Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

134 STNI When do they charge the Visa fee??

134 STNI When do they charge the Visa fee??

Old Feb 28th 2007, 2:46 am
Just Joined

Gustav is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 134 STNI When do they charge the Visa fee??

Hi,
We are 134 STNI Vic applied in June 2006 and just recieved a CO beginning of FEB. They asked for Medicals and PCC on that date and the meds should arrive there any moment. First do they confirm receipt of the meds? Second they only asked for the meds and PCC but did not ask for the Visa Fee or Aos. I read in an old thread that sometimes they don't get the form for state nomination and now I'm being paranoid that maybe they don't have it. This waiting is making me crazy.
Would my CO have said anything on her communication or does the fact that they sent us for meds prove that they have it? Do they usually ask for all required info at once? I'm concerned they didn't ask for the fee or mention Aos. Although it's up to them if they think we require an Aos, or so I've read. Maybe the fact that we've been here in Melbourne for 6 years will make them think we don't need one?? But then the fee??? I know the waiting is probably just making me crazy and everything is fine but.... When do they usually ask for the fee?
Thanks
Chris
Old Feb 28th 2007, 3:03 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 134 STNI When do they charge the Visa fee??

Originally Posted by Gustav
Hi,
We are 134 STNI Vic applied in June 2006 and just recieved a CO beginning of FEB. They asked for Medicals and PCC on that date and the meds should arrive there any moment. First do they confirm receipt of the meds? Second they only asked for the meds and PCC but did not ask for the Visa Fee or Aos. I read in an old thread that sometimes they don't get the form for state nomination and now I'm being paranoid that maybe they don't have it. This waiting is making me crazy.
Would my CO have said anything on her communication or does the fact that they sent us for meds prove that they have it? Do they usually ask for all required info at once? I'm concerned they didn't ask for the fee or mention Aos. Although it's up to them if they think we require an Aos, or so I've read. Maybe the fact that we've been here in Melbourne for 6 years will make them think we don't need one?? But then the fee??? I know the waiting is probably just making me crazy and everything is fine but.... When do they usually ask for the fee?
Thanks
Chris
As far as I understand they only ask for medicals and police checks on a 134 once they have received a state nomination. No AOS on 134.
Old Feb 28th 2007, 3:50 am
Just Joined

Hi,
No Aos on 134. Fantastic news! Thanks so much for the reply. You made me feel loads better. Do you know when they charge the Visa Fee? I thought they'd ask when they sent the meds request but nothing yet.
Thanks
Chris
Old Feb 28th 2007, 4:27 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Expect to pay the VAC once the medicals have been cleared - ie immediately prior to visa grant.

Best regards.
Old Feb 28th 2007, 5:38 am
Just Joined

Hi,
Thanks again for the reply! I like the sound of "Immediately prior to Visa Grant". It really is a very slow, nerve racking process and I can hardly wait for it to be over.
Cheers
Chris
Old Feb 28th 2007, 5:42 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Remember that you will need to be outside Australia for visa grant ... the order of events will probably be:

- you pay the VAC

- receive a pre-visa grant letter from your case officer

- you advise the case officer of your travel itinerary and where your visa is to be evidenced (Auckland?)

- you depart Australia

- case officer grants your 134 visa

- you attend the Australian High Commission (in Auckland?) where your permanent residency visas are evidenced in your passports

- you return to Australia as permanent residents

Best regards.
Old Feb 28th 2007, 8:31 pm
Just Joined

Hi

Thanks again. I hope it's soon.

