! 139 visa confusion please help me !!

Old Jul 2nd 2004, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

macintyre is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ! 139 visa confusion please help me !!

Hi every one,

These new changes have confused me slightly, we are applying for the sub class 139 visa and i think i'm right in understanding that my assurer will have to compete a different form as of the 1st july, my assurer has emailed me today and says that there may be a possibility that although i already have my sponsor form 40 completed and waiting to be sent that i may need to have a new form 40 filled out.........is this right?????
If it is I need to go through all the hassle like many of you, sending it back to oz and waiting for it to be filled out again, what a chore, snail mail is a pain in the a**e.

Please help clarify this for me so that i can do what's needed and quick before they decide to change it again

Thnx in advance
nina
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 1:59 am
Forum Regular

flowerkris is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ! 139 visa confusion please help me !!

I checked the following link and found Required Assurance of Support Form 28 is not available on DIMIA site. I do not know why. May be removed for any changes to add.

http://www.immi.gov.au/forms_booklets/index.htm

Since your relations are in Australia, ask them to get a form 28, form DIMIA's regional office and fill it for you. My brother did it for me. They also can ask from DIMIA office about any changes.

Regards,
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 2:27 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Form 28 is no longer applicable for Assurances of Support, as AoSs are now overseen by Centrelink.

Have a read here:
http://www.gomatilda.com/news/article.cfm?articleid=310

Best regards.

Originally posted by flowerkris
I checked the following link and found Required Assurance of Support Form 28 is not available on DIMIA site. I do not know why. May be removed for any changes to add.

http://www.immi.gov.au/forms_booklets/index.htm

Since your relations are in Australia, ask them to get a form 28, form DIMIA's regional office and fill it for you. My brother did it for me. They also can ask from DIMIA office about any changes.

Regards,
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Alan Collett
Form 28 is no longer applicable for Assurances of Support, as AoSs are now overseen by Centrelink.

Have a read here:
http://www.gomatilda.com/news/article.cfm?articleid=310

Best regards.

Thnx for that, the other question was, do you know if i need to get my sponsor to fill out another form? he has already completed a form 40 but i wasnt sure if he needed to do another one. My sponsor and assurer are 2 different people.

thanx again
nina
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 12:44 pm
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold

Nina,

As far as i know, the sponsor form is still the same form as on the DIMIA wesite which is the one you have completed.

Its just the other form for your assuor which will shortly be available through centerlink.

Originally posted by macintyre
Thnx for that, the other question was, do you know if i need to get my sponsor to fill out another form? he has already completed a form 40 but i wasnt sure if he needed to do another one. My sponsor and assurer are 2 different people.

thanx again
nina
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 3:26 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

There has been an essential change to form 40 on 1 July:
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/forms_changes.htm

Using a superseded version of a form is a grey area and may cause delays - so I'd get the new form completed as soon as possible. It shouldn't take long to transcribe the information (and add whatever extra is required).

If a deadline like 45th birthday is coming up - then get some professional advice straight away, and remember that DIMIA are not flexible on deadlines like this.

Forms often change on 1 March, 1 July and 1 November each year, and this regularly catches out people who prepare forms only to have DIMIA introduce a new form. This is something that applicants need to anticipate.

Jeremy

Originally posted by macintyre
Hi every one,

These new changes have confused me slightly, we are applying for the sub class 139 visa and i think i'm right in understanding that my assurer will have to compete a different form as of the 1st july, my assurer has emailed me today and says that there may be a possibility that although i already have my sponsor form 40 completed and waiting to be sent that i may need to have a new form 40 filled out.........is this right?????
If it is I need to go through all the hassle like many of you, sending it back to oz and waiting for it to be filled out again, what a chore, snail mail is a pain in the a**e.

Please help clarify this for me so that i can do what's needed and quick before they decide to change it again

Thnx in advance
nina
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by JAJ

Using a superseded version of a form is a grey area and may cause delays - so I'd get the new form completed as soon as possible. It shouldn't take long to transcribe the information (and add whatever extra is required).

If a deadline like 45th birthday is coming up - then get some professional advice straight away, and remember that DIMIA are not flexible on deadlines like this.

Forms often change on 1 March, 1 July and 1 November each year, and this regularly catches out people who prepare forms only to have DIMIA introduce a new form. This is something that applicants need to anticipate.

Jeremy
Thanks for your help, I will download the new version and get it sent to my uncle.
We have no deadline like the one you mentioned so that's not a problem, and thank goodness by the time 1st November comes we will have lodged all the application forms.
thanks again for you help
nina
Old Jul 4th 2004, 9:00 pm
Carramar Perth

Springo is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by JAJ

Jeremy
Jeremy can you advise please

We are awaiting TRA approval (hopefully by 7.8.04) We will then send visa application (139 Skilled Spons Des Area) to DIMIA. We are being sponsored and assured by my cousin in Victoria. I am 45 years old, Husbands skills are being assessed, he will be 45 on 21.08.04. Now you have me worried by the above. Have the rules changed. I have ran off the new Form 40 and will send it to my cousin in Victoria.

Please could you explain what you meant.

Many thanks

Julia
Old Jul 4th 2004, 9:09 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Springo
Jeremy can you advise please

We are awaiting TRA approval (hopefully by 7.8.04) We will then send visa application (139 Skilled Spons Des Area) to DIMIA. We are being sponsored and assured by my cousin in Victoria. I am 45 years old, Husbands skills are being assessed, he will be 45 on 21.08.04. Now you have me worried by the above. Have the rules changed. I have ran off the new Form 40 and will send it to my cousin in Victoria.

Please could you explain what you meant.

Many thanks

Julia
Hi Springo,

No worries, the visa is in fact easier to apply for now that you don't need to worry about the form 28. And although Jeremy is right that you should always use the current form if you can, in fact an application using whichever version of form 47SK or 40 is a valid application.

Cheers,

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au
Old Jul 4th 2004, 9:13 pm
Carramar Perth

Originally posted by George Lombard
Hi Springo,

No worries, the visa is in fact easier to apply for now that you don't need to worry about the form 28. And although Jeremy is right that you should always use the current form if you can, in fact an application using whichever version of form 47SK or 40 is a valid application.

Cheers,

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au

Thanks George for your reply

My main worry though was Jeremy highlighting the fact that if a 45th birthday is close we should seek professional advice because of DIMIA's deadlines, do you happen to know what he means.

Thanks

Julia
Old Jul 4th 2004, 10:15 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

It just means you've only one shot to get things right if 45th birthday is approaching.

As George says, use the current version of form 40 if you can't get a new one. You need time to get your application to Adelaide, so don't leave things until the deadline is right on top of you.

Jeremy

Originally posted by Springo
Thanks George for your reply

My main worry though was Jeremy highlighting the fact that if a 45th birthday is close we should seek professional advice because of DIMIA's deadlines, do you happen to know what he means.

Thanks

Julia
Old Jul 5th 2004, 7:53 am
Carramar Perth

Thanks Jeremy

I will do that

Julia