WTR visas-salary requirements???

Old Feb 28th 2013, 7:16 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation WTR visas-salary requirements???

Just looking through the requirements for the WTR visas to answer a question and found that there are no salary requirements needed to apply for a WTR visa under the LTSSL category, nor could I see a reference back to any requirements. The minimum $55,000 yearly salary is only mentioned under the Talent [accredited employer] section.

Is this something new or have I just missed it all these years. Or have I missed it in the OM?
BEVS?? Any thoughts?
Old Feb 28th 2013, 11:25 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: WTR visas-salary requirements???

I had this straight in my head about a gazillion years ago.

Don't take this as gospel.

With an occupation on the LTSSL I believe the salary offered needs to be at the current market rate. So, if someone would choose the 2 yr WTR route then - not sure why they would unless didn't feel they had enough points - a 'going rate' salary would apply.

With the WTR ref. accredited employers, I think that this also includes those occupations not on the skilled occupation list, so the salary is set to $55K to ensure that a certain level only of employee can apply.

However if someone takes up a job with an accredited employer and so has a WTR visa , they then can go straight for residency once here and working provided they have the points.

Not forgetting that there was the WTR visa where NZIS offered an SMC applicant a WTR route rather than offer them residency straight off. THese days it is more straightforwardly called a job search visa.

Overly tired today so that probably makes no sense at all.
Old Mar 1st 2013, 6:04 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks BEVS
That makes sense, just surprised I hadn't seen it or realised it before.

I remember those days of having two types of WTR visa which were completely different, unnecessarily confusing!
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

northeastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Persephone
I remember those days of having two types of WTR visa which were completely different, unnecessarily confusing!
Bet those were the days! And they saying they're making it easier?
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

UKQS has much to be proud ofUKQS has much to be proud ofUKQS has much to be proud ofUKQS has much to be proud ofUKQS has much to be proud ofUKQS has much to be proud ofUKQS has much to be proud ofUKQS has much to be proud ofUKQS has much to be proud ofUKQS has much to be proud ofUKQS has much to be proud of

My profession is on the LTSSL, and should have enough points on a EOI . I am currently on a working holiday visa, what are the advantages or disadvantages of choosing between the WTR or applying directly through an EOI?

Thanks in advance
Old Mar 4th 2013, 3:18 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Originally Posted by UKQS
My profession is on the LTSSL, and should have enough points on a EOI . I am currently on a working holiday visa, what are the advantages or disadvantages of choosing between the WTR or applying directly through an EOI?

Thanks in advance
Assuming you can apply for either...
The WTR does not take anywhere near as long to be processed so it usually depends on when a job starts. For you, it may depend on when your current visa expires. Some apply for this and residency at the same time so they can start a job on time.
It takes two years on a WTR [work] visa before you can apply for residency. You are tied to that job and if you want to change then you need to work for another accredited employer or have a job on the LTSSL. With residency you can do whatever job you want.
Cost???Not sure whether WTR works out cheaper overall or not
You have to have been a resident for two years before you can apply for a Permanent Resident Visa [only certain WTR applicants can go straight to PRV-accredited employer earning >90K pa] so if you're on a WTR visa this then can take four years. A PRV means you no longer have to spend time in NZ, you can leave for as long as you like and still return and take up residency.
That's all I can come up with at the moment