Work references for Skilled Migrant Visa

Old Dec 6th 2013, 4:03 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Work references for Skilled Migrant Visa

not sure for the temp work visa. will ask OH when he gets in
Old Dec 6th 2013, 4:29 am

MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

no police certificate for the temp visa but not sure if you actually need one or if the guy at the Immigration just let him off that as well cos the EOI was in and up for selection
Old Dec 6th 2013, 4:38 am

no police required if less than 2 yrs

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...ply/essential/
Old Dec 6th 2013, 7:45 pm
Just Joined

chezzie is an unknown quantity at this point

Just tried the link but it doesn't work. Are you able to do another?

So has the consultant got us doing all this work such as police certs, proof of relationship, job references for no need? As all we wanted as told to her was temp visas so can get on with work and sort resi out after, but she tells me can't get temp visas without all this stuff!!

Thanks for your help.
We are going to Chch Sunday night so I will have to go to immigration office down there?
Old Dec 6th 2013, 8:45 pm

Immi website down atm, try link later?
Old Dec 9th 2013, 6:21 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chezzie
Just tried the link but it doesn't work. Are you able to do another?

So has the consultant got us doing all this work such as police certs, proof of relationship, job references for no need? As all we wanted as told to her was temp visas so can get on with work and sort resi out after, but she tells me can't get temp visas without all this stuff!!

Thanks for your help.
We are going to Chch Sunday night so I will have to go to immigration office down there?
What you need for a temporary visa:
*Police certificates if intending to stay longer than 24mth http://glossary.immigration.govt.nz/Goodcharacter.htm
*Medicals: if staying for longer than 12mth [these remain 'active' for 36mth so you reuse them for a SMC application] http://glossary.immigration.govt.nz/...stemporary.htm
*Proof of relationship is so that you can get an 'open' work visa on the back of your husband's work visa
*Job references are so that he is considered skilled at the job he is applying for.
Requirements you must meet

In addition to meeting our health and character requirements, you will need to prove that you are suitably qualified for the position by showing evidence of qualifications or training you have undertaken or work experience you have gained. When assessing whether you are suitably qualified for a position, we will consider whether you have the qualifications and/or work experience described as the prerequisite for the occupation on the ANZSCO.
http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...entialwork.htm
Hope this explains it
P
Old Dec 9th 2013, 9:36 pm
Just Joined

chezzie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
Thanks for that, explains a bit.
When you submit EOI form do you need to send in all these documents as well such as police cert, medicals etc?