Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

[HELP]No Medicals,No Police Checks.My Credit Card Was Charged.!

[HELP]No Medicals,No Police Checks.My Credit Card Was Charged.!

Old Jun 14th 2003, 3:55 pm
Banned

smurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to behold
Default [HELP]No Medicals,No Police Checks.My Credit Card Was Charged.!

I have already submitted my application for skilled independent visa on November 18,2002 on form 47SK to Adelaide Skill Processing Centre. My credit card was charged by DIMA .My nominated profession was Electrical Engineering.
In December 2002 keeping in view, my further research potential and my research contributions towards science and engineering. I have been offered Australian Government Sponsored IPRS and MIRS scholarships. In this regard, I have been offered with Master Of Engineering Science Degree (By Research/Thesis), which according to its course offer letter is of 1.5years duration. I will be joining this course in JULY 2003 in Australia.Keeping in view, the changes in recent PR rules that students must undertake 2 years degree course in order to apply for PR (applicable from July 2003). I have following four questions/queries.Since I have already submitted my application for skilled independent migration on form 47SK. Can I claim bonus points for Australian Qualifications after completion of one year for this Master Of Engineering Science (By Research/Thesis) degree, in Australia (i.e. in July 2004)?How can I refer to my application to DIMA and submit additional documents to DIMA like this Master Of Engineering Science (By Research/Thesis) degree? Even, If my application for skilled independent visa is once refused? According to the Confirmation Of Enrollment the end date of this course will be in February 2005 but the two years for my skilled independent migration application to DIMA, will be completed in around December 2004. Please suggest the possibility or the process so that my application for skilled independent migration remains with DIMA for 3 years or until I submit my Master Of Engineering Science (By Research/Thesis) degree & claim the bonus points?
Old Jun 14th 2003, 4:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hans de Visser is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: [HELP]No Medicals,No Police Checks.My Credit Card Was Charged.!

DIMIA will assess your application as it was the day it arrived in Adelaide, I don't think you can add anything to it afterwards(unless they ask for it) in order to get more points.
Why do you need additional points anyway? If you didn't have enough points when you applied last November, why did you apply at all? If you did have enough points, why add anything to it; your application is going to be assessed against the amount of points as required when you applied (i.e. 115; or 110 in some cases (sponsored skilled)) so there's no need for additional points: If there would be a rise in points, it will not affect your application, only new applications...