WP + a multiple entry visa

Old Sep 20th 2010, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

Location: From Salisbury, UK to Auckland, NZ - now back in the UK!
celeliza is a jewel in the roughceleliza is a jewel in the roughceleliza is a jewel in the roughceleliza is a jewel in the rough
Default WP + a multiple entry visa

Hi,

Please can anyone tell me that applying for a work permit (under partnership) with a multiple entry visa costs $280 altogether? I am really confused because someone told me I need to pay $280 each for the permit AND the visa.

I will be applying for a WP under Partnership from NZ and hoping to visit to the UK for a holiday next year. I really don't want to pay the double amount since we haven't got definate dates to fly out.

Cheers.
Claire
Old Sep 20th 2010, 9:51 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WP + a multiple entry visa

You apply and pay the fee for a visa, the visa gets turned into a permit on arrival in NZ (with no further payment).
Old Sep 20th 2010, 11:20 pm
Forum Regular

Location: From Salisbury, UK to Auckland, NZ - now back in the UK!
celeliza is a jewel in the roughceleliza is a jewel in the roughceleliza is a jewel in the roughceleliza is a jewel in the rough

So, in order to get a multiple entry visa and WP to be granted (say before Christmas) for the same fee, I would need to leave NZ and return so the WP will be activated on arrival? Then I can still use my multiple entry visa until it expires?
Old Sep 20th 2010, 11:44 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Not quite, if granted as a multiple entry visa then your work visa IS the multiple entry visa, on arrival you get the permit but the multi-entry still applies...