$10k Bond has been invested

Old Nov 18th 2004, 4:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Manchester UK to Sydney, then decided Gold Coast, stayed there for 8 months and now back in sydney
threlly is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: $10k Bond has been invested

yes bread & dripping for the next 6 months.

I got 2.36110. Could have been better but i am just happy (over the moon actually) to have had the money requested and cant wait for it be paid next week.
cheers

Originally Posted by SuperSeagulls
Bread and dripping he he, what rate did u get?
Old Nov 18th 2004, 5:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice
Default Re: $10k Bond has been invested

Yeah, I know what you mean. Nice one.

My docs have now arrived in Melbourne so hopefully WATC will process the forms soon (assuming the money has arrived which it should do v.soon).

SS
Old Nov 18th 2004, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

beach bound is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SuperSeagulls
Yeah, I know what you mean. Nice one.

My docs have now arrived in Melbourne so hopefully WATC will process the forms soon (assuming the money has arrived which it should do v.soon).

SS
Hi there

Glad your docs arrived SS.

Threlly, we filled our forms online too - HIFX site is good 'cos you can track the progress of your transaction so you know when the money's arrived with them and then when they've sent it on to Oz. We transferred our money to HIFX via CHAPS which cost about £20 (steep given it's only the press of a few buttons!!!) - think the price varies according to which bank you're with. Still, at least we knew it would be quick and was guaranteed to get to HIFX the next day.

Good news for us is that I got an email from Northern Territories confirming they'd arranged our bond and told the CO. Then, in the post yesterday, we got our certificate - not sure what I was expecting but it was just an unexciting A4 thin card!!! Not much to show for $100k!!

Our case was being looked at again on the 10th Nov so it's fingers crossed!! It would be lovely to hear from them (so long as it's positive!) before Christmas - what an extra brilliant Christmas it would be!

BB
Old Nov 19th 2004, 6:53 am
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

Nice one BB, my gingers are crossed for you.

SS
Old Nov 19th 2004, 9:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Manchester UK to Sydney, then decided Gold Coast, stayed there for 8 months and now back in sydney

Hi beach bound,
i didn't realise that it was possible to track the progress of the transaction, thats good to know. i am sorting the chaps transfer later 2day, i think my bank charge £30-cheeky sods. i have asked HIFX to transfer the money to WA on monday, as dont know if they will receive my money 2day, i will phone and check and possibly they can do it 2day.

hope u get to hear something b4 xmas. you say that your case was going to be looked at again on november 10th, what does that mean? are they (DIMIA)checking all the paperwork or just moving you on to getting the visa? also, how do you know that they are going to be looking at it again, who told you that?
cheers and good luck

Originally Posted by beach bound
Hi there

Glad your docs arrived SS.

Threlly, we filled our forms online too - HIFX site is good 'cos you can track the progress of your transaction so you know when the money's arrived with them and then when they've sent it on to Oz. We transferred our money to HIFX via CHAPS which cost about £20 (steep given it's only the press of a few buttons!!!) - think the price varies according to which bank you're with. Still, at least we knew it would be quick and was guaranteed to get to HIFX the next day.

Good news for us is that I got an email from Northern Territories confirming they'd arranged our bond and told the CO. Then, in the post yesterday, we got our certificate - not sure what I was expecting but it was just an unexciting A4 thin card!!! Not much to show for $100k!!

Our case was being looked at again on the 10th Nov so it's fingers crossed!! It would be lovely to hear from them (so long as it's positive!) before Christmas - what an extra brilliant Christmas it would be!

BB
Old Nov 19th 2004, 4:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi threlly,

I presume BB means December 10th..maybe that was the deadline they set him/her to get the money lodged. What deadline have you been given? Mine was 8th Dec but was extended to the 12th Jan (not that I'll eed it) because Form 1134 vanished.

I still havent heard that the$100k arrived with the WATC yet. I asked HIFX to send it on Monday which they did (pm) - you can check on the online client area.. Hopefully it'll be there for Monday. HIFX did say it can take up to 5 working days.

Have you sorted a courier for the docs yet? if so, which one. DHL were spot on, deleivered door to door in under 3 days.

SS
Old Nov 19th 2004, 9:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by threlly
Hi beach bound,
i didn't realise that it was possible to track the progress of the transaction, thats good to know. i am sorting the chaps transfer later 2day, i think my bank charge £30-cheeky sods. i have asked HIFX to transfer the money to WA on monday, as dont know if they will receive my money 2day, i will phone and check and possibly they can do it 2day.

hope u get to hear something b4 xmas. you say that your case was going to be looked at again on november 10th, what does that mean? are they (DIMIA)checking all the paperwork or just moving you on to getting the visa? also, how do you know that they are going to be looking at it again, who told you that?
cheers and good luck
Hi Threlly & SS

We were given the deadline of 10th Nov to lodge the bond and I'm simply taking it that that is probably when the CO will look at our case again. No other reason for assuming this than the fact that it seemed like the CO used our last deadline date to look at our case and proceed to ask for a bond to be bought. We were given a deadline of 20th Sept to get our police checks, medicals, company refs, etc back to the CO. It might have just been a coincidence but it seems the CO didn't look at our files until the deadline was reached with our bond request dated within 2 days of the 20th Sep deadline. I wouldn't think they'd look before the deadline and I'm just hoping they use the deadline dates as review dates. Don't know if you guys have had similar experiences with your deadline dates? Sounds like my date is the first of us 3 so we can test the assumption and see what happens.

