136 MODL Job Offer

Old Sep 14th 2007, 7:43 pm
Just Joined

craggie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 136 MODL Job Offer

Hi

Anyone have any experience of getting a job offer after sending 136 visa application? We are pretty hopeful of getting job offer in next couple of weeks but will it make any difference? We are July 2007 applicants still waiting for things to happen - like lot of others.

cheers
craggie
Old Sep 14th 2007, 7:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 136 MODL Job Offer

Originally Posted by craggie
Hi

Anyone have any experience of getting a job offer after sending 136 visa application? We are pretty hopeful of getting job offer in next couple of weeks but will it make any difference? We are July 2007 applicants still waiting for things to happen - like lot of others.

cheers
craggie
I think this depends on your occupation! Most employers we have contacted are interested and have asked us to contact them as soon as we get the visa grant.... Other people seem to have secured jobs before particularly those in the medical profession
Old Sep 14th 2007, 8:08 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Reedy
I think this depends on your occupation! Most employers we have contacted are interested and have asked us to contact them as soon as we get the visa grant.... Other people seem to have secured jobs before particularly those in the medical profession
Hi

We are really thinking about the length of time the visa application takes since we are still waiting for news. Won't make any difference to yes or no for visa. But if we get job offer for main applicant we are looking on bright side and thinking it could speed things up? Maybe wishful thinking. Any thoughts?

cheers
craggie
Old Sep 14th 2007, 8:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

We are really thinking about the length of time the visa application takes since we are still waiting for news. Won't make any difference to yes or no for visa. But if we get job offer for main applicant we are looking on bright side and thinking it could speed things up? Maybe wishful thinking. Any thoughts?

cheers
craggie
I am not sure whether it would speed up the application - it would give you additional points if your occupation is on MODL but presumably you don't need these if you have already submitted application?
Old Sep 14th 2007, 8:19 pm
Just Joined

I am not sure whether it would speed up the application - it would give you additional points if your occupation is on MODL but presumably you don't need these if you have already submitted application?
Hi

Yeah you're right we have got enough points. We'll just have to send off job offer and keep fingers crossed.

cheers
craggie
Old Sep 14th 2007, 8:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi

Yeah you're right we have got enough points. We'll just have to send off job offer and keep fingers crossed.

cheers
craggie
Craggie,

Hopefully if they offer you the job they will be willing to wait!!!!! There are a number of threads about people having to defer start dates whilst waiting for visa. The right person is worth waiting for hey

Good luck,

Laura
Old Sep 14th 2007, 8:27 pm
Just Joined

Craggie,

Hopefully if they offer you the job they will be willing to wait!!!!! There are a number of threads about people having to defer start dates whilst waiting for visa. The right person is worth waiting for hey

Good luck,

Laura
Hi

Yeah waiting is the name of the game at the moment. Could have gone sponsored route but would then have to find right employer in right location who knows the system. Not easy so independent route seemed best. But maybe not quickest!

cheers
craggie
Old Sep 14th 2007, 8:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi

Yeah waiting is the name of the game at the moment. Could have gone sponsored route but would then have to find right employer in right location who knows the system. Not easy so independent route seemed best. But maybe not quickest!

cheers
craggie
We decided to do the same. There is less risk involved in the PR visa than the sponsored I think if you have enough points to apply for PR then you are stupid not to.

If you don't like your employer or vice versa on the 457 and leave your job you only have 28 days to find another employer - too much uncertainty when taking your family to the other side of the world.

It will be worth the wait and to be honest there is not that much of a difference with timescales really.

When did you submit your application?

Laura
Old Sep 14th 2007, 8:37 pm
Just Joined

We decided to do the same. There is less risk involved in the PR visa than the sponsored I think if you have enough points to apply for PR then you are stupid not to.

If you don't like your employer or vice versa on the 457 and leave your job you only have 28 days to find another employer - too much uncertainty when taking your family to the other side of the world.

It will be worth the wait and to be honest there is not that much of a difference with timescales really.

When did you submit your application?

Laura
Hi

Your right re employer - you can never be sure. We applied end of July. Now we know International Signed for doesn't give receipt and Airsure does. However pretty sure they'll have application - just what are they waiting for?

cheers
craggie
Old Sep 14th 2007, 9:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi

Your right re employer - you can never be sure. We applied end of July. Now we know International Signed for doesn't give receipt and Airsure does. However pretty sure they'll have application - just what are they waiting for?

cheers
craggie
If you requested correspondence by email they will send you a pre-ack soon (I think they are taking up to 6 weeks at the moment).

They will then send an acknowledgement which will confirm that your application is complete and valid for processing. These are taking about 12 weeks from application being received at DIAC (I am waiting for this - mine sent 11th June arrived 19th - I sent with Royal Mail).

Then about 4 - 6 weeks (approx) later you will be assigned a Case Officer who will request any additional information and request PCC and medicals. We are frontloading (sending before requested) both as this will speed up the process.

Once all the info has been received a decision will be made and I am sure that your visa will be granted

I apologise if you already know this......

Laura