Work to residence visa (talent policy)

Old Feb 10th 2010, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

SweetyStacey is just really niceSweetyStacey is just really niceSweetyStacey is just really niceSweetyStacey is just really niceSweetyStacey is just really niceSweetyStacey is just really niceSweetyStacey is just really niceSweetyStacey is just really nice
Default Work to residence visa (talent policy)

I'm looking for some advice if anyone can give me any...i'm trying to find an easy way for my fiance to get into NZ. I was looking at the skilled migrant category but he will have just gotten his diploma and have under a years experience before we expect to leave the UK so he won't have the years of experience that the SM visa asks.

He's a musician and has been studying music for 3 years since leaving school and hopes to have a drum tutition job at a local college by this summer.

The talent policy in the work to residence category says that for them to consider him he must have international reputation and record of excellance...now he isn't a superstar known world wide so surely they can't mean that?? Lol he's been offered a place in a New Zealand band as the drummer who also have their own small label/producing company and he's been to music events in America where musicians like Jimi Hendrix's cousin Regi Hendrix has worked with him if that counts for anything?? lol

I'm probably just clutching at straws here but any help me with anything??

Thanks in advance
Old Feb 10th 2010, 9:14 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Work to residence visa (talent policy)

How are you yourself emigrating to NZ ? I remember that you mentioned your family in a previous post.

Do you live with your fiancé?
Old Feb 10th 2010, 9:16 pm
Forum Regular

SweetyStacey is just really niceSweetyStacey is just really niceSweetyStacey is just really niceSweetyStacey is just really niceSweetyStacey is just really niceSweetyStacey is just really niceSweetyStacey is just really niceSweetyStacey is just really nice

Sorry bev i keep posting in the wrong bit all the time!

Emm from what i've been told I will be able to get in under my dads visa just as my mum is, and no I don't live with my fiance.
Old Feb 10th 2010, 10:28 pm
`

Are you classed as a dependant child then ...... not suggesting you are a child of course.
Old Feb 10th 2010, 10:46 pm
Forum Regular

Lol I know well I live with my parents and I'm unemployed and they're money keeps me alive so yes I would say I was haha plus I have a disability so that ties in with it I guess.
Old Feb 10th 2010, 10:56 pm
`

OOps. Hope it didn't read as being a right nosey mare.

I was just exploring visa options in my head.

He wouldn't be eligible for the Talent visa Stacey.

Are your parents applying under the skilled migrant category?

I was looking at the skilled migrant category but he will have just gotten his diploma and have under a years experience before we expect to leave the UK so he won't have the years of experience that the SM visa asks.
I see you have said your fiancé is a musician . Does he have an occupation other than that. What is his diploma for.

You know, he could always come to NZ on a working holiday visa .

Last edited by BEVS; Feb 10th 2010 at 11:00 pm.
Old Feb 10th 2010, 11:10 pm
Forum Regular

No he doesn't have another occupation, he went straight to studying music from school. It's a Higher National Diploma is in Music in general, the course covered heavily in music theory and performance. He was told that if he got his diploma that he would be given the chance to be the drum tutor in a college and whilst he was there he could finish his degree whilst working there (the other drum tutor there is currently doing just that).

My parents haven't spoken to anyone about it yet, but from what we've read it would be the Skilled Migrant yes, my dad is a carpenter/joiner and he sent off an eligibility quickcheck thing to the Emmigration Group and they said from what he's said, it looks very promising that he would get that visa.

If he came over on a working holiday visa, he wouldn't be able to apply for residence would he? Plus he would have to leave after a certain amount of time??
Old Feb 11th 2010, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

Would he actually be able to get the skilled migrant visa at all? Just looking at the list of skilled occupations you put up Bevs..says Music teacher private tuition?
Old Feb 11th 2010, 10:04 pm
Forum Regular

Sarah1999 is an unknown quantity at this point

Not to sure if this would work but if you come to NZ on a SM visa and he came on a 2 year WHV visa, if you guys got married within that 2 year period, he may be able to stay in NZ on your SM visa (if there's a family category on the SM visa that is). Just a thought...
Old Feb 11th 2010, 10:27 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks sarah...that could be an option. Wouldn't know if it was possible until we were over there though...financially and such.

I've been doing more research (hours of research goes into immigration doesn't it haha) and I found the "Talent (accredited employers) work policy" which grants a visa/permit to work in new zealand for upto 30 months if you have a job offer from one of the listed accredited employers. Many of the employers are Universitys dotted all over NZ.

Possibility??