Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

$100k Bond/Capital Investment - The low down!

$100k Bond/Capital Investment - The low down!

Old Feb 7th 2006, 11:58 am
BE Enthusiast

gavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nice
Default $100k Bond/Capital Investment - The low down!

$100k State Bond – How we did it! (for anyone who might be interested):

We have now chosen WA to invest our $100k bond and after a few days, it’s all done and dusted! Here’s how we completed it:

1. Researched the best Australian state to invest with (http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/1119.pdf page 41) and chose Western Australia for their competitive interest rate and recommendations from other BritishExpats members.
2. We then researched the best company to convert and transfer the necessary funds. We chose Monycorp (www.moneycorp.com), as they were very helpful and gave the best exchange rate without even haggling! It was also very easy to set up our trading account…
3. After a few days of watching the AUD exchange rate, we secured the exchange rate at $2.355 with our dealer. Not great, but it was the best on the day!
4. Faxed the DIMIA Form 1134 (ensure that Part 1 has been signed by your CO – very important!) and the WA State Bond Application form to the WA Treasury & Computershare. Computershare manage the investment on behalf of WA and all the details are included in the information pack supplied (email: [email protected] for the pack). Then posted originals to Computershare in Melbourne as instructed via courier (http://www.interparcel.com/).
5. Transferred funds to Moneycorp via a CHAPS payment (same day transfer) from our bank account.
6. Moneycorp receive the funds and the next day transfer $100k to WA bank account.
7. Moneycorp confirm transfer and we emailed WA Treasury to let them know our transfer completed.
8. WA Treasury confirms receipt via email and within 5 working days Computershare issue certificate of investment.
9. Computershare then inform DIMIA of receipt of investment by completing the Form 1134 and posting direct to them.

Glad it’s all completed and we’re now waiting for response from DIMIA… Hope this of use to people!

Gav
Old Feb 7th 2006, 3:53 pm
Forum Regular

mutang is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: $100k Bond/Capital Investment - The low down!

Thanks for your very helpful post , is there a typical time between getting meds request and having to pay the bond ?
I'm in the situation where i have to borrow the bond money , and as it takes several weeks to get the money it would be useful to know roughly when i need the money...

Jim
Old Feb 8th 2006, 1:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

gavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nice

Originally Posted by mutang
Thanks for your very helpful post, is there a typical time between getting meds request and having to pay the bond?
I'm in the situation where i have to borrow the bond money, and as it takes several weeks to get the money it would be useful to know roughly when i need the money...

Jim
Hi Jim

I'd say around 1 to 2 months from them receiving the meds back, but only DIMIA know for sure.... They do give you a deadline to pay the bond when its requested and they gave us 6 weeks, which was tight!

Suggest when your meds are actually sent back, you start the process of getting the funds together.

Gav

PS. They do ask you to declare where the funds come from as well...
Old Feb 8th 2006, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

daisymoo is just really nicedaisymoo is just really nicedaisymoo is just really nicedaisymoo is just really nicedaisymoo is just really nicedaisymoo is just really nicedaisymoo is just really nicedaisymoo is just really nicedaisymoo is just really nicedaisymoo is just really nicedaisymoo is just really nice

Originally Posted by gavstrad

We have now chosen WA to invest our $100k bond and after a few days, it’s all done and dusted! Here’s how we completed it:

1. Researched the best Australian state to invest with (http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/1119.pdf page 41) and chose Western Australia for their competitive interest rate and recommendations from other BritishExpats members.
2. We then researched the best company to convert and transfer the necessary funds. We chose Monycorp (www.moneycorp.com), as they were very helpful and gave the best exchange rate without even haggling! It was also very easy to set up our trading account…
3. After a few days of watching the AUD exchange rate, we secured the exchange rate at $2.355 with our dealer. Not great, but it was the best on the day!
4. Faxed the DIMIA Form 1134 (ensure that Part 1 has been signed by your CO – very important!) and the WA State Bond Application form to the WA Treasury & Computershare. Computershare manage the investment on behalf of WA and all the details are included in the information pack supplied (email: [email protected] for the pack). Then posted originals to Computershare in Melbourne as instructed via courier (http://www.interparcel.com/).
5. Transferred funds to Moneycorp via a CHAPS payment (same day transfer) from our bank account.
6. Moneycorp receive the funds and the next day transfer $100k to WA bank account.
7. Moneycorp confirm transfer and we emailed WA Treasury to let them know our transfer completed.
8. WA Treasury confirms receipt via email and within 5 working days Computershare issue certificate of investment.
9. Computershare then inform DIMIA of receipt of investment by completing the Form 1134 and posting direct to them.

Glad it’s all completed and we’re now waiting for response from DIMIA… Hope this of use to people!

Gav

Hi there
I dont want to sound thick as i have done quite a lot of research on emigrating (obviously not enough) but why do some people have to pay the bond and others dont. Friends of ours have just been granted PR to WA on an RSMS visa and it took 8 months start to finish with no agent or problems or hassle.

