Whoop whoop, OH has been offered a job

Old Feb 28th 2013, 4:57 am
BE Enthusiast

moonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to behold
Default Whoop whoop, OH has been offered a job

Whilst waiting for our (failed) LTBV decision the OH applied for a job with The Department of Internal Affairs in Wellington. He had the interview last week and they rung the next day to say he had got through the interview stage and needed to complete psychometric tests. They went on to say that there was a more senior, managerial role that is being advertised and they would like him to apply for that, oh go on then
Well at 4.30 this morning they rung to say he has got the original job he applied for but they will hold it until the process is complete for the second job,
They are an accredited company so we will be applying for a WTR visa

Out of the ashes a Phoenix rises
Old Feb 28th 2013, 5:04 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whoop whoop, OH has been offered a job

that is fantastic news so so pleased for you guys.

Now you need to be deciding where you want to live etc, how exciting for you. If we can be of any help let me know you deserve an easy ride from now on
Old Feb 28th 2013, 6:24 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Old Feb 28th 2013, 6:25 am

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute

Result! Well done guys!
Old Feb 28th 2013, 6:46 am
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute

Fab news - onwards and upwards
Old Feb 28th 2013, 7:14 am
Forum Regular

janiejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond repute

Yay! A colleague of mine is leaving to go there, it sounds like a nice place to work. Really glad you guys had a good outcome, and Welly is a great place to work.
Old Feb 28th 2013, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

northeastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond repute

Wow! Luck of the draw, eh! I'm stoked for you guys and hope you get out there and just have the best damn time of your lives!
Old Feb 28th 2013, 3:53 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent news! Many congratulations
Old Feb 28th 2013, 5:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

moonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to behold

Thanks guys for all the messages, I sure it is just the start of many, but worrys have already set in re INZ not giving us a visa, the job offer not fitting into one of the jobs on the LTSSL etc. etc. once bitten twice shy and all that
We are hoping to be able to submit our WTR at the beginning of April.

MrsFychan, when re originally looked at Wellington, your area, Porriura appealed to us, how long is the car/train journey to the CBD and how far is it from the beach lol.
Do you have some good schools in the area, can you let me know what they are called? My kids are 8 & 11 this summer

We also have friends in Maungaraki, which also looks very nice but would be happy anywhere in between near a good school. Can anyone recommend any areas?

Many thanks again, im sure this will be the first of many questions

Last edited by moonie2011; Feb 28th 2013 at 5:49 pm.
Old Feb 28th 2013, 5:58 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moonie2011
MrsFychan, when re originally looked at Wellington, your area, Porriura appealed to us, how long is the car/train journey to the CBD and how far is it from the beach lol.
Do you have some good schools in the area, can you let me know what they are called? My kids are 8 & 11 this summer

We're in Pukerua Bay which is just under 40mins on the train. our house is less than 5mins from the station but think most houses in the Bay are under 10 mins walk. Time to the beach varies from a hop over the road to 10mins walk from our house. but we drive down with all the requirements in the car, towels, snorkels, body boards, dog, bucket n spades etc. Think most people drive to beaches because of all the stuff.
As for schools I like my kids one but then again I hadn't looked at any others and I really think it is a personal choice and best look round before deciding. My kids are 11, daughter and 7 son and have fitted in really well.
Old Feb 28th 2013, 6:20 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys for all the messages, I sure it is just the start of many, but worrys have already set in re INZ not giving us a visa, the job offer not fitting into one of the jobs on the LTSSL etc. etc. once bitten twice shy and all that
We are hoping to be able to submit our WTR at the beginning of April.
If the employer is accredited then the job doesn't have to be on the LTSSL, that's a separate WTR visa. Apply under Talent [accredited employer] instructions, it is a different category.
Congratulations again, good to see you're finally getting somewhere with NZIS
Old Feb 28th 2013, 8:09 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

CONGRATULATIONS!
Old Mar 9th 2013, 8:41 am
BE Enthusiast

OH had a call from NZ last night, the references all check out and they have drawn up his contract for the original job but they are still waiting to see if he can have the second job, we should know more next week
We have rung and re rung INZ to ask q's and to make sure we are not missing anything that might get our visa refused

Whilst starting to get excited the what ifs of reality are starting to creep in. The thought of arriving in a country with nothing but a suitcase each, finding a house, school, car etc is a very daunting thought

On a sadder note my head has taken control of my heart and I am starting the process of finding new homes for my cats, we wanted to bring both but one couldn't come due to a health condition then my son said it wasn't fair that I take my cat if his couldn't come, point taken so new home together being found!!

Anyway I'm sure you will hear from me soon with more questions to be asked
Thanks everyone xx
Old Mar 9th 2013, 10:14 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

On a sadder note my head has taken control of my heart and I am starting the process of finding new homes for my cats, we wanted to bring both but one couldn't come due to a health condition then my son said it wasn't fair that I take my cat if his couldn't come, point taken so new home together being found!!

Anyway I'm sure you will hear from me soon with more questions to be asked
Thanks everyone xx
We had a similar problem with taking our cat to Spain, she was a cat that spent every night out as we lived very rural, and were moving to a house with very small garden and in a built up area, we did advertise for a home but got no replies so eventually we took her to a rescue place, they felt that at her age they might have difficulties finding a home for her, so we paid a sum of money that meant, even if they couldn't rehome her, she would live out the rest of her life there with the other cats that were in a similar position.
Old Jan 25th 2014, 11:29 pm
Just Joined

Struan is an unknown quantity at this point

Great post and congratulations living the dream! I'm keen to drop you a private message re: getting your job offer with the DIA. I am currently considering the move including visa options and the route you and your family took is actually very similar to my situation. Cheers.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.