138 thread

Old Nov 30th 2007, 4:05 pm
Forum Regular

makido is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 138 thread

Originally Posted by brissydeb
Hi Makido

we got our full ack on the 31st of September and CO on the 22nd of November. Have heard that if you front load you might not get notification of full ack and CO and then you will just get news of your golden ticket!

Debbie
Hi Debbie,

I don't think I will get that great letter soon since I got married two weeks ago and we need to add my husband to the visa application. We decided that he would sit for the IELTS in January and we will probably have to wait another month or so before we get our CO.

Good luck to you and all the others! Thanks!
Old Dec 27th 2007, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

saraheagles is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Re: 138 thread

Hi Guy's,

Just a little venting!

We are still waiting for a C/O, we applied for a 138 visa back in May. We were acknowledged on the 5th of June and are still waiting.... is anybody else on the same timeline??

I hope something happens soon, our agent said we could expect to wait 4-6months from the time of acknowledgement to C/O.... it's been 4 months now....

Cheery,

Sarah
Old Dec 27th 2007, 4:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by saraheagles
Hi Guy's,

Just a little venting!

We are still waiting for a C/O, we applied for a 138 visa back in May. We were acknowledged on the 5th of June and are still waiting.... is anybody else on the same timeline??

I hope something happens soon, our agent said we could expect to wait 4-6months from the time of acknowledgement to C/O.... it's been 4 months now....

Cheery,

Sarah
Hi Sarah,

nice to hear from another 138er! I thought everyone has already got their visas, except me.
I applied back in June, got my acknow. email in September and have heard nothing since then. I am from a high-risk country, so I don't expect a CO before February, but I do hope for one soon.
I did my medicals in November, but have no idea whether they were received since my doctor had sent them via snail mail and got no receipt from LCU.
What about the others? Does anybody have any good news?

Cheers, makido
Old Dec 27th 2007, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by makido
Hi Sarah,

nice to hear from another 138er! I thought everyone has already got their visas, except me.
I applied back in June, got my acknow. email in September and have heard nothing since then. I am from a high-risk country, so I don't expect a CO before February, but I do hope for one soon.
I did my medicals in November, but have no idea whether they were received since my doctor had sent them via snail mail and got no receipt from LCU.
What about the others? Does anybody have any good news?

Cheers, makido
Hi Makido,

Sounds like were on a very similar timeline. Were not from a high risk country but our agent did say 4-6 months from acknowledgment.

We did our meds in November as well and have not heard if they have been processed yet.

Are you using an agent??

Hopefully will both hear something soon!!

Cheery,

Sarah
Old Dec 27th 2007, 5:58 pm
Forum Regular

Kipsters has a brilliant futureKipsters has a brilliant futureKipsters has a brilliant futureKipsters has a brilliant futureKipsters has a brilliant futureKipsters has a brilliant future

Hi Sarah
You'll probably get a CO when you least expect it.
I was thinking ours may come next year as we applied in June and then out of the blue we got a CO in November. Hadn't even thought of doing medicals etc and had given up on the idea of getting the kids into school for a jan 2008 start.
Only just got medicals sent off. I was never in a great hurry for before Jan anyway 'coz didn't want my brother in law to have to go to all the hassle of sponsorship.
But as I'm so disorganised he probably won't have to do that anyway now.
Now we don't know whether to rush off in Jan or leave it another year. Trouble is my oldest is in year 10 so if we leave it another year he will probably want to stay and sit his GCSE's - dilema !!
Hope you get a CO soon
Old Dec 28th 2007, 4:36 am
Forum Regular

Hi Sarah and all the others,

I don't have a CO. My husband and I did everything by ourselves.

The good thing is that we won't need the AOS anymore!

Good luck to all who are waiting,

makido
Old Dec 28th 2007, 4:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really nice

Hi Fellow 138ers.

I am a little behind you all in timings - I applied the 3rd week in Aug, just before the rules change, and got the funds taken three months later (end Nov). No ack letter as yet.

Appears there is no real consistency.

