119/857 compared to 457

Old Jan 29th 2009, 8:00 pm
Just Joined

isit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 119/857 compared to 457

I've just come accross the 119/857 and it seems I could go with my family on that rather than the 457 and not start work for 6 months am I right? What's the difference apart from one being permanent and one not?! Thanks
Old Jan 29th 2009, 10:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 119/857 compared to 457

Originally Posted by isit
I've just come accross the 119/857 and it seems I could go with my family on that rather than the 457 and not start work for 6 months am I right? What's the difference apart from one being permanent and one not?! Thanks
you commit to 2 years with the employer

it has to be regional

needs an employer willing to do PR from the start and some are reluctant

slightly different skill list eligble I think.
Old Jan 30th 2009, 12:52 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

RSMS may be an option, or a job matched state sponsored 176 visa, but have you looked at whether you are eligible for ENS instead? (subclass 121 offshore, in some situations it's a simpler visa to get than RSMS).

For a discussion of what being a permanent resident means:
http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Perman...ent_(Australia)
Old Jan 30th 2009, 9:05 am
Just Joined

Thanks saifn and jaj

Ok more difficult to aquire makes sense really! I am an Opreating Department Practitioner here in the UK and my quals. are recognised in WA (where we want to head as my brother has citizenship there). So I am therefore able to work as an anaesthetic technician (only a third of my job in uk!) - don't think it qualifies as a highly skilled position iykwim so 121 visa not an option?

Trying to figure out which direction to go from is driving me nuts!!

ps safin what did you fail for on the 857 visa (if that's not being too nosey?)

thanks once again for you help and advice it's much appreciated
Old Jan 30th 2009, 9:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks saifn and jaj

Ok more difficult to aquire makes sense really! I am an Opreating Department Practitioner here in the UK and my quals. are recognised in WA (where we want to head as my brother has citizenship there). So I am therefore able to work as an anaesthetic technician (only a third of my job in uk!) - don't think it qualifies as a highly skilled position iykwim so 121 visa not an option?

Trying to figure out which direction to go from is driving me nuts!!

ps safin what did you fail for on the 857 visa (if that's not being too nosey?)

thanks once again for you help and advice it's much appreciated
wrong sort of contract of employment!
Old Jan 30th 2009, 9:26 am
Just Joined

BOOOOO that's rubbish. I didn't realise that 'wrong contract of employment' could even be an issue unless it was over hours?