Chris
Old Mar 1st 2007, 9:33 am
Just Joined

nafuk is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear Gustav, glad to hear your 134 is progressing well. I am just starting the process and was thinking of applying for a 137 STNI. PLease can you tell me how you decided on a 134. I have noticed that some visas do not allow schooling, health benefits etc. Any info on this would be very much apprciated.
Thank you
Old Mar 1st 2007, 10:27 am
Just Joined

valeriy_troshin is an unknown quantity at this point

I am doing STNI with 134 subclass.
I got a request for payment with medical and police forms in one letter.
It was me who did not send nomination with file. But everything was OK.
I think CO able to see have you or no your nomination.
Respect to Alan Collett for help!
Old Mar 5th 2007, 9:17 pm
Just Joined

Hi Nafuk,
This is Gustav's OH Christine and I can tell you it wasn't an easy decision for us. We have family here in OZ that would have sponsored us but, that's my OH's family and they are a curious and unreliable breed.
So we decided to do it without there help, and without their help we were 5 points short! There's also the fact that the Visa charges are about 2K less in OZ money and you don't need Aos. I'm also on the MODL for Victoria so they had no problem with sponsorship. It can save you a few thousand dollars and if you get the state sponsorship worked out before you apply it seems pretty straight forward. Without STNI I've heard you can die on the skill matching list without anyone looking at you. Maybe someone out there can prove me wrong. Also in out case we are already here on 457 so schooling, health benefits etc. were not a consern for us.
Hope that helps Chris

Originally Posted by nafuk
Dear Gustav, glad to hear your 134 is progressing well. I am just starting the process and was thinking of applying for a 137 STNI. PLease can you tell me how you decided on a 134. I have noticed that some visas do not allow schooling, health benefits etc. Any info on this would be very much apprciated.
Thank you

Last edited by Gustav; Mar 5th 2007 at 9:34 pm. Reason: did not fully answer question
Old Mar 5th 2007, 9:29 pm
Just Joined

Hi,
Thanks for all the help. I was wondering... you say at the top of the list "you pay the VAC", do you know when they ask for the payment? I'm sure my CO is a wonderful person in real life, but unfortunately she has already made multiple mistakes in the processing of our file. Not the least of which was naming my eldest daughter as the principle applicant on all documents. Now that I recieved a response from another person saying that, in their case, the request for the payment came with the request for PCC and Meds. I'm wondering if I can just make the payment without the request??? I will after all have to pay it anyway! If I can, how do I do this???
Regards Chris

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
Remember that you will need to be outside Australia for visa grant ... the order of events will probably be:

- you pay the VAC

- receive a pre-visa grant letter from your case officer

- you advise the case officer of your travel itinerary and where your visa is to be evidenced (Auckland?)

- you depart Australia

- case officer grants your 134 visa

- you attend the Australian High Commission (in Auckland?) where your permanent residency visas are evidenced in your passports

- you return to Australia as permanent residents

Best regards.
Old Mar 5th 2007, 10:15 pm
Migration Agent

Chris,

There is a limit to what I can advise when I am not managing a visa application - I don't have correspondence/emails to hand, so I am reticent about commenting further.

It is for reasons such as those you are raising that it is often preferable for applicants to engage a migration agent, particularly for the less commonly encountered visa subclasses where less experienced case officers also sometimes struggle with the requirements and logistics.

Best regards.
Old Mar 5th 2007, 11:04 pm
Just Joined

Allan,
Thanks for the info you already gave us. I think I need to relax a little about all this and just wait anyway. They only got the meds 6 days ago.
It's difficult to wait and not be proactive... Patience is not my strong point but I guess I'll have to learn.
Thanks
Chris
Old Mar 5th 2007, 11:56 pm
Just Joined

Hi,
Thanks for the info. I wonder if everyone else has had the same experience as you? Also when you paid the VAC what was the cost? I notice on the immigration site there's a link to what the fees were when you applied. In my case that would mean the cost would be $1885 as I applied prior to July 2006, or did you pay the current fee rate?
Thanks Chris

Originally Posted by valeriy_troshin
I am doing STNI with 134 subclass.
I got a request for payment with medical and police forms in one letter.
It was me who did not send nomination with file. But everything was OK.
I think CO able to see have you or no your nomination.
Respect to Alan Collett for help!
Old Mar 5th 2007, 11:59 pm
Migration Agent

The VAC for a 134 visa application should be based on the amount applicable when the visa application was received in Adelaide.

The letter from your case officer requesting payment should confirm this.

Best regards.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.