SS, it only took NT 2 days to receive the money and get our bond so hopefully yours will all be sorted. They allocated our bond on the 4th of Nov but it took 2 weeks in the post til we received the certificate. You could do what Tincx suggested and email to ask them if everything is ok. We did, and they replied straight away (with the certificate turning up the next day).

Threlly, I agree with SS - DHL were great and again you can track your letter (though the tracking did show strange things like our letter arriving twice at Heathrow!). Expensive but I think worth it, especially given the experiences of others like SS with regular post.

BB
Old Nov 20th 2004, 11:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi there,

Yeah I have followed it up with an email. I expect it will all be fine.

DHL said it arived at Heathrow twice for me as well. I called them and they said that it was nothing to worry about and that it had left the country. Sure enough a few hours later it was scanned as having arrived in Melbourne. Apparently all documents are just put into a big container so not individually scanned when leaving the country.

As for the deadline, my Meds and that had to be back by the end of September and I got my bond request mid October so your theory could be right, although I hope not....I have lodged my bond and my original deadline was 8th December...but they extended it til after Xmas (Jan 12th) because the original form was lost. A grant before Xmas would be great but also not a bad way to start the New Year. If needs be I will just ask my agent to chase it in a couple of weeks.

Cheers

SS

Last edited by SuperSeagulls; Nov 20th 2004 at 11:39 am.
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 8:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi BB, SS

Yes you could be right re the processing. I have until either the 5th or 12th january, i cant remember to lodge my bond, so maybe my case won't be looked at again until then, though i hope not, thats too long to wait. i want to book my flight etc. i shouldn't complain though considering i am post julyer
cheers

We were given the deadline of 10th Nov to lodge the bond and I'm simply taking it that that is probably when the CO will look at our case again. No other reason for assuming this than the fact that it seemed like the CO used our last deadline date to look at our case and proceed to ask for a bond to be bought. We were given a deadline of 20th Sept to get our police checks, medicals, company refs, etc back to the CO. It might have just been a coincidence but it seems the CO didn't look at our files until the deadline was reached with our bond request dated within 2 days of the 20th Sep deadline. I wouldn't think they'd look before the deadline and I'm just hoping they use the deadline dates as review dates. Don't know if you guys have had similar experiences with your deadline dates? Sounds like my date is the first of us 3 so we can test the assumption and see what happens.

SS, it only took NT 2 days to receive the money and get our bond so hopefully yours will all be sorted. They allocated our bond on the 4th of Nov but it took 2 weeks in the post til we received the certificate. You could do what Tincx suggested and email to ask them if everything is ok. We did, and they replied straight away (with the certificate turning up the next day).

Threlly, I agree with SS - DHL were great and again you can track your letter (though the tracking did show strange things like our letter arriving twice at Heathrow!). Expensive but I think worth it, especially given the experiences of others like SS with regular post.

BB[/QUOTE]
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 4:50 pm
Forum Regular

Tincx has a brilliant futureTincx has a brilliant futureTincx has a brilliant futureTincx has a brilliant futureTincx has a brilliant futureTincx has a brilliant futureTincx has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by threlly
Hi BB, SS

Yes you could be right re the processing. I have until either the 5th or 12th january, i cant remember to lodge my bond, so maybe my case won't be looked at again until then, though i hope not, thats too long to wait. i want to book my flight etc. i shouldn't complain though considering i am post julyer
cheers
Hi BB,SS,Threlly.

I think your CO waits for confirmation from the state treasury via the form arriving on their desk, then they take you to Visa. When i emailed my CO to say i had lodged the bond, the reply i got was: thanks for letting me know i will wait for confirmation from QLD and then issue the Visa Grant and sure enough it was, so i dont think they wait until your deadline date to check your file. (not where lodging the bond is concerned).

Ho Ho Ho Merry Christmas!

Cheers Tincx
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 5:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ho ho ho indeed.

Confirmation received today: WATC received the $100k on Wednesday 17th November. Paperwork arived with the registrar on Thursday 18th. It takes 5 days to process so hopefully the CO will have it sometime next week.

Beers n Cheers

SS
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 5:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

PS. I got a rate of 5.15%
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Tincx
Hi BB,SS,Threlly.

I think your CO waits for confirmation from the state treasury via the form arriving on their desk, then they take you to Visa. When i emailed my CO to say i had lodged the bond, the reply i got was: thanks for letting me know i will wait for confirmation from QLD and then issue the Visa Grant and sure enough it was, so i dont think they wait until your deadline date to check your file. (not where lodging the bond is concerned).

Ho Ho Ho Merry Christmas!

Cheers Tincx
Hi Threlly, SS and Tincx

Tincx - Your CO's email was a nice one to get. Ours just said: 'Thank you for your email. I will be in touch shortly. Your patience is appreciated'.

It would be nice for you guys if they don't wait for the deadline, maybe we can be more positive and say the deadline is the latest date they look at the cases, in which case we should all get our visas before Christmas.

Fingers crossed for the next piece of good news!

BB
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 4:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Everythings crossed.

SS