$100,000 Bond

Old Jul 27th 2005, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

Daren is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up $100,000 Bond

We have just received the request for our bond payment.Does anybody know which is the best state treasury to use,and also how to go about it?
Any infomation would be appreciated.
Cheers, Daren
Old Jul 27th 2005, 10:35 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: $100,000 Bond

Originally Posted by Daren
We have just received the request for our bond payment.Does anybody know which is the best state treasury to use,and also how to go about it?
Any infomation would be appreciated.
Cheers, Daren
Wmoore posted a few weeks back that WA was the easiest and quickest to deal with but were offering slightly less in the way of interest.
Old Jul 27th 2005, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

brutus has a brilliant futurebrutus has a brilliant futurebrutus has a brilliant futurebrutus has a brilliant futurebrutus has a brilliant futurebrutus has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by wargod
Wmoore posted a few weeks back that WA was the easiest and quickest to deal with but were offering slightly less in the way of interest.
How long from the initial request do you have to lodge the bond?

What's the time limit?

Thanks,
B
Old Jul 27th 2005, 12:42 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wargod
Correct! And by slightly less interest, WA's rate was only 0.1% less than the highest rate I found at 5.2%.
Old Jul 27th 2005, 12:43 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brutus
How long from the initial request do you have to lodge the bond?

What's the time limit?

Thanks,
B
It says on the letter - I think it's 45 days. Bear in mind the time it takes to process too. Mine took about 3 weeks from the cash leaving my account to the paperwork landing on the CO's desk. That was around July 1st though so maybe it will be slightly quicker now.
Old Jul 27th 2005, 12:57 pm
Off to Perth in early Oct

youcanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the rough

Have a look in booklet 6 from the www.immi.gov.au site. It has emails/websites for all of the states. Like wmoore, I used WA as well and couldn't fault them. Very helpful and speedy.

I used www.ozforex.com.au to convert my pounds to dollars and couldn't fault them either.

Basically, I emailed the WA people who sent me an application form and very simple step by step instructions. I filled that the application form, filled out part 2 of the form sent to me by DIMIA. Faxed the forms to the 2 places mentioned in the WA instructions. Arranged for the money to be sent to the account details supplied by WA. Posted the original forms to them. Very straight forward.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Old Jul 27th 2005, 12:59 pm

youcanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the rough

Hi wmoore,

It's no quicker now, but maybe that depends on who your CO is. My bond was started (ie. money & original forms received and processed) on 1st July. I received my confirmation 2 weeks later. CO confirmed that they have their confirmation last week, but still waiting for the visa issue.
Old Jul 27th 2005, 1:01 pm
What's happening dudes?

Originally Posted by youcanlaugh
Hi wmoore,

It's no quicker now, but maybe that depends on who your CO is. My bond was started (ie. money & original forms received and processed) on 1st July. I received my confirmation 2 weeks later. CO confirmed that they have their confirmation last week, but still waiting for the visa issue.
My CO told me that it might take "a few weeks" for the paperwork to land on is desk after arriving at DIMIA towers

My bond was paid June 16th and vsa granted July 8th.
Old Jul 27th 2005, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by wmoore
My CO told me that it might take "a few weeks" for the paperwork to land on is desk after arriving at DIMIA towers

My bond was paid June 16th and vsa granted July 8th.
I was kind of hoping that they would issue the visa as soon as they got the confirmation on their desk as I have heard they only issue the bond request when everything else is sorted. Mine has been on the COs desk now for at least a week. ZZZzzz. Chased them again this morning, so hopefully that might provoke some form of reaction for tomorrow.
Old Jul 27th 2005, 1:15 pm
What's happening dudes?

I was kind of hoping that they would issue the visa as soon as they got the confirmation on their desk as I have heard they only issue the bond request when everything else is sorted. Mine has been on the COs desk now for at least a week. ZZZzzz. Chased them again this morning, so hopefully that might provoke some form of reaction for tomorrow.
I had emailed my CO on Thursday and he said it wasn't on his desk but then he emailed me Friday with visa grant but like most things with this crazy process, it depends on your CO.
Old Jul 27th 2005, 1:58 pm
Forum Regular

brutus has a brilliant futurebrutus has a brilliant futurebrutus has a brilliant futurebrutus has a brilliant futurebrutus has a brilliant futurebrutus has a brilliant future

Say you don't have the money though, do they give you any time to get it together?
Old Jul 27th 2005, 2:02 pm

Say you don't have the money though, do they give you any time to get it together?
Not usually. The letter states that extesions are not usually granted, so you only get the 45 days (or whatever is was. 45 rings a bell).
Old Jul 27th 2005, 2:35 pm
Forum Regular

Daren is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for that info.I have emailed WA,so will just have to wait for reply.
They have given me a time limit of 49 days.The whole process is one big waiting game,so another 49 days will make no differance.
Old Jul 27th 2005, 2:39 pm
Forum Regular

Not usually. The letter states that extesions are not usually granted, so you only get the 45 days (or whatever is was. 45 rings a bell).
So you basically need that money ready before you begin the process, thats a bit harsh.
Old Jul 27th 2005, 2:48 pm

So you basically need that money ready before you begin the process, thats a bit harsh.
Depends how you look at it I guess. I can see it from both sides. In a slowing house market, it could take ages to sell a house and get your hands on those funds, so how long can DIMIA be expected to wait. Not sure if there is any small print on the visa application/booklet 6 stating the funds must be available when you are asked for them.

I don't know what has happened where people are trying to sell their house and can't. Saying that, the entire UK house selling/purchase system totally screws up any chance of getting hold of any funds quickly even if the sale goes through "quickly".

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.