British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   What are my Visa options? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/what-my-visa-options-914577/)

katie8383 Jul 4th 2018 7:09 am

What are my Visa options?

Hi all

If my partner accepts a job from an accredited employer, I'm assuming he would enter the country on a talent (accredited employer) work visa.

I've checked the website and I think this means I could apply for a partner of a worker visa? Can anyone confirm if that's right. I know this visa has a few exclusions based on the type of Visa your partner has.

Thanks in advance.

inkedneonurse Jul 4th 2018 8:06 am

Re: What are my Visa options?

Originally Posted by katie8383 (Post 12526983)
Hi all

If my partner accepts a job from an accredited employer, I'm assuming he would enter the country on a talent (accredited employer) work visa.

I've checked the website and I think this means I could apply for a partner of a worker visa? Can anyone confirm if that's right. I know this visa has a few exclusions based on the type of Visa your partner has.

Thanks in advance.

yes proving you meet the requirements you can apply for a partner of a worker visa, yoi send in all the paperwork at the sane time

MrsFychan Jul 4th 2018 10:08 am

As said you would need to prove you fit the criteria, show evidence on a stable relationship over a period of more than 12 months, joint bank accounts, or accounts that go to same address, rent or mortgage paperwork, holiday bookings, utility bills, party invites etc

katie8383 Jul 4th 2018 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by MrsFychan (Post 12527063)
As said you would need to prove you fit the criteria, show evidence on a stable relationship over a period of more than 12 months, joint bank accounts, or accounts that go to same address, rent or mortgage paperwork, holiday bookings, utility bills, party invites etc

Hi, thank you for that.

Me and my partner can only provide evidence around the apartment we rent, we have lived here for over 2 years and are both on tenancy agreement. In terms of joint accounts we don't share anything like that. Obviously we have lots of holiday bookings we have been on together and photos! Do you think I need more? Thanks again.

MrsFychan Jul 4th 2018 10:01 pm

Yes, include everything that shows you live together, so utility bills, subscriptions for both of of you that shows the same address.

JW5 Aug 27th 2018 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by katie8383 (Post 12527323)
Hi, thank you for that.

Me and my partner can only provide evidence around the apartment we rent, we have lived here for over 2 years and are both on tenancy agreement. In terms of joint accounts we don't share anything like that. Obviously we have lots of holiday bookings we have been on together and photos! Do you think I need more? Thanks again.

That should be plenty.