Work to residence or EOI

Old Jul 12th 2007, 8:10 pm
patience...is a virtue!!!

reecefam has a brilliant futurereecefam has a brilliant futurereecefam has a brilliant futurereecefam has a brilliant futurereecefam has a brilliant futurereecefam has a brilliant future
Default Work to residence or EOI

Hi,
Got a job offer from an accreditted employer over in Auckland, have been advised just to apply for a "Work to residence" visa but then i see everyone talking about doing an EOI and then hoping your picked from the pool.
If it helps, i have got 115 points when i look at the EOI.
I am very confused as what to do!!!
Thanks.
Old Jul 12th 2007, 8:23 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: Work to residence or EOI

Originally Posted by reecefam
Hi,
Got a job offer from an accreditted employer over in Auckland, have been advised just to apply for a "Work to residence" visa but then i see everyone talking about doing an EOI and then hoping your picked from the pool.
If it helps, i have got 115 points when i look at the EOI.
I am very confused as what to do!!!
Thanks.
WTR might be the way to go as with 115 points you may well languish in the pool for an extended time.

Alternatively you could come on a temporary work permit and then submit an EOI in New Zealand.

Good luck.
Old Jul 12th 2007, 10:26 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by happynz
WTR might be the way to go as with 115 points you may well languish in the pool for an extended time.

Alternatively you could come on a temporary work permit and then submit an EOI in New Zealand.

Good luck.

You should get pulled from the pool straight away with 115 points & a job offer We did, 115 points. Went in the pool on 19th December, got pulled on the 20th & received our ITA on 28th December.

Hope that helps
Old Jul 12th 2007, 10:50 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
You should get pulled from the pool straight away with 115 points & a job offer We did, 115 points. Went in the pool on 19th December, got pulled on the 20th & received our ITA on 28th December.

Hope that helps
Wow, I guess having the job offer makes all the difference, eh? Cool.
Old Jul 12th 2007, 11:02 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by happynz
Wow, I guess having the job offer makes all the difference, eh? Cool.
Too right I think the word 'accrediated' (sp) helps too with the application, IMHO
Old Jul 13th 2007, 3:02 am
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light

I was in a similar position about 8-9 weeks ago....

I had the job offer and went down the WTR route. I don't know the difference in processing times, but from start to finish only took about 8 weeks.

Don't know if this helps any, but if you want any more info. while it's fresh in my mind just let me know.

All the Best
Old Jul 13th 2007, 3:40 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by garryhg
I was in a similar position about 8-9 weeks ago....

I had the job offer and went down the WTR route. I don't know the difference in processing times, but from start to finish only took about 8 weeks.

Don't know if this helps any, but if you want any more info. while it's fresh in my mind just let me know.

All the Best

I would suggest that if your application is straightforward, then do the PR route. You have to provide the same info for both applications,police checks, medicals etc & the processing time seems around the same time.

We received our ITA on 28th December & got blue stickers 20th March. Ours took so long because my medical history got referred to the consultant physician who then decided that he wanted additional info ( that & our Case Officer kept buggering off every 3rd week!!)

HTH
Old Jul 13th 2007, 5:08 am

reecefam has a brilliant futurereecefam has a brilliant futurereecefam has a brilliant futurereecefam has a brilliant futurereecefam has a brilliant futurereecefam has a brilliant future

Thanks for that info...can you tell me whether, when you get into NZ and are living there, are there any differences if you are on a Visa, via the work to, or if i go down the EOI route?
Old Jul 13th 2007, 5:34 am

Originally Posted by reecefam
Thanks for that info...can you tell me whether, when you get into NZ and are living there, are there any differences if you are on a Visa, via the work to, or if I go down the EOI route?
If you come in on the WTR you'll have certain restrictions on your permit. If you come in with a Permanent Resident's visa you'll be issued a Resident's Permit allowing you to stay in New Zealand indefinitely. Also, if you have PR you will be eligible to vote after one year's residency. You will also have access to certain social welfare benefits.
I'm not sure if that answers your question.
Old Jul 13th 2007, 5:37 am

Sorry...being thick this morning...PR route???
Old Jul 13th 2007, 5:46 am

I reckon PR is better. However, when do you start your new job? That may have a bearing on what you apply for. If push comes to shove you could get a temporary one year work visa (permit issued at the airport) and do the PR rigamarole here in New Zealand.
Old Jul 13th 2007, 5:52 am

My head is now working...Perm. Resd.!! I think i will go down the EOI route to start with and if i do not hear something within 8 weeks, i will go down the WTR route.
I do not start my job until December, so have got a little bit of time!
Old Jul 13th 2007, 8:41 pm

December then? Well, get cracking on filling in the EOI online. It costs you nothing until you submit. Get those police clearances started and book your medical examinations. Also, get every scrap of paper imaginable that will be used as evidence to support your application. You have about four or five months until you are scheduled to get over here and start your new job. You have time, but don't put it off much longer.