When the visa is granted ??

Old Oct 31st 2007, 11:21 am
Just Joined

mitchuk has a brilliant futuremitchuk has a brilliant futuremitchuk has a brilliant futuremitchuk has a brilliant futuremitchuk has a brilliant futuremitchuk has a brilliant future
Default When the visa is granted ??

I just wondered how long you have to actually get to NZ after you get the go ahead ?
I'm ready to submit the ITA but i'm unsure how long the visa's last before you HAVE to go ..

I seem to remember from somewhere if you go within the year that is all you need to do ...hope this makes sense to somebody ..
Old Oct 31st 2007, 1:26 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: When the visa is granted ??

You get one year to get to New Zealand to activate your residence permit. Your returning resident visa is valid for two years. I understand that you would need to stay in New Zealand for 184 days per year for the two years to keep your permit valid.

If that works out after the initial two years you can apply for an indefinite returning resident's visa (IRRV) which gives you the right to return to New Zealand at any time provided you show some sort of tie to the country.

I think this is the way it goes.
Old Oct 31st 2007, 7:47 pm
Just Joined

mitchuk has a brilliant futuremitchuk has a brilliant futuremitchuk has a brilliant futuremitchuk has a brilliant futuremitchuk has a brilliant futuremitchuk has a brilliant future
Default Re: When the visa is granted ??

Originally Posted by happynz
You get one year to get to New Zealand to activate your residence permit. Your returning resident visa is valid for two years. I understand that you would need to stay in New Zealand for 184 days per year for the two years to keep your permit valid.

If that works out after the initial two years you can apply for an indefinite returning resident's visa (IRRV) which gives you the right to return to New Zealand at any time provided you show some sort of tie to the country.

I think this is the way it goes.

thanks for that ...the reason i ask is because everything seems to be going well with the visa's but we have a problem selling the house ..

I've just got a horrible feeling i'll have the visa with time running out and i'll end up going over just to get the passport stamped !!

hopefully that won't happen and all will go according to plan ...