$100K bond - related Q

Old Oct 22nd 2004, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

nfernand is an unknown quantity at this point
Default $100K bond - related Q

Hi,

Where do I send the money? Is to GPO 7045, Sydney NSW 1115? Could I do a electronic transfer?

How do you get the acknowledgment ?

Thanks !
Old Oct 22nd 2004, 12:55 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: $100K bond - related Q

Assume this is the 100k$ bond for the extra 5 points.

Isnt it the case you have to contact one of the list of states to place your bond in .?

You are free to place the bond in any state - has no bearing on where you will or chose or suggest you might live.

There is a list on the DIMIA website with contact numbers /details, surely you contact them, they send you some sort of application and you sort out the money transfer wiht them ? Then they send proof to Dimia (or you do ).

I dont / didnt think it was Via DIMIA - the website suggests you contact the bond-'holder' direct.

Then after 12mths you can get your money back from them or leave it in if you are loaded and want the interest ;-)
Old Oct 22nd 2004, 1:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by spalen
Assume this is the 100k$ bond for the extra 5 points.

Isnt it the case you have to contact one of the list of states to place your bond in .?

You are free to place the bond in any state - has no bearing on where you will or chose or suggest you might live.

There is a list on the DIMIA website with contact numbers /details, surely you contact them, they send you some sort of application and you sort out the money transfer wiht them ? Then they send proof to Dimia (or you do ).

I dont / didnt think it was Via DIMIA - the website suggests you contact the bond-'holder' direct.

Then after 12mths you can get your money back from them or leave it in if you are loaded and want the interest ;-)
Thanks for the prompt reply, yes it is for 5 bonus points. Yes, the address I mention previously was 5 out of 1 mentioned in DIMIA. I emailed them for more infor, unfortunatly no contact telephone number.

Ta
Old Oct 22nd 2004, 3:44 pm
Forum Regular

Tincx has a brilliant futureTincx has a brilliant futureTincx has a brilliant futureTincx has a brilliant futureTincx has a brilliant futureTincx has a brilliant futureTincx has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by nfernand
Hi,

Where do I send the money? Is to GPO 7045, Sydney NSW 1115? Could I do a electronic transfer?

Thanks !
No, dont send your hard earned money there!

In Booklet 6 for Skilled Migration (download from DIMIA Site) there is a list of all the state treasuries you can invest in. Basically email each one asking for their interest rates, pick the best then email them for the application.

The application is very straight forward, just a couple of questions as to where you want you interest payments made too etc..

You transfer the money to the state treasury you have chosen by cheque or wire transfer. Fax the application, wire transfer request from your bank (if used) and the DIMIA form which DIMIA have signed and authorised you to make the bond investment. Fax it to the State Treasury NOT DIMIA and then post the original docs it to the State Treasury. No Need to get DIMIA involved in this one as the state Treasury will contact them to let them know you have made the payment.

Then around 4 weeks later - VISA GRANT

Good Luck
Old Oct 22nd 2004, 4:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

Hi Tincx,

Has it sunk in yet?

I am still waiting for 1134 to turn up in the post....hopefully will be soon, then I can get on with this.

SS
Old Oct 22nd 2004, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

Tincx has a brilliant futureTincx has a brilliant futureTincx has a brilliant futureTincx has a brilliant futureTincx has a brilliant futureTincx has a brilliant futureTincx has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by SuperSeagulls
Hi Tincx,

Has it sunk in yet?

I am still waiting for 1134 to turn up in the post....hopefully will be soon, then I can get on with this.

SS
Hi SS

Not Yet, maybe when the visa actually gets placed in the passport thats what i am looking forward to the most. Its weird, maybe im the only one, but gettings meds/pcc then the bond request made me more excited and relieved.. I suppose its the not knowing that makes it intense, i am of course over the moon i got the visa

Let me know how you get on SS and nfernand.
Old Oct 22nd 2004, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

gazzer is an unknown quantity at this point

SS

With all the technology available it amazes me they can't send you a copy with the relevant bit filled in by them via the www?

Gaz
Old Oct 23rd 2004, 4:41 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bonus points for lodging A$100,000

This commentary might help:
http://www.gomatilda.com/news/article.cfm?articleid=155

Best regards.

Originally Posted by nfernand
Hi,

Thanks !
Old Oct 23rd 2004, 12:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice
Default Re: Bonus points for lodging A$100,000

Just a quick question...what would happen if you were to use a copy of Form 1134 that hadnt been filled in by the CO (even though the bond had been requested). Would the Treasury refuse to process this?

Cheers

SS
Old Oct 23rd 2004, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

Just a quick question...what would happen if you were to use a copy of Form 1134 that hadnt been filled in by the CO (even though the bond had been requested). Would the Treasury refuse to process this?

Cheers

SS
Hi SS

Your CO has to sign and date it, so the treasury wouldnt accept the money and DIMIA would not accept the form, best to wait for it in the mail.

On the bright side, the exchange rate moving in your favor 2.47 at the last look up 2 cents this week !
Old Oct 23rd 2004, 4:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yeah, thats what I thought...just thought I'd see if anyone else manged it ok with a 1134 not signed by CO.

The xchange rate is causing me a bit of concern, I havent bought my currency yet although HIFX can do that at the drop of a hat..I'll do it when I get 1134 through. In hinsight (a wonderful thing) I should have captured the rate a month or two ago when it was 2.6!!

Cheers

SS
Old Oct 23rd 2004, 4:35 pm
Forum Regular

Yeah, thats what I thought...just thought I'd see if anyone else manged it ok with a 1134 not signed by CO.

The xchange rate is causing me a bit of concern, I havent bought my currency yet although HIFX can do that at the drop of a hat..I'll do it when I get 1134 through. In hinsight (a wonderful thing) I should have captured the rate a month or two ago when it was 2.6!!

Cheers

SS
Yeah but come October/Novemeber 2005 you might be looking at 2.20 or less, you only lose/gain when you convert back to Sterling and at 2.20 then will make you a tidy profit
Old Oct 23rd 2004, 5:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thats a good point mate, but I cant see the dollar ever getting that low. Historically it is ~2.5. But there's nowt any of us can do about it? Getting the visa is the most important thing. Its just a bit frustrating knowing I'd have saved some more dosh if I'd gambled that I'd get the request and captured the rate when it was high.

What rate did you get? Was it 2.5? And how are you getting the money bacK. Via cheque or into an Oz account?

Cheers

SS
Old Oct 23rd 2004, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

Thats a good point mate, but I cant see the dollar ever getting that low. Historically it is ~2.5. But there's nowt any of us can do about it? Getting the visa is the most important thing. Its just a bit frustrating knowing I'd have saved some more dosh if I'd gambled that I'd get the request and captured the rate when it was high.

What rate did you get? Was it 2.5? And how are you getting the money bacK. Via cheque or into an Oz account?

Cheers

SS
Not So, Just checked and in the past 8 years its gone from 2.00 to 2.80, you are right that at the moment it has been hovering at 2.50 and above for a few years, but i would hazard a guess that the pound will get weaker and the aussie dollar will get stronger, the magic question is when?

I got 2.5 by the way and was abit fustrated like yourself when i saw it at 2.70, but i did not have the money to convert then so i cant complain.

I asked for cheque to my UK address, but as soon as i get out there i will apply for a TFN and update the Bond Information with my TFN and Oz Bank Account Details for direct transfer into that.
Old Oct 24th 2004, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

Cheers

SS
Exchange rate in Dec 2002 was 2.7, more to improve I suppose and I suppose it will.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.