Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

115 points : Should I send my application ?

115 points : Should I send my application ?

Old Nov 15th 2005, 6:49 am
BE Enthusiast

ghanghro is a jewel in the roughghanghro is a jewel in the roughghanghro is a jewel in the roughghanghro is a jewel in the roughghanghro is a jewel in the rough
Cool 115 points : Should I send my application ?

Hi everyone,

I've a question regarding 136 application.

I've got successful ACS Assessment (Systems Manager), have got IELTS for me and wife (Both overall band score of 7.0 with all bands 6+). Have already filled the forms 47sk and 80. Of course have got the certified copies of all required documents.

But I'm short of 5 points at this time.

To cover those 5 points, we are in process of sending an application to VETASSESS for my wife's occupation as "Medical Administrator" for which we've all the high hopes.

Now, I'm just wondering, would it be a nice idea to lodge the application with 115 points and then update DIMIA with the successful VETASSESS letter when we've received it. Just to make process faster and to make use of these few weeks.

But I'm affraid, what if they locked my application on 115 points and would only process it when either they've decreased the required points from 120 to anything lower than that or when my ASCO Code is included in MODL ...

Any suggestions ?

Ghanghro
Old Nov 15th 2005, 10:04 am
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 115 points : Should I send my application ?

Originally Posted by ghanghro
Hi everyone,

I've a question regarding 136 application.

I've got successful ACS Assessment (Systems Manager), have got IELTS for me and wife (Both overall band score of 7.0 with all bands 6+). Have already filled the forms 47sk and 80. Of course have got the certified copies of all required documents.

But I'm short of 5 points at this time.

To cover those 5 points, we are in process of sending an application to VETASSESS for my wife's occupation as "Medical Administrator" for which we've all the high hopes.

Now, I'm just wondering, would it be a nice idea to lodge the application with 115 points and then update DIMIA with the successful VETASSESS letter when we've received it. Just to make process faster and to make use of these few weeks.

But I'm affraid, what if they locked my application on 115 points and would only process it when either they've decreased the required points from 120 to anything lower than that or when my ASCO Code is included in MODL ...

Any suggestions ?

Ghanghro
Unless there is a critical date where you lose points unless you lodge in advance of receiving your wife's VETASSESS application, hold off. I'm sure you knwo whetehr she will be recognised by VETASSESS or not and hopefully she has an obvious 2 years of skilled experience in the last 3 year period. If there is some doubt and she does not score you the 5 points, it may be better to go through VETASSESS yourself so that you can get SIR a bit easier by not being recognised as an IT Professional.

Regards

Tony