Nice to see this thread active again...
Old Dec 29th 2007, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Kipsters
Hi Sarah
You'll probably get a CO when you least expect it.
I was thinking ours may come next year as we applied in June and then out of the blue we got a CO in November. Hadn't even thought of doing medicals etc and had given up on the idea of getting the kids into school for a jan 2008 start.
Only just got medicals sent off. I was never in a great hurry for before Jan anyway 'coz didn't want my brother in law to have to go to all the hassle of sponsorship.
But as I'm so disorganised he probably won't have to do that anyway now.
Now we don't know whether to rush off in Jan or leave it another year. Trouble is my oldest is in year 10 so if we leave it another year he will probably want to stay and sit his GCSE's - dilema !!
Hope you get a CO soon
Hi,

I hope we get a c/o soon, then I can stop bitching about it!! And checking my email everyday like a crazy woman!!!

Cheery,

Sarah
Old Dec 29th 2007, 10:08 pm
Forum Regular

Sarah,

you're not the only one doing it , I 've been checking my emails hundred times a day since June!

:curse:
Old Dec 30th 2007, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

Smile Re: 138 thread

Sarah,

you're not the only one doing it , I 've been checking my emails hundred times a day since June!

:curse:
Hi Makido,

Have they stopped making people get AOS as per the September changes??? That would be great!! Hopefully speed things up, we want to be out there for May???? I hope were not being unrealistic!!

Cheery,

Sarah
Old Dec 30th 2007, 9:58 am
Forum Regular

Hi, yes, it is true! Read this: (http://www.immi.gov.au/media/fact-sheets/34aos.htm)

Note: From 1 September 2007 an Assurance of Support will no longer be required for Skilled visas.

However, the Assurance of Support requirements must be met for the Skilled visas listed below for applications made before 1 September 2007. Should an application made before 1 September not be decided by 1 January 2008, then the Assurance of Support will no longer be required:

* Skilled – Australian-sponsored
* Skilled – Designated Area-sponsored
* Skilled – Australian Sponsored Overseas Student
* Skilled – Designated Area-sponsored Overseas Student
* Skilled – Australian-sponsored New Zealand Citizen
* Skilled – Designated Area-sponsored New Zealand Citizen.
Old Dec 30th 2007, 5:20 pm
Forum Regular

Thumbs up Re: 138 thread

Hi, yes, it is true! Read this: (http://www.immi.gov.au/media/fact-sheets/34aos.htm)

Note: From 1 September 2007 an Assurance of Support will no longer be required for Skilled visas.

However, the Assurance of Support requirements must be met for the Skilled visas listed below for applications made before 1 September 2007. Should an application made before 1 September not be decided by 1 January 2008, then the Assurance of Support will no longer be required:

* Skilled – Australian-sponsored
* Skilled – Designated Area-sponsored
* Skilled – Australian Sponsored Overseas Student
* Skilled – Designated Area-sponsored Overseas Student
* Skilled – Australian-sponsored New Zealand Citizen
* Skilled – Designated Area-sponsored New Zealand Citizen.
Hi Makido,

That is really good news, we thought that might be the case!! So, maybe in the new year somebody will pick up our file!!!! Hopefully sooner rather than later!!

How long has your application taken?? Where are you planning to settle?? Where are you coming from?

Cheery,

Sarah
Old Dec 31st 2007, 6:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by saraheagles
Hi Makido,

That is really good news, we thought that might be the case!! So, maybe in the new year somebody will pick up our file!!!! Hopefully sooner rather than later!!

How long has your application taken?? Where are you planning to settle?? Where are you coming from?

Cheery,

Sarah
Hi, yes, I also think it is a great news! One "problem" less.
I live in Bosnia and Herzegovina, am teacher, 26, applied with my fiance (now my husband) in June 2007. I have heard nothing from DIAC since then (except the acknowledgement email). I did my medicals and we have been praying to get our case officer in January. We prepared the application without an agent. I have an uncle living in Melbourne so we are planning to settle there.

What about your case and plans? When did you lodge?

P.S. Happy New Year to you and other 138ers!
Old Jan 1st 2008, 2:41 am
BE Enthusiast

bruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to all
Smile Re: 138 thread

Just thought I would add to this having got through. My basic times are in my signature. As you can see we waited a long time for a CO but our visa was quick.
Times seem to vary to the extreme but in general 138's take longer specially if you are non modl like we were. We were from the UK. There are still 1 or 2 from August 2006 (from high risk) that are still waiting or have just got the visa.

Hang in there its worth it.
Happy new year.

Bruce
Old Jan 1st 2008, 3:40 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Bruce,

thanks for posting to the 138-thread, it's nice to see that there are successfull stories!

I suppose we are going to wait for another 2 to three months before we get our CO. Not happy about that, but what can we do?!

Cheers, makido

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.