Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

When they say they can process a visa quickly....

When they say they can process a visa quickly....

Old Feb 28th 2010, 12:50 pm
Just Joined

karenwicks is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: When they say they can process a visa quickly....

Hi again-
Bit the bullet and spent £11 for a one minute call to NZ House to see what could be holding things up......found out that our paperwork has been sitting on the desk doing nothing for three months since being allocatd CO, and will be looked at next week. Grrr! Let's hope the telephone interview follows soon.......
Karen

Originally Posted by mudblood21
Hey Karen

This is really odd, I can't understand what the problem could be. I had the email introducing my CO on Saturday, asking for more papers, just like you. My interview was on that Monday - and I had an email to say that I had my PR on the Thursday. My passports came a week later.
I found my CO very helpful - maybe you could ring up and see if there is a problem. It could be something really simple that could be fixed over the phone.

I have a job at Macleans College in Auckland, which is year 9 up. It seems like a fab school, so i am very lucky!

let us know how it goes !

jacqui
Old Feb 28th 2010, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

mudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud of
Default Re: When they say they can process a visa quickly....

Well done for ringing up and getting things moving, but this just seems so unfair, firstly that you have had to wait so long and secondly, why was the call so expensive?

I rang them, and I thought it was just a normal London number (0207)- i will have to check my phone bill now - £11 is outrageous, it is cheaper to ring New Zealand!