Carol
Old Feb 8th 2006, 9:26 pm

chris n will become famous soon enoughchris n will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by daisymoo
Hi there
I dont want to sound thick as i have done quite a lot of research on emigrating (obviously not enough) but why do some people have to pay the bond and others dont. Friends of ours have just been granted PR to WA on an RSMS visa and it took 8 months start to finish with no agent or problems or hassle.

Carol
Depends how many points you have - investing AUS$100k is one way to get an extra five points. It got us our visa.

Chris
Old Feb 8th 2006, 9:44 pm
No longer waiting....

crawling is a name known to allcrawling is a name known to allcrawling is a name known to allcrawling is a name known to allcrawling is a name known to allcrawling is a name known to allcrawling is a name known to allcrawling is a name known to allcrawling is a name known to allcrawling is a name known to allcrawling is a name known to all

Originally Posted by daisymoo
Hi there
I dont want to sound thick as i have done quite a lot of research on emigrating (obviously not enough) but why do some people have to pay the bond and others dont.
Paying the £100k bond is worth 5 extra points on the points test. "If you are seeking bonus points for capital investment you only need to declare this in your application".

If you don't need these extra 5 points to reach the pass mark you wouldn't bother.
Old Feb 9th 2006, 4:25 am
BE Enthusiast

obiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to behold

Gav,

thanks for sharing that!
Old Feb 9th 2006, 7:07 am
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

I used WATC as well....all very easy, and my interest and investment was repaid without any problems at all.

SS
Old Feb 9th 2006, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

daisymoo is just really nicedaisymoo is just really nicedaisymoo is just really nicedaisymoo is just really nicedaisymoo is just really nicedaisymoo is just really nicedaisymoo is just really nicedaisymoo is just really nicedaisymoo is just really nicedaisymoo is just really nicedaisymoo is just really nice
Thumbs up Re: $100k Bond/Capital Investment - The low down!

Originally Posted by SuperSeagulls
I used WATC as well....all very easy, and my interest and investment was repaid without any problems at all.

SS
we too want falmer well my husband and son do, are you from brighton? if so whereabouts
Old Apr 26th 2006, 1:42 am
PTM
Forum Regular

PTM is an unknown quantity at this point

Gav

Hi Gav,

Have you made your first entry to OZ? If you have, did you apply for a TRN for your capital investment?

Look forward to hear from you...

PTM
Old Apr 26th 2006, 11:22 am
No longer waiting....

crawling is a name known to allcrawling is a name known to allcrawling is a name known to allcrawling is a name known to allcrawling is a name known to allcrawling is a name known to allcrawling is a name known to allcrawling is a name known to allcrawling is a name known to allcrawling is a name known to allcrawling is a name known to all

$100k State Bond – How we did it! (for anyone who might be interested
Good post - worth revisiting
Old Jul 20th 2006, 10:36 am
Oxford - SEQ August 07

Urno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really nice

I've got a successful skills assessment, and trying to choose my visa.

I've an uncle/cousin i could use, but as they've not been working recently (impending retirement/child-rearing respectively) i'm worried that they won't be good AoS's and might hinder that application.

So, thinking about the 136, which i'm 5 pts short of, and considering the 100,000 investment.

Am i right in thinking that you *must* provide the investment *before* being issued the visa? I can't get access to my capital until i flog my house.....

TIA.
Old Jul 20th 2006, 11:39 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Urno
I've got a successful skills assessment, and trying to choose my visa.

I've an uncle/cousin i could use, but as they've not been working recently (impending retirement/child-rearing respectively) i'm worried that they won't be good AoS's and might hinder that application.

So, thinking about the 136, which i'm 5 pts short of, and considering the 100,000 investment.

Am i right in thinking that you *must* provide the investment *before* being issued the visa? I can't get access to my capital until i flog my house.....
No investment, no visa. Have you thought of borrowing against the equity in your property pending sale, many people do this.

But really you should get some good professional advice to see if applying sponsored is still an option, for example, can a non-family member do the Assurance of Support?
Old Jul 20th 2006, 11:45 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crawling
Paying the £100k bond is worth 5 extra points on the points test. "If you are seeking bonus points for capital investment you only need to declare this in your application".

If you don't need these extra 5 points to reach the pass mark you wouldn't bother.

And not every skilled visa is points tested to begin with. RSMS is not.
Old Sep 14th 2006, 5:24 pm
Back to WA! Yay!

mark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud of

Gav
Cheers Gav very helpful.

Can anyone help with these two questions..
- It asks for a bank for the interest - of course i dont have one just yet as i havent moved. Can i make the cheque option, give my address here in the UK then at a later date change the address and provide the bank details.
- The form also asks for a TFN or Exemption - Any idea what to put here?

Thanks

Mark

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.