It`s so "funny".

Old Feb 20th 2010, 10:46 am
Just Joined

BuckarooBanzai is an unknown quantity at this point
Default It`s so "funny".

As a registered nurse I thought one is quite secure to get the pr visa provided that all the basic requirements are met.
But at the moment it looks like that even nurses (which is obviously an occupation where there is a severe shortage) can`t get the 175 visa.
At least myself:

12 months overseas work experience: no points anymore = 0p
IELTS proficiency: 25

it sums up to just 110. 10 points too short. What the hell?
Old Feb 20th 2010, 11:01 am
BE Enthusiast

charw has a brilliant futurecharw has a brilliant futurecharw has a brilliant futurecharw has a brilliant futurecharw has a brilliant futurecharw has a brilliant future
Default Re: It`s so "funny".

Originally Posted by BuckarooBanzai
As a registered nurse I thought one is quite secure to get the pr visa provided that all the basic requirements are met.
But at the moment it looks like that even nurses (which is obviously an occupation where there is a severe shortage) can`t get the 175 visa.
At least myself:

You can try SS.
Old Feb 20th 2010, 11:52 am
BE Enthusiast

mavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond repute

At least myself:

for the work experience you need at least 3 years in the last 4 years to be eligible for 10 points. If you are 31 and only have 12 months of experience in the last 4 years, it wouldn't look that funny since you can find many who got at least 5 years experience at that age.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...experience.htm
Old Feb 20th 2010, 2:27 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mavios
for the work experience you need at least 3 years in the last 4 years to be eligible for 10 points. If you are 31 and only have 12 months of experience in the last 4 years, it wouldn't look that funny since you can find many who got at least 5 years experience at that age.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...experience.htm
Well, I`ve more than 12 months w.e. actually, but it doesn`t count as such since it isn`t recently.
Old Feb 20th 2010, 2:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

wilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of light

At least myself:

Where did you do your overseas work experience?
Old Feb 20th 2010, 3:15 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by wilson01
Where did you do your overseas work experience?
In my home country Germany.
Old Feb 20th 2010, 5:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

wilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of light

In my home country Germany.
You would still qualify for SS with your score. Would you not applying for SS? I know Queensland accept nurses with at least one year's experience behind them. Also, there is to be a review of the points test system in the near future, hopefully you will be able to obtain more points when it is released

Here are some links for you

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...discussion.pdf

http://www.workliveplay.qld.gov.au/d...nt.cfm?id=3703
Old Feb 20th 2010, 11:03 pm
Banned

Ozwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to all

At least myself:

We do have to have a SOH at times Bucky when governments do not exactly aim too well in shooting themselves in the foot and also achieve blowing someones backside off, sort of what you'd expect with of a combined episode of MP and Dad's army.

Hopefully it may just be a transient issue for I am sure it will be raised by many in submissions to the government review re the new SOL/Points etc.
To understand how it has come about may help in the interim - just my view:

The government has faced an enormous problem with immigrants of skills that were quickly to become superfluous and this was because of an onshore student visa situation that could give rise to PR, a points example given on
http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...oints-test.pdf

Rather than play Mickey Mouse with attempting to identify particular skills at this stage [ against something of an outcry from the educational industry sector ] they decided it was better to call for Brutus with his sledge hammer on the MODL.
[ The education sector will still have problems btw but second rate private education colleges that have grown on the back of a PR carrot to students can rightly fade away in my book.]

The government has stated that there will not be a replacement for MODL and how I again believe they intend to cope with the points difficulty for highly skilled in demand people is to in fact to attempt a WIN WIN situation, for another issue with immigration is getting people to the right locations - where the demand and opportunities are.
That'll be done on two fronts:
. Employer Sponsorship maintained as the priority approach.
. The State Migration Plans [SMPs] as second level priorities.
SMPs will involve independent applicants in a two stage process but if that is a good result for Australia, that's what immigration is supposed to be all about [ and if you think of that as an Australian which you hope to be, is that so bad! ]

It is probably not perfect and as I've said above, I'll not be surprised if DIAC are flooded with submissions [ unfortunately many of them coming from the educational sector dodgy bros., those hopefully to be ignored ] , It ain't over until the fat lady sings they say; sometimes not even then!

Meanwhile, do bear in mind that the Employer Sponsor approach is widely used within the medical industry, and could be something you'll want to look at.

Last edited by Ozwanderer; Feb 20th 2010 at 11:13 pm.
Old Feb 20th 2010, 11:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ozwanderer
We do have to have a SOH at times Bucky when governments do not exactly aim too well in shooting themselves in the foot and also achieve blowing someones backside off, sort of what you'd expect with of a combined episode of MP and Dad's army.

Hopefully it may just be a transient issue for I am sure it will be raised by many in submissions to the government review re the new SOL/Points etc.
To understand how it has come about may help in the interim - just my view:

The government has faced an enormous problem with immigrants of skills that were quickly to become superfluous and this was because of an onshore student visa situation that could give rise to PR, a points example given on
http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...oints-test.pdf

Rather than play Mickey Mouse with attempting to identify particular skills at this stage [ against something of an outcry from the educational industry sector ] they decided it was better to call for Brutus with his sledge hammer on the MODL.
[ The education sector will still have problems btw but second rate private education colleges that have grown on the back of a PR carrot to students can rightly fade away in my book.]

The government has stated that there will not be a replacement for MODL and how I again believe they intend to cope with the points difficulty for highly skilled in demand people is to in fact to attempt a WIN WIN situation, for another issue with immigration is getting people to the right locations - where the demand and opportunities are.
That'll be done on two fronts:
. Employer Sponsorship maintained as the priority approach.
. The State Migration Plans [SMPs] as second level priorities.
SMPs will involve independent applicants in a two stage process but if that is a good result for Australia, that's what immigration is supposed to be all about [ and if you think of that as an Australian which you hope to be, is that so bad! ]

Meanwhile, do bear in mind that the Employer Sponsor approach is widely used within the medical industry, and could be something you'll want to look at.
Ozwanderer, it is my belief that the medical industry do NOT like to give ENS for their potential employees. After having a Skype interview last week and discussing my visa options (I let them know I had applied for 175PR but could be some time before im granted this) I successfully gained employment and this morning I received my document through the post. They offered me a 457 employer sponsorship! I will just wait until I get my 175 visa
Old Feb 20th 2010, 11:50 pm
Banned

Ozwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to all

Originally Posted by wilson01
Ozwanderer, it is my belief that the medical industry do NOT like to give ENS for their potential employees. After having a Skype interview last week and discussing my visa options (I let them know I had applied for 175PR but could be some time before im granted this) I successfully gained employment and this morning I received my document through the post. They offered me a 457 employer sponsorship! I will just wait until I get my 175 visa
Yep, I've read of a few situations like that, know of a nurse in WA who had applied for a 175 but came out on a 457 anyway and now has the 175 - meant a trip to Bali or wherever as a short holiday.

Claire n Tel with a thread a bit below is on a 457 and has found there is an issue with getting offered PR though seems it may be approaching resolution.
Another recent poster was a bit confused for a private employer has offered her ENS and yet she is freshly qualified [ could happen with a skills 3 Yr. requirement exemption ].

So it'd seem a mixed bag with a tending towards 457 > ENS rather than ENS direct as you say and Claire indicates the possibility of why and that's some people do not just adapt so well to Australia and I've seen quite a bit of comment re different work conditions - many for the better actually in that Nurses in hospitals are treated better by Doctors and I know [from limited experience though] in private practices they seem to have good working relationships.

The government here is working on Nurses being given greater responsibility generally, something there is some opposition to but not across the board I suspect.