137 visa app & questions

Old Jun 2nd 2007, 9:53 pm
Forum Regular

tayley is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 137 visa app & questions

Hi Everyone
I'm hoping someone out there can help - especially if youv'e already applied for a 137 state sponsorship visa, my questions are as follows:

On the documents check list you have to complete form 80 (personal particulars for character assessment), on pg 4 question 18 it asks you to list all addesses that you have lived in for the past 10 years, if you were in the forces and stationed in germany for some of this time do you then have to apply for the german police to do checks and if so how much is it and how long does it take?

Question 23 on the same page asks you to list all visits to countries outside oz for the past 10 years, does this mean every family holiday taken out side of UK?

thank you if you can help
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 6:50 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 137 visa app & questions

Originally Posted by tayley
Hi Everyone
I'm hoping someone out there can help - especially if youv'e already applied for a 137 state sponsorship visa, my questions are as follows:

On the documents check list you have to complete form 80 (personal particulars for character assessment), on pg 4 question 18 it asks you to list all addesses that you have lived in for the past 10 years, if you were in the forces and stationed in germany for some of this time do you then have to apply for the german police to do checks and if so how much is it and how long does it take?
Technically you might not need one if you were visiting forces. However, case officers probably won't understand this so get one if at all possible. If it's not in English then it will need to be translated.

You are also recommended to get a military police clearance as well as your standard police check for the UK. If you have been honorably discharged the papers may be enough for this - check with other ex-military.

Question 23 on the same page asks you to list all visits to countries outside oz for the past 10 years, does this mean every family holiday taken out side of UK?
It appears so.