12 month rule/ validation

Old Jul 6th 2005, 4:57 am
Forum Regular

ozanand2004 is just really niceozanand2004 is just really niceozanand2004 is just really niceozanand2004 is just really niceozanand2004 is just really niceozanand2004 is just really niceozanand2004 is just really niceozanand2004 is just really nice
Default 12 month rule/ validation

Hello All:

Yes, this is the typical question that follows the "GOT IT" message !!
I did a search on the forum, but got some conflicting posts..

My situation:

My 136 visa has been granted. The CO has given a deadline of December 15, 2005 for our validation trip. One of my PCCs expire somewhere next month(August), the other one in September and Medicals expire in September also. Upon reading about this 12 month rule for validation, it seems like I may need to validate before August due to my PCCs..Is this true? Why would I be given a deadline of Dec 15th in that case? Nowhere in the grant letter is it mentioned that my PCCs/ Meds need to be within 12 months during validation..

My question:

Do I have to redo meds/ PCCs if I want to travel after September 2005? I searched the DIMIA website with no luck. I can have the visas evidenced (stamped on passport) within a week or so, by couriering it to the Oz consulate here in New York..

Any pointers will be greatly appreciated !
Thanks
Anand.
Old Jul 6th 2005, 5:31 am
Forum Regular

jeeva will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 12 month rule/ validation

Originally Posted by ozanand2004
Hello All:

Yes, this is the typical question that follows the "GOT IT" message !!
I did a search on the forum, but got some conflicting posts..

My situation:

My 136 visa has been granted. The CO has given a deadline of December 15, 2005 for our validation trip. One of my PCCs expire somewhere next month(August), the other one in September and Medicals expire in September also. Upon reading about this 12 month rule for validation, it seems like I may need to validate before August due to my PCCs..Is this true? Why would I be given a deadline of Dec 15th in that case? Nowhere in the grant letter is it mentioned that my PCCs/ Meds need to be within 12 months during validation..

My question:

Do I have to redo meds/ PCCs if I want to travel after September 2005? I searched the DIMIA website with no luck. I can have the visas evidenced (stamped on passport) within a week or so, by couriering it to the Oz consulate here in New York..

Any pointers will be greatly appreciated !
Thanks
Anand.
Same happened to me as well. I had done my medical before PCC on 10-June-04 and that would be valid until 9-June-05. But when I got my visa grant it came with the condition: 'Initial entry by 01-Oct-05' - initial entry time extended by well over 3 months! Not quite sure how they work this initial entry period.

So if they have given you time till 15-Dec then you get the benefit. Check the conditions on the visa label on your passport. As long as you don't breach those conditions you are safe.

Jeeva
Old Jul 6th 2005, 5:37 am
Maverick

myvkee is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by jeeva
Same happened to me as well. I had done my medical before PCC on 10-June-04 and that would be valid until 9-June-05. But when I got my visa grant it came with the condition: 'Initial entry by 01-Oct-05' - initial entry time extended by well over 3 months! Not quite sure how they work this initial entry period.

So if they have given you time till 15-Dec then you get the benefit. Check the conditions on the visa label on your passport. As long as you don't breach those conditions you are safe.

Jeeva
yup couldnt agree more, congrats for exrta time :-)
Old Jul 6th 2005, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

ozanand2004 is just really niceozanand2004 is just really niceozanand2004 is just really niceozanand2004 is just really niceozanand2004 is just really niceozanand2004 is just really niceozanand2004 is just really niceozanand2004 is just really nice

Wonderful ! I will probably send it for stamping later this week..I hope we are not asked to carry any of our medical records/ PCCs etc..during our validation trip.. I was almost about to email my CO to clarify this, but guess I dont have to anymore !!
Old Jul 6th 2005, 4:31 pm

Prince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by ozanand2004
Wonderful ! I will probably send it for stamping later this week..I hope we are not asked to carry any of our medical records/ PCCs etc..during our validation trip.. I was almost about to email my CO to clarify this, but guess I dont have to anymore !!
Just follow the deadline on the grant letter irrespective of your pcc/medical date.

No need to carry any such documents during your first entry.
Old Jul 6th 2005, 5:17 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you Prince.. !

Originally Posted by Prince1975
Just follow the deadline on the grant letter irrespective of your pcc/medical date.

No need to carry any such documents during your first entry.