12 Month Tourist Visa

Old Dec 10th 2009, 6:23 am
Forum Regular

ponface is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 12 Month Tourist Visa

Ok, a nice an easy one for all the clued up people.
Gonna apply for a 12 month tourist visa to stay with friends & was looking for a couple of clarifications.

1) Is it taken as a given that if i was granted the 12 month visa it will come as standard with a "No Further Stay" stamp ?

2) I know you cannot work on this visa but is it ok to still be working for your UK company via computer & use this salary as proof of being able to fund your stay ?
Old Dec 10th 2009, 6:31 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 12 Month Tourist Visa

Originally Posted by ponface
Gonna apply for a 12 month tourist visa to stay with friends & was looking for a couple of clarifications.

1) Is it taken as a given that if i was granted the 12 month visa it will come as standard with a "No Further Stay" stamp ?

2) I know you cannot work on this visa but is it ok to still be working for your UK company via computer & use this salary as proof of being able to fund your stay ?
1) Easy, No, they don't all have that clause on them.

2) Not so easy. Techniaclly you shouldn't work while in Australia. Though PERSONALLY SPEAKING (not professional advice) I don't know how they would know as you wouldn't need an Aussie tax number, and would presumably be paid offshore.......
Old Dec 10th 2009, 6:39 am
Forum Regular

I see........ok, I would keep my working for my UK company under wraps then & lodge money in a savings account as proof of funds.
The UK wages would be a pittance anyway tbh & I would more or less just be doing that for a little spending money & also to stop myself going mad with boredom.
Old Dec 10th 2009, 7:31 am
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Number 2 might be very difficult as it could be perceived as an intention to "work in Australia" even if it's on the internet and you are being paid overseas. If you use that as proof of funds it COULD possibly end up with you being put on a plane back out again. I'm not privy to the workings of the people at Immigration so it's just an opinion.

Very tricky question !
Old Dec 10th 2009, 8:32 am
Forum Regular

I may be getting ahead of myself here but if I were able to write the future ....
what would happen is that I would get on with my "friend" as well as we both anticpate & I then at the end of the 12 months apply for a defacto visa or spouse visa....

Is the 12 month tourist visa a common route to start off this process ?
As far as I can make out, it is the only option.......right?
Old Dec 10th 2009, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

hull2perth is just really nicehull2perth is just really nicehull2perth is just really nicehull2perth is just really nicehull2perth is just really nicehull2perth is just really nicehull2perth is just really nicehull2perth is just really nice

I may be getting ahead of myself here but if I were able to write the future ....
what would happen is that I would get on with my "friend" as well as we both anticpate & I then at the end of the 12 months apply for a defacto visa or spouse visa....

If your under the age of 30 apply for a working holiday visa, and if you can get some seasonal work for 3 months do that to extend your stay for 24 months! easy if your over 30, ignore me good luck!
Old Dec 10th 2009, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

Unfortunately, I am 41 !!!! Jesus, where did that time go
Old Dec 10th 2009, 10:20 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

also to stop myself going mad with boredom.
very wise.....that could be a real possibility in Australia
Old Dec 10th 2009, 10:39 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Grayling
very wise.....that could be a real possibility in Australia
Ahh, realism.....one of the advantages of being 41 .....there is only so much lolling about you can do before blowing your brains out becomes a viable option.
Old Dec 10th 2009, 11:52 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Ahh, realism.....one of the advantages of being 41 .....there is only so much lolling about you can do before blowing your brains out becomes a viable option.
There is only so much of Australia you can take before blowing your brains out becomes a viable option.

That is, maybe, why so many australians do

Last edited by Grayling; Dec 10th 2009 at 11:55 am.
Old Dec 10th 2009, 5:51 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

It is a fairly common route, but if you are working whilst in Aus, albeit in the way you described, and then apply for a de facto visa you would need to be careful when telling DIAC how you spent the last year. Might be worth a quick chat with an agent just to be safe.
Old Dec 11th 2009, 11:27 am
Forum Regular

johnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of light

Remember that although it's a 12 month visa it's only valid for 3 months at a time. So every 3 months you'd have to leave the country and then re-enter. I know from watching the border security programs they show here, that they get suspicious about this behavior.
Old Dec 11th 2009, 11:43 am
BE Enthusiast

DaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to all

Originally Posted by johnnye
Remember that although it's a 12 month visa it's only valid for 3 months at a time. So every 3 months you'd have to leave the country and then re-enter. I know from watching the border security programs they show here, that they get suspicious about this behavior.
I think this is the E-Visitor visa, which is valid for 12 months, but for stays of only 3 months at a time.

A tourist visa (676) can be granted for 3, 6 or 12 months.
Old Dec 11th 2009, 2:04 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by DaveandLinda
I think this is the E-Visitor visa, which is valid for 12 months, but for stays of only 3 months at a time.

Yep, that's what I assumed he was looking at, a 676 where you can be here for 12 months as a tourist
Old Dec 11th 2009, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by DaveandLinda

Yep, that's what I assumed he was looking at, a 676 where you can be here for 12 months as a tourist
__________________________________________________ ______________

You are correct guys, its the 676 i'm looking at.........i've just been over for 3 weeks on the E-visitor visa to see my partner & we have decided to make a go of it, hence the need for a longer stay.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.