Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

**Not Of Any Interest If You Haven’t Applied For A Non-Modl Skilled Independent**

**Not Of Any Interest If You Haven’t Applied For A Non-Modl Skilled Independent**

Old Nov 26th 2004, 10:32 am
ピーター及びクレア

PWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant future
Default **Not Of Any Interest If You Haven’t Applied For A Non-Modl Skilled Independent**

**NOT OF ANY INTEREST IF YOU HAVEN’T APPLIED FOR A NON-MODL SKILLED INDEPENDENT**

Hi,

I would appreciate it if people could list their details as to when their PCC and Meds were requested.

I have been on austimeline and spread sheeted the results of 21 (skilled independent 136 / non- MODL / post July) timelines and I am pretty surprised by the results.

My understanding was that the PCC and Meds wouldn’t be requested for quite sometime. The 7 timelines that listed the request date showed requests dated between just 11 days (?) and only 1 month 27 days after the initial application was sent from the UK.

I understand that a number of people front load their applications but that’s not really what this thread is about- especially as we, obviously, decided not to do it. I am just interested in comparing the durations of when requests were made so we can get a good idea of when we should start the ball rolling PCC and Med wise; possibly right now!

Cheers.
Old Nov 26th 2004, 1:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: To the world you are one person...to one person you may be the world
logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice
Default Re: **Not Of Any Interest If You Haven’t Applied For A Non-Modl Skilled Independent**

Hi there.

My application was send to Adelaide on the 4th of October, and my credit card was debited on the 11th. However, I haven`t heard anything since. No ack letter, no meds/PCC requests. I`m a 136 BN, non-modl.
Old Nov 26th 2004, 1:33 pm
ピーター及びクレア

PWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant future
Default Re: **Not Of Any Interest If You Haven’t Applied For A Non-Modl Skilled Independent**

Originally Posted by logan
Hi there.

My application was send to Adelaide on the 4th of October, and my credit card was debited on the 11th. However, I haven`t heard anything since. No ack letter, no meds/PCC requests. I`m a 136 BN, non-modl.
Thanks logan.

I already have your details on my spreadsheet from austimeline.

To make you feel better, according to those 21 timelines, the last relevant request for Meds & PCC was on the 03rd November for a 06th September application.

Cheers.
Old Nov 26th 2004, 2:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PWBCSA
**NOT OF ANY INTEREST IF YOU HAVEN’T APPLIED FOR A NON-MODL SKILLED INDEPENDENT**

Hi,

I would appreciate it if people could list their details as to when their PCC and Meds were requested.

I have been on austimeline and spread sheeted the results of 21 (skilled independent 136 / non- MODL / post July) timelines and I am pretty surprised by the results.

My understanding was that the PCC and Meds wouldn’t be requested for quite sometime. The 7 timelines that listed the request date showed requests dated between just 11 days (?) and only 1 month 27 days after the initial application was sent from the UK.

I understand that a number of people front load their applications but that’s not really what this thread is about- especially as we, obviously, decided not to do it. I am just interested in comparing the durations of when requests were made so we can get a good idea of when we should start the ball rolling PCC and Med wise; possibly right now!

Cheers.
Hi

If you have enough data, your spread sheet should show an increasing delay in getting the CO allocated and letter for Health and character out. It started off at around 2 weeks for July lodged cases and has gradually increased to 6 or 7 weeks now although I did have an SIR application come back in 2 weeks recently.

Regards

Tony
Old Nov 26th 2004, 3:35 pm
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by welshtony
Hi

If you have enough data, your spread sheet should show an increasing delay in getting the CO allocated and letter for Health and character out. It started off at around 2 weeks for July lodged cases and has gradually increased to 6 or 7 weeks now although I did have an SIR application come back in 2 weeks recently.

Regards

Tony
Tony,

Would you say that the 'new' processing regime that DIMIA have in place is looking like it is begining to bulge at the seams, and is therefore not working particulary very well?

Do you think that processing times may revert back to pre July timescales?

Cheers

Jon

Last edited by wargod; Nov 26th 2004 at 3:37 pm.
Old Nov 27th 2004, 3:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wargod
Tony,

Would you say that the 'new' processing regime that DIMIA have in place is looking like it is begining to bulge at the seams, and is therefore not working particulary very well?

Do you think that processing times may revert back to pre July timescales?

Cheers

Jon
I hope it does not get worse than 8 weeks and comes back down closer to 4 weeks - any more than 8 weeks anjd they will have to start looking at sending out acknowledgement letters before the case is allocated again - which would be reverting back to the old system. If they can hold it at 7 or 8 weeks while they get through the pre-July backlog, they will then have one system that they can work on getting as efficient as possible - so I hope, I'm not sure what I think.

Tony
Old Nov 28th 2004, 10:15 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by welshtony
I hope it does not get worse than 8 weeks and comes back down closer to 4 weeks - any more than 8 weeks anjd they will have to start looking at sending out acknowledgement letters before the case is allocated again - which would be reverting back to the old system. If they can hold it at 7 or 8 weeks while they get through the pre-July backlog, they will then have one system that they can work on getting as efficient as possible - so I hope, I'm not sure what I think.

Tony

Fingers crossed !!!!!
Old Nov 28th 2004, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

beach bound is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PWBCSA

Hi,

Cheers.
Hi there

We've just got our 136 visa, our timeline is below in the signature. Hope this helps but, as we were an early July applicant, it may just show that Tony's theory is correct.

Good luck getting your visa

BB