your application as the 139 visa may be closed to new applicants as early as November.

Jeremy[/QUOTE]

I have to say I am very concerned after reading previous threads that the closure of the 139 may begin in November and not mid 2006 as previously announced. It would seem very unfair to those who are awaiting the return of TRA's and other results. Also those who are just beginning their 139 visa process and are now even more stressed trying to beat the ticking clock. I hope it remains to expire 2006, but I'm not holding my breath!

Unfair!
Old Aug 15th 2005, 1:48 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Seacaptain
I have to say I am very concerned after reading previous threads that the closure of the 139 may begin in November and not mid 2006 as previously announced. It would seem very unfair to those who are awaiting the return of TRA's and other results. Also those who are just beginning their 139 visa process and are now even more stressed trying to beat the ticking clock. I hope it remains to expire 2006, but I'm not holding my breath!

Unfair!
It is just a rumour at this stage, but there's no reason it couldn't happen.

Isn't it better to be prepared for that even if you hope it won't change until 2006?

Also, if you are getting a TRA assessment won't you have enough points for the 138 visa anyway (unless it's one of the few 40 point TRA occupations)? Unless there's some other reason why 138 won't work, such as if your sponsor is a cousin.

Jeremy