136 Vs 137

Old Jan 3rd 2005, 3:41 pm
Forum Regular

caringgoofi has a spectacular aura aboutcaringgoofi has a spectacular aura aboutcaringgoofi has a spectacular aura about
Question 136 Vs 137

on the pure basis of time taken for approval of application, which one is better , skilled individual or STNI?
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 4:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

robert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud of
Default Re: 136 Vs 137

Originally Posted by caringgoofi
on the pure basis of time taken for approval of application, which one is better , skilled individual or STNI?

stni is supposed to be the quickest in time taken for approval of application
but you have to live and work in that state for 2 years
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 5:01 pm
Forum Regular

caringgoofi has a spectacular aura aboutcaringgoofi has a spectacular aura aboutcaringgoofi has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by robert cowan
stni is supposed to be the quickest in time taken for approval of application
but you have to live and work in that state for 2 years
Thanks a lot robert, any idea how many months it normaly takes ( Rough idea) after lodging an application for STNI?
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 5:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

robert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud of

Thanks a lot robert, any idea how many months it normaly takes ( Rough idea) after lodging an application for STNI?
this is my time line
17 october. 2003 had meeting with agent.
23 april 2004 got positive tra.
17 june 2004 accepted for stni victoria (plasterer in demand)
24 june 2004 application for visa lodged
23 sept 2004 got acknowledgment and file number
now waiting for meds & pcc to be requested

we were told this would take about 6 months from application for visa.

Last edited by robert cowan; Jan 3rd 2005 at 5:13 pm.
Old Jan 4th 2005, 12:49 am
Forum Regular

volt is an unknown quantity at this point

hello robert,

May I just ask you how to covert 136 to 137? What are the requirements needed to apply as a 137 (STNI Victoria).. I'm waiting for my 136 visa application from DIMIA. Any inputs would be appreciated..

Thanks,

volt

Originally Posted by robert cowan
this is my time line
17 october. 2003 had meeting with agent.
23 april 2004 got positive tra.
17 june 2004 accepted for stni victoria (plasterer in demand)
24 june 2004 application for visa lodged
23 sept 2004 got acknowledgment and file number
now waiting for meds & pcc to be requested

we were told this would take about 6 months from application for visa.
Old Jan 4th 2005, 5:22 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by volt
hello robert,

May I just ask you how to covert 136 to 137? What are the requirements needed to apply as a 137 (STNI Victoria).. I'm waiting for my 136 visa application from DIMIA. Any inputs would be appreciated..

Thanks,

volt
When you apply for 136 you also apply for 137 - or vice versa.
However you won't be granted a 137 without a state nomination (plus the other visa requirements) - have you got one or not?

Jeremy
Old Jan 4th 2005, 5:56 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Presently the time taken for 136 applications to be assessed by a DIMIA case officer is not likely to be significantly different to a 137. Usually there is a greater points buffer with a 137 visa application - although the downside is that you have an obligation to reside in the nominating State for at least 2 years when you look at the 137 pathway.

Note that the 136 and 137 visa subclasses both sit under the same visa class (BN) and so the DIMIA case officer will assess the visa application against the criteria for both when you lodge the application.

Best regards.

Old Jan 5th 2005, 12:47 am
Forum Regular

volt is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JAJ
When you apply for 136 you also apply for 137 - or vice versa.
However you won't be granted a 137 without a state nomination (plus the other visa requirements) - have you got one or not?

Jeremy
Thanks Jeremy,

I have not yet applied for the state nomination, I was only triggered to make another option when I have read some of the threads in this forum that after sending PCC's and Meds to ASPC, you will just wait for 6 - 8 weeks for the result on BN 136. But in my case I have already waited for more than 13 weeks (and still waiting) and have not heard on this matter.

That's why I was looking at the STNI route for another option.

Thanks for the reply.

volt