$100K Capital Investment - Guidance please

Old Mar 22nd 2007, 1:30 pm
Forum Regular

showdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really nice
Default $100K Capital Investment - Guidance please

I'm hoping to be requested for my capital investment over the coming weeks and would like to get everything set up ready and have a couple of questions if anyone can help.

1. It looks like WA offers the best rate (currently 6.25%) but it appears now that you must have a bank account in Oz to go with WA, so any idea what the easiest bank to set up an account with? If it's a lot of hassle I may just go with NT as these are currently offering 6.05% ($200 difference in interest over the year).

2. I've been looking at the forms to fill in for lodging your capital investment and you have to list applicants names, so do I need to list everyone on the application (me, wife & two children). or just me and my wife, or just me?
The money will be sent from a joint account (wife & me) if that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance

showdan
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 1:33 pm
Just Joined

besound is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: $100K Capital Investment - Guidance please

Hi, just completed our capital investment. Was also going to use WA - but couldn't set up the bank account in time. So in the end went with NT - really easy, very helpful and very quick too. I think you put the names on the form of the person or persons you want the bonds registered in, so you don't have to include the whole family. As it seemed a useful thing to do anyway went ahead with the bank account and chose Westpac. Commonwealth Bank seems to be recommended on the forum quite often too. Best of luck
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 2:02 pm
Forum Regular

nadine23 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: $100K Capital Investment - Guidance please

Hi there - we are in the same position. Sent out meds and PC's about 6 weeks ago so hoping to be asked for Capital Investment soon. We want to go with the Western Australia one as well as it's the best interest - we've opened a bank account with Westpac - it was really easy. Emailed completed form to Australia on a Thursday and had the account opened on the following Tuesday - Very quick!!!

We are going to put myself and my husband on the form for the investment (we don't have kids) but I would put everyone on - it can't harm!

Good luck!