Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

100 points or 105 points - do I bother with proof for the extra 5?

100 points or 105 points - do I bother with proof for the extra 5?

Old Oct 1st 2007, 9:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default 100 points or 105 points - do I bother with proof for the extra 5?

Hi all,

I will be applying for a 475. I have 105 points including 5 for 4 years work experience in a 50 point occupation. My question is;

Do I provide evidence of my work experience for 5 points I don't need??? If I don't tick the box for the points, will it go against me? Would it be safer to provide the info just in case the points threshold is changed?

Thanks for your advice!
Old Oct 1st 2007, 9:19 am
Just Joined

paul08 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 100 points or 105 points - do I bother with proof for the extra 5?

Hi,

Imagine it's the same for a 475 - I enquired about the same issue for my 136 application and was told it makes no difference to the processing whether you have more than the required number of points, so don't worry about pulling together extra evidence. I imagine they also want your application to be as straight-forward as possible so if you reach the pass mark without extra points, save yourself some time!
Old Oct 1st 2007, 9:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

That sounds promising!

I am a lazy person at heart. So anything which would save time and trouble gets my vote! Obviously I wouldn't scrimp on effort and risk not getting a visa, which is why I was asking!!

Thanks for your reply.
Old Oct 1st 2007, 10:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fly Away
That sounds promising!

I am a lazy person at heart. So anything which would save time and trouble gets my vote! Obviously I wouldn't scrimp on effort and risk not getting a visa, which is why I was asking!!

Thanks for your reply.

If you're condfident you make the points without providing extra info then it wont matter. If you're unsure then submit it
Old Oct 1st 2007, 10:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Wendy
If you're condfident you make the points without providing extra info then it wont matter. If you're unsure then submit it

Thanks Wendy!

I have a positive Vetassess for 50 points, 15 age points, 25 English points, (just got a positive 4 x 9 in the IELTS exam) plus 10 sponsorship points.

I can't see how they could query the Age, Vetassess or IELTS - could they?? The State sponsorship is easily verified.

We could actually scrape together another 10 points with my OH's occupation and my 5 points - but there doesn't seem to be any point getting a spouse skills assessment either?

My only doubt is if they reduce the STNI threshold to 110 points - for which we would then qualify.

Thanks again for your advice. It's very nerve racking trying to decide whether to go belt and braces or not!
Old Oct 1st 2007, 5:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Just realised. Does anyone think it would be advisable to prove the 110 points on the 475 application??

I can't think of any reason as the 100 points can't be queried, (Vetassess, IELTS, age and State sponsorship). The extra 10 points are dependant on our work experience which may not be acceptable anyway.

Thanks again!
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 2:26 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Just realised. Does anyone think it would be advisable to prove the 110 points on the 475 application??

I can't think of any reason as the 100 points can't be queried, (Vetassess, IELTS, age and State sponsorship). The extra 10 points are dependant on our work experience which may not be acceptable anyway.
Be careful. If your work experience does not meet the basic requirement for recent skilled work experience the application will be refused before they even look at the points score.
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 7:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by JAJ
Be careful. If your work experience does not meet the basic requirement for recent skilled work experience the application will be refused before they even look at the points score.

Thanks JAJ - that's good advice.

I'm in the process of getting all our documents together so I will get all my occupation information together even though we don't need the extra 5 points. That way there should be no queries from the DIAC about recent skilled